oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

So we are saying the bloke who’s been trusted to be Guardiolas no 2 for nigh on 3 years is a worse option than Newcastles second choice  and now third choice keeper and also Karius an abhorrent failure at Liverpool.

I will say it again, Steffen will be the best keeper we will have had play for us in Years. I will be proved right aswell

Edited by AllBoro10
  • Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

So we are saying the bloke who’s been trusted to be Guardiolas no 2 for nigh on 3 years is a worse option than Newcastles second choice keeper and also Karius an abhorrent failure at Liverpool.

I will say it again, Steffen will be the best keeper we will have had play for us in Years. I will be proved right aswell

Agree with this ☝️

I wish Burnely would sod off😡

I wanted Twine/& or O Hare

They got Twine(who scored on his debut)

Now linked with Callum O Hare🤬

My hopes are being dashed 😭

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Agree with this ☝️

Just trawled through reams of Info on Zack Steffen, as I haven't seen a lot of him...Most is V. Positive like the commentator said, in a World Cup year if he performs poor he won't be USA's No 1 so its up to him...Not sure I want MY club used as a testing ground for any player though...We'll wait and see 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Clean sheets are the responsibility of the defense including the Keeper + half the midfield 

Defending starts from the front dammit! Do know of you follow football?

1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

I remember a time when we would'nt pay £4m to Hull for a lad called Maguire!!!

Thought Hull kept moving the goalposts as they didn't want to sell to us.

Even though Forest signed a new RB I fully expect Brentford to come in for Spence if Spurs walk away. 

I fully expect Spurs to sign Spence and I think its only reason Brentford not come in but if Spurs walk then Spence can either go Brentford and return to London or come back. And i am 100% he would choose the Brentford option.

6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Thought Hull kept moving the goalposts as they didn't want to sell to us.

We should try moving the goalposts during games, we might concede fewer goals 😉

• Haha 2

Got a feeling Spence to Spurs will be completed today or tomorrow. Spence is due back at Rockliffe tomorrow and Spurs pre-season also starts tomorrow. They’re off on a money making tour of South Korea soon too, so you’d expect them to want him to be part of that. Here’s hoping. Either way, I can’t see Spence returning to Rockliffe.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

So we are saying the bloke who’s been trusted to be Guardiolas no 2 for nigh on 3 years is a worse option than Newcastles second choice  and now third choice keeper and also Karius an abhorrent failure at Liverpool.

Bold prediction for a keeper who had a long injury lay-off recently and has barely played a game in the last year or so.

Started 17 games for Fortuna Dusseldorf in the 2019-20 season (then got injured) - record reads W4 D3 L10. Conceded 35 goals and kept just 2 clean sheets.

Not entirely the keeper's fault obviously, but strangely their record got better after he was out injured. W2 D9 L6 for the rest of the season. 

Maybe he will turn out to be brilliant...but there is little evidence for it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Bold prediction for a keeper who had a long injury lay-off recently and has barely played a game in the last year or so.

Started 17 games for Fortuna Dusseldorf in the 2019-20 season (then got injured) - record reads W4 D3 L10. Conceded 35 goals and kept just 2 clean sheets.

Not entirely the keeper's fault obviously, but strangely their record got better after he was out injured. W2 D9 L6 for the rest of the season. 

Aye. I’m very confident with it too. 

1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

I remember a time when we would'nt pay £4m to Hull for a lad called Maguire!!!

Actually if I remember rightly we had everything agreed, he arrived at our training ground ready to sign but one of our fans were hiding in the bushes shouting "you're shi#t" at him so he packed up and left. 

Isn't that right KM...

Issue with Ben Gibson is there is doubts about how good he actually is. He looked poor for Norwich in the premier League, and that makes you question if Karankas tactics protected him in the PL with us. 

If this is right then we would be buying a guy who is just a championship defender, who you would have concerns about if we went up. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not against him coming but I understand some people not as keen now. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

You probably could find the opposite stats for Lumley, that make him look like a top keeper. You really can't assess a keeper by general team results, for example we don't know their general injury situation 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?