oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

40 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

5 for me. 2 strikers, left centre back, Steffen and smith.

and then get another DM and striker later in window. 

McNair misses the West Brom game and I would start Lenihan in the centre of the 3 and Dijksteel to the right. Need a left footer to start on the left of the 3, Fry on the bench for me.

Unless we get that LCB before WBA (and hopefully barring any injuries) i would be very shocked if its not Dijksteel-Fry-Lenihan at the back v WBA

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I think the important thing with McGoldrick was that he was mentioned as a squad guy rather than primary role,, sort of like Dunc coming on when we are into last 25 minutes. Not expected to run around for whole game, we lost out last year because of inexperience in that area, so if he is a "super sub", definitely an upgrade..  if there is any substance to it. 

Sort of like Dunc sounds exactly like Dunc.  I do wonder if we should sign players to play for the first 65 mins though as a higher priority...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Unless we get that LCB before WBA (and hopefully barring any injuries) i would be very shocked if its not Dijksteel-Fry-Lenihan at the back v WBA

I know its wishful thinking, but I would really love it if Bola and Bilingo prove their ability as LCB during preseason 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sort of like Dunc sounds exactly like Dunc.  I do wonder if we should sign players to play for the first 65 mins though as a higher priority...

Would go with that, but as they cost a little more, it may just be possible that those deals are reliant on incoming funds..  unless you know of any freebies that we can realistically pursue

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I'd be a bit shocked as Lenihan isn't really a left sided player.  He can play there in the same way as Peltier could play there i.e. if you have to have them there then so be it but ideally you'd want someone else.  Given that McNair is by a mile our best defender on the ball it will be strange if he's sitting on the bench unless people think he'll be playing in another position perhaps.  McNair was on the right hand side of the three yesterday I believe?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'd be a bit shocked as Lenihan isn't really a left sided player.  He can play there in the same way as Peltier could play there i.e. if you have to have them there then so be it but ideally you'd want someone else.  Given that McNair is by a mile our best defender on the ball it will be strange if he's sitting on the bench unless people think he'll be playing in another position perhaps.  McNair was on the right hand side of the three yesterday I believe?

Sorry i meant that will be back 3 for WBA game only in my view given Paddy misses that game due to being sent off v Preston on last day.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Sorry i meant that will be back 3 for WBA game only in my view given Paddy misses that game due to being sent off v Preston on last day.

Yeah, sorry I thought you meant long term.  In the short term he might but I can't see him staying there.  I don't know if there's any significance to the fact that McNair wasn't played there yesterday, and the young lad and Bola were.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Would go with that, but as they cost a little more, it may just be possible that those deals are reliant on incoming funds..  unless you know of any freebies that we can realistically pursue

Then it's a good job that Spence suddenly got good and became worth something to us or I guess we'd have been stuck not being able to sign anyone this summer.  I wonder if that was part of our pitch to get Wilder to come here 🤔

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Wilder said yesterday that Lenihan can play anywhere across the back 3, so as it stands it will be Lenihan-Fry-Dijksteel. 

Wilder was encouraging Lenihan to bring the ball out and play it out quicker, so will be something they work on in the next few weeks.

I think the fact we had a left footer at left centre back in the first half and also second half yesterday tells its own story. So I disagree. I think Lenihan will play where he played yesterday and also right centre back at times 

• Like 2

The whole not signing Smith/ other players until after we sell Spence could be a PR masterclass... teams know we already have a windfall coming in for djed, but if we plead poverty till then we at least give the impression that the fund we get from him are all we have. We obviously had some kind of budget before he became such a sellable asset, wilder wouldn't be here if we didn't. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I know its wishful thinking, but I would really love it if Bola and Bilingo prove their ability as LCB during preseason 

I was really impressed by Bilongo yesterday. Best player on the pitch in the first half for my money and was surprised not to see him get a name check in the gazette article picking out the top performers. Especially considering that as far as I'm aware he's a LWB by trade and is not necessarily used to playing CB in a back three I thought he looked excellent. Big lad, good range of passing, very composed on the ball, got up the pitch well and supported the attack. Hopefully more to come from him.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, sorry I thought you meant long term.  In the short term he might but I can't see him staying there.  I don't know if there's any significance to the fact that McNair wasn't played there yesterday, and the young lad and Bola were.

Yeah I think Wilder has hinted the long term plan is to make Paddy the RCB. I know people prefer Dijksteel but I feel he will prefer Paddy there with Dijksteel challenging.

Fry and Lenihan for the central position and then a LCB coming in. That I feel will be our 5 CBs for this season with Bola and Smith stepping in if needed.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?