oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Does anyone know if we are looking for a left footed centre back at all? I’m kinda curious about that…

Ben Davies, Jacob Greaves have been linked along with Jarrad Branthwaite so it's pretty much on we are in the Market for one plus Wilder has said as much.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

It is done. Announcement probably early next week

Not really worried about journos tweets.   Lurker is not this unequivocal unless he's sure.

No huge rush for a LCB. There’s two months of the window left and we have decent enough players who can play there. The focus has to be on getting Spence out of the club and getting 2 or 3 quality strikers in.

3 hours ago, JonnyMFC said:

Nasty little blighters, tiny wasps with little man syndrome.............no sorry, that's Hornets 😂

My downfall was the pantie girdle...Dislocated my wrist getting it out when Dad came home early one night....A long long time ago...Ahhhh those balmy evenings such memories...anyway where was we...oh yes transfers no news is good news

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I swear we've sold Spence three times, he's had multiple offers and medicals according to various journalists.

Hopefully we have been paid three times as well 😂

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

No huge rush for a LCB. There’s two months of the window left and we have decent enough players who can play there. The focus has to be on getting Spence out of the club and getting 2 or 3 quality strikers in.

That’s true, but it’s hardly overtaxing the recruitment department to expect them to identify and put in offers for all the positions we want to fill. They should have identified two or three LCB candidates well before now - I assume Greaves at Hull was one of those - and have made initial approaches. Sometimes the answer is a definite no and sometimes the response means you continue talking, or waiting until the selling club has made a final decision (or reduced their asking price to what you are willing to pay). 
Obviously there will be young PL players who clubs want to get experience, but won’t make a decision on until the end of the transfer window or until they’ve done their recruitment. It may be that a LCB falls into that category with Boro having got Lenihan in as the main CB target.

All we need now is a Twitter campaign organised by Levy to "Free Djed Spence", claiming we're holding him hostage in a dungeon somewhere  (with DZ as his jailer). Guessing he will go straight to the table when he arrives back from holiday but think most of us are sick of them regurgitating each others scoops when none of them really know anything.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

That’s a shame, what price did Coventry quote you out of interest?

Id be happy enough with Lucas Joao tbh.

Lucas Joao while being a really good player at this level doesn't do what we need in our system. I'm pretty sure if he ran hard the way Wilder requires week in week out he would break down pretty quick. He's just not a high energy forward who will close down defenders so I honestly don't think Wilder would go for him. In another system under a different manager I'd be happy if we signed him. 

I have the same opinion of Andy Carrol on a free. For me he was a level above this league when he was at Reading and with 2 good wingbacks crossing for him he would be an absolute nightmare to defend against and I'm sure would get a good amount of goals off the bench and a few starts but he just doesn't have the capability to close down defenders and play in a high tempo system so he just wouldn't be someone worth mentioning. 

2 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Might be a new contract for Johnson as the Forest fans seem to think, or they have signed Cameron ARCHER?

Will be a new contract for Johnson and his trademark celebration

12 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Might be a new contract for Johnson as the Forest fans seem to think, or they have signed Cameron ARCHER?

Johnson contract extension confirmed 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?