oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’d say he walked when he heard that he had to improve Lumley 😂😂😂

I have it on reliable authority that we told Ince Joe Lumley was Absolutely Fabulous..  we just didn't specify which one 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't imagine them posting that if he was imminently leaving.

He hasn’t handed in a transfer request and they have no reason to sell, hence why we will have to pay 10 million or more which he’s not worth 

42 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Still no sign of Brad James. Disappeared off the face of the earth recently.

If we get rid of Daniels, we will presumably need James as third keeper?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

Matcalfe is highly rated I believe. Will be good to see how he gets on. 

Hes also absolutely enormous. I'm clear of 6ft and he towered over me when he was stood next to me watching an u23 fixture last season.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

He hasn’t handed in a transfer request and they have no reason to sell, hence why we will have to pay 10 million or more which he’s not worth 

I think he is going to be top class for whoever signs him. If we get £15M+ for Spence then I would happily spend £10M on him but Coventry quoted €10M which is about £8.6M, the rest of the money can be ideally used to fund Armstrongs loan, another loan or buy a lower league striker with potential like that Ipswich lad, get a keeper (preferably not Zack) and a LCB, jobs a good un. If we sell Bola then replace him. We may need a RWB cover unless Gibon can cover there.

13 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I really don't think signing Gyokeres is the be all end all. Be happy if we got him at a fair price but there are plenty of other good strikers out there we could target. 

I have to agree. £8m is a huge outlay for a player who has admittedly had one good season. Though this summer I trust the club’s judgment. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I really don't think signing Gyokeres is the be all end all. Be happy if we got him at a fair price but there are plenty of other good strikers out there we could target. 

Assuming this Spence deal goes through, we're getting a nice bit of cash to spend so hopefully yeah, we don't just blow it on Gyokeres because we see him as vital. He's not the only striker out there who could do the job, he looked very good against us but said it before, I'd hate to think that's the only reason we're trying to buy him. If that was the case then I'd be hoping Coventry keep that fee high and we refuse to match it.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I have to agree. £8m is a huge outlay for a player who has admittedly had one good season. Though this summer I trust the club’s judgment. 

It is a huge outlay, but we are also apparently selling one of our own players for £15-20m after one good season too.

But this is modern football, and that seems to be the way it goes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?