oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

No debate for me. Steffen would be an incredible signing and far surpass my initial transfer expectations. Absolutely tailor-made for a Wilder team and a level above Championship football without doubt. I've always been of the opinion too that a goalkeeper is the most important signing for any team. Imagine our potential with Steffen > Lumley last season, Wilder having a full season in charge and the credible additions/rumours we're being linked with elsewhere at the moment heading into the next. I just don't see how we don't better last seasons 7th place finish.

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

"Mainly because Steffen is worse mate, you will see. How often you seen him? So much carp talked on here from people i doubt seen him much. "

You've criticised him and then called out people for having an opinion on him when they haven't seen enough of him. Yet you've formed an opinion on what you've seen of him. You don't see the hypocrisy?

Desperate spinning of your accusation claiming that I said people people were not allowed an opinion. Everyone is allowed an opinion, I just disagree with the ott comments of some posters. 

There is a world of difference critiquing someones comments to suggesting they they are not allowed an opinion. As a moderator on this board, you should know and understand the difference surely and not imply people have said something they have not said?

I have been clear that my opinion on Steffen is based on limited viewings, my judgement of Karius is based on more viewings, both have limitations. I think Karius is less risky, I don’t want either however, I want Iversen. I have been clear Steffen could be successful at Boro, it is just I don’t see what others claim to see based on the albeit limited games I have seen. My doubting of others thoughts is based on what I think will be limited viewings too, certainly for a good few posters. If Steffen does sign, as seems likely, like any player he will have my full support as will the entire team on matchdays. I will continue to critique players based on what I see, not on who they have previously played for or how many international caps they have.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Steffen would be a top quality goalkeeper for us and if he doesn't keep more clean sheets than Lumley I will tug @DocMartin off

You would have to try to do it from your hospital bed 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

I like Gyokeres a lot but I think he'll be waiting a while for that. Out of all the top performing championship strikers I think hes the least likely to get prem interest.

I know we've been interested in the Hull lad Greaves, i noticed people guessing pretty high fees for him a few pages back. Is he actually that good? He is a ball playing cb? Was pretty shocked when people were touting 5-8 million fees.

I remember a time when we would'nt pay £4m to Hull for a lad called Maguire!!!

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Let's calm down my dude

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Let's calm down my dude

Deary me, It was meant as humour, I took DZ’s post as humour too, perhaps i should have added an emoji to be clear

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Desperate spinning of your accusation claiming that I said people people were not allowed an opinion. Everyone is allowed an opinion, I just disagree with the ott comments of some posters. 

There is a world of difference critiquing someones comments to suggesting they they are not allowed an opinion. As a moderator on this board, you should know and understand the difference surely and not imply people have said something they have not said?

I have been clear that my opinion on Steffen is based on limited viewings, my judgement of Karius is based on more viewings, both have limitations. I think Karius is less risky, I don’t want either however, I want Iversen. I have been clear Steffen could be successful at Boro, it is just I don’t see what others claim to see based on the albeit limited games I have seen. My doubting of others thoughts is based on what I think will be limited viewings too, certainly for a good few posters. If Steffen does sign, as seems likely, like any player he will have my full support as will the entire team on matchdays. I will continue to critique players based on what I see, not on who they have previously played for or how many international caps they have.

Calling people's opinions crap is not a very respectful critique though is it?

5 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Deary me, It was meant as humour, I took DZ’s post as humour too, perhaps i should have added an emoji to be clear

Yes probably! Your posts read like you've been getting a little wound up, just didn't want it getting out of hand that was all mate! 

If it was meant in jest, I apologise and please carry on ❤️

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Steffen would be a top quality goalkeeper for us and if he doesn't keep more clean sheets than Lumley I will tug @DocMartin off

Sounds like Lumley at least kept more clean sheets than you anyway...all that tugging... 😜

• Haha 3
23 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Clean sheets are the responsibility of the defense including the Keeper + half the midfield 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Calling people's opinions crap is not a very respectful critique though is it?

Neither is alleging somebody stated something they did not, especially when the accuser holds a position of a degree of authority. I get the impression you don’t like me, which is fair enough, you made an unwarranted accusation about a week ago too. I respectfully suggest this ends here as the rest of the board will not want to watch a petty squabble playing out 👍

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?