oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Everything agreed apart from fee. But a lot closer than Wednesday.  Spurs are going too have tie it up soon.  Spence now willing to move elsewhere levy bargaining tool weakening a bit now

Thanks pal. Hopefully things come to a conclusion next week.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, notjade said:

He's desperate to come back but not enough to reduce his wages....ok....

I assume it’d be a loan so it’s not up to Gibson how much of his wages we’d be paying 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I assume it’d be a loan so it’s not up to Gibson how much of his wages we’d be paying 

Pretty sure when we loaned Ramirez in the promotion season we came to a compromise where we paid a percentage, Southampton paid a percentage, and he took a hit on the rest because he was so desperate to get out and play.

Appreciate that he’s still like every other person at the end of the day with bills to pay etc so it’s not always that simple but if he’s that desperate to come back I guess there might be potential for a similar compromise to be found.

As much as I thought Gibson/Fry would be our defensive cornerstone for a decade when Fry broke through, I'm now thinking we need a quick, athletic, ball playing left footed CB and Gibson isn't it.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

As much as I thought Gibson/Fry would be our defensive cornerstone for a decade when Fry broke through, I'm now thinking we need a quick, athletic, ball playing left footed CB and Gibson isn't that.

Not so much for the championship but definitely if we go up. Those two plus dijksteel would be a very solid backline in the championship and I think we would be serious contenders to win the league if we managed to get 2 strikers on top of that capable of hitting 15+. 

Well isn’t the idea that the ‘wide’ centre backs get up into midfield? Kind of why djksteel has been so good there as he used to be a midfielder, he’s basically made for that role. So yea I’d agree that Gibson wouldn’t be great there from that pov, typically we have 4 players who are all good to perfect for the rcb role. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Well isn’t the idea that the ‘wide’ centre backs get up into midfield? Kind of why djksteel has been so good there as he used to be a midfielder, he’s basically made for that role. So yea I’d agree that Gibson wouldn’t be great there from that pov, typically we have 4 players who are all good to perfect for the rcb role. 

Well that's what Wilder wants yeh which is why we have tabled an offer for Greaves and as far as I know the Gibson talk is pure speculation and unless Fry goes for big money will more than likely remain that way. Dijksteel was mainly applauded for his defending last season his forays upfield didn't yield much in the way of chances created the overlapping CBs were more of a hindrance than a help.

I be very happy if we got Zack Steffen on loan for GK. Greaves from Hull for LCB slot, Cameron Archer from Villa and the Coventry forward Gyokeres. Hope we can sign a couple on permanent deals. Sell Spence, Ikpeazu, Coulson, Akpom, Hall and Fisher.

7 minutes ago, clappy1974 said:

I be very happy if we got Zack Steffen on loan for GK. Greaves from Hull for LCB slot, Cameron Archer from Villa and the Coventry forward Gyokeres. Hope we can sign a couple on permanent deals. Sell Spence, Ikpeazu, Coulson, Akpom, Hall and Fisher.

Not sure on Archer, I'd prob go tried and tested Gayle and gyokeres with watmore and coburn as back up sounds good to fairly realistic to me, had hoped when city announced there new keeper we would do the same with Steffan

9 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Its not so much too come back here but move back up north.  He is home sick,  we obviously would be his number 1 choice but he is desperate too move back up north. 

How many teams play with the wide centre back system that we do? Us and Chelsea? Maybe one or two others. The vast majority of our targets for that role will be players who haven't played it, it'll be down to the scouts/wilder/knill to decide if a player coming in has the attributes to be trained that way - I'm not so sure about Gibson myself but what I do know is he's a very very solid defender and a very comfortable passer. And he's left footed. So it's not a bad start - I'll trust wilder if he thinks that he's the answer for that position. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

How many teams play with the wide centre back system that we do? Us and Chelsea? Maybe one or two others. The vast majority of our targets for that role will be players who haven't played it, it'll be down to the scouts/wilder/knill to decide if a player coming in has the attributes to be trained that way - I'm not so sure about Gibson myself but what I do know is he's a very very solid defender and a very comfortable passer. And he's left footed. So it's not a bad start - I'll trust wilder if he thinks that he's the answer for that position. 

I’ll be relatively happy if we bring back Ben Gibson but I’m not sure he’s the same defender that left us in terms of being solid. That could be because of the team(s) he has played in though. When he was nailed for Norwich last season he did make a lot of mistakes hopefully should he come back Wilder addresses that to get the best out of him!

24 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I’ll be relatively happy if we bring back Ben Gibson but I’m not sure he’s the same defender that left us in terms of being solid. That could be because of the team(s) he has played in though. When he was nailed for Norwich last season he did make a lot of mistakes hopefully should he come back Wilder addresses that to get the best out of him!

My slight niggle with Gibson is that he (and Ayala) looked really good when they had the protection in front of them. I don’t think he looked as good when we loosened the reigns.

I am already critical of the lack of protection the CB’s get in our team. Howson just disappears. I fear it could really expose Gibson.

If we were with a different set up I wouldn’t blink in having him back he’s a proven championship defender. 

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?