oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

Boro’s recruitment team are adamant they will not accept less than £20m for Spence, and are pushing for as much of the fee as possible to be paid in an up-front payment and not be dependent on add-on clauses being met.

Spurs are understood to be proposing an initial fee of around £15m, which does not meet Boro’s requirements.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20247039.middlesbrough-djed-spence-tottenham-talks-nearing-completion/

So this sounds like it’s not a done deal yet. We could be here a while especially with Levy negotiating this transfer. 😂

Why don’t we try asking for a player in addition to the transfer fee? 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, "KM" said:

So this sounds like it’s not a done deal yet. We could be here a while especially with Levy negotiating this transfer. 😂

Why don’t we try asking for a player in addition to the transfer fee? 

I wouldn't believe the echo, bad as the gazette.

That’s twice now the Echo has released something straight away after breaking news about Spence being advanced. Almost as though they are being told to…

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Yep in agreement that £15m + add-ons is a remarkable result for us.

Kind of hoping this doesn't mean we are held to premium on other players now other clubs know we've had a bit of a windfall 

It would still be plausible for us to say that we're a championship club and just because we've made a big sale doesn't mean that we have a lot to spend. The club is still running at a loss so a lot of that money will go into the club. Selling clubs can then believe it or try to negotiate. And I don't think we'll be held to ransom like we have been with Britt and Saville to name a few.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Boro’s recruitment team are adamant they will not accept less than £20m for Spence, and are pushing for as much of the fee as possible to be paid in an up-front payment and not be dependent on add-on clauses being met.

Spurs are understood to be proposing an initial fee of around £15m, which does not meet Boro’s requirements.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20247039.middlesbrough-djed-spence-tottenham-talks-nearing-completion/

If that is true I’d honestly just take the £15m up front and be done with it because it sounds like it’s starting to hold up our business and we could start missing out on key targets. Seems reasonable for all parties.

6 minutes ago, JTG said:

If that is true I’d honestly just take the £15m up front and be done with it because it sounds like it’s starting to hold up our business and we could start missing out on key targets. Seems reasonable for all parties.

I doubt our recruitment team are particularly stressed about it, it may hold back 1 bigger target but no more than that, it's not exactly like we need the money in hand as we wouldn't be literally getting £15m upfront it would be in installments. Looks like we've almost got 6 through the door already so we're moving at an incredible pace compared to the usual transfer windows.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It would still be plausible for us to say that we're a championship club and just because we've made a big sale doesn't mean that we have a lot to spend. The club is still running at a loss so a lot of that money will go into the club. Selling clubs can then believe it or try to negotiate. And I don't think we'll be held to ransom like we have been with Britt and Saville to name a few.

Agreed - we can blame FFP on how much of the fee we can actually spend.

2 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Problem with signing Forest Green players though is you don't know how they'll perform if not powered by a vegan diet. 🙃

They wouldn’t be used to leather boots and could only play with a plastic ball…mind those “captain’s balls” used to be rock hard especially on a cold North East morning when they hit you on the thigh!

33 minutes ago, CWC said:

That’s twice now the Echo has released something straight away after breaking news about Spence being advanced. Almost as though they are being told to…

Or its almost as if they are copy and pasting other sources and forum posts lol

56 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Spurs are  to be proposing an initial fee of around £15m, which does not meet Boro’s requirements.

I can say with absolute confidence that this is BS. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Like i said earlier Spurs bid 10 we wanted 15. Looks like thats finally happening. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Saw someone mention on twitter that if the Spence deal gets completed in July then it gets affiliated with a different year of accounts.

Is this true? I don’t have clue.

Possibly but I’ve got no idea whether or not that would positively or negatively impact our FFP.

16 minutes ago, JTG said:

Possibly but I’ve got no idea whether or not that would positively or negatively impact our FFP.

Positively I'd expect, I don't think we're near the limits at the moment, moving it into the "next season" would mean that the £15m(ish) would stay on our books for an extra season for future FFP calculations. Whether that's true that it's classed as a new season in FFP terms I don't know...

Edit: "provided that in either case the accounts are prepared to an accounting reference date (as defined in section 391 of the 2006 Act) which falls between 31 May and 31 July inclusive. If the accounting reference date falls at any other time, separate accounts for the Club or the Group as appropriate must be prepared for a period of twelve months ending on a date between 31 May and 31 July inclusive, and in such a case “Annual Accounts” means those accounts."

So the end of June could well be when our accounts roll over into the next year.

Edit again: image.png.7da722674bf258f19d90918599184236.png

Looks like we do in fact use 30th of June as our 12 month accounting period.

Edited by Foogle
  • Like 2

15 million is an absolutely great result. 

Joined on a free.  Wages have been relatively low.  Internet has him on around 3.5k a week.  If that had been the case for his entire time here which is unlikely he's cost less than a million in wages.  Apart from a short period he's never looked like he wanted to be here.  

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?