oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, uncle_rico said:

Do we want it on last season's or next season's then?

Next season's, we'd only want it on this season's if we were towing the FFP line. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

People ITK at the Spurs end saying the deal is between £15m-17.5m for Spence 

Is that £15-17.5m total or £15-17.5m guaranteed + add ons?

21 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Positively I'd expect

It would be more useful in the next period, especially if we intend to spend decent money ourselves in the next period as obviously that amount will be spread over the length of the contract as well so will carry into future periods.  If we sold in this period and bought in the next then we'd be one period behind as it were.

All along we thought that Spence was delaying the transfer for his own selfish reasons but it turns out he was just thinking about our FFP position in the future.  What a guy! 🤗

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It would be more useful in the next period, especially if we intend to spend decent money ourselves in the next period as obviously that amount will be spread over the length of the contract as well so will carry into future periods.  If we sold in this period and bought in the next then we'd be one period behind as it were.

All along we thought that Spence was delaying the transfer for his own selfish reasons but it turns out he was just thinking about our FFP position in the future.  What a guy! 🤗

Just picturing Spence in a pair of swim shorts and some reading glasses pouring over our year accounts whilst on holiday. Never a day off for that lad!

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, JTG said:

Possibly but I’ve got no idea whether or not that would positively or negatively impact our FFP.

FFP is normally on a rolling three year basis - with our year end of 30th June.  Years 2019/20 and 2020/21 were amalgamated because of the effect of Covid - I.e. you add the two years and average the result. so the FFP calculation for June 2022 will be the seasons 2018/2019, the average of 2019/2020 and 2020/21 and the season year just ending today.

The next seasons FFP will be based on the average of 2019/20 and 2020/21, plus the two years ending June 2022 (today) and 2023.

After that it will go back to a pure three year calculation - year 2023/24 will use the 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24 seasons

If we had been up against a FFP limit currently, we would have given way on Spence and got the deal done before today.

As it is, doing the deal after today means we get a large profit that stays in the calculations all the way until 2024/25 season.

• Like 5
Just now, Foogle said:

Just picturing Spence in a pair of swim shorts and some reading glasses pouring over our year accounts whilst on holiday. Never a day off for that lad!

You know when people say that a player will be a future manager some day?  Well, Spence will be our future Chief Exec, you mark my words!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And that's that. Period.

• Sad 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?