oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, estonpidge said:

part of a bargining strategy, we'll keep him if you don't pay up. wouldn't be surprised if Spurs don't try to add unwanted players to the deal instead of straight cash.

Joe Rodon would be very welcome 👀

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

People going on about him going AWOL and trying to force a move based on absolutely nothing shows the insane level of bias there is against this kid. I don't know what it is, and I wouldn't like to speculate, but the bitterness against him is really embarassing in some sections of our fan base. 

What do you think it is racism? Or something else. You might as well come out and say it. 

Spence is someone that had been portrayed by our club, ex-manager's and local media as someone who was a disruptive influence at the club. 

It seemed obvious that he was glad to leave and has no desire to come back. I can understand that football fans (who are always biased towards their own club) have a negative impression of him. 

I don't think it has to be anything sinister.

As for players threatening to go on strike to force a move, well that seems to be the default response of a lot of players nowadays so I think its always something that you wonder might happen. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Tom said:

And that's fair enough, and makes a degree of sense. But him staying away or training alone with the blessing of the club is one thing, but the comment was that he'd go AWOL to try to force a move. I just wondered what the reasoning behind that was.

Yeah two different situations there, I see what you mean. 

32 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

After the season he had i'll welcome him back with open arms..
season 6 episode 13 GIF

Its possible he only had a great season due to being at a different club, with a new manager & team mates.

If he came back to Boro, he might revert to being the Spence we saw week in , week out. 🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

So the gap in valuations is smaller than it was reportedly a week ago when they said we were only £1m apart? No wonder everyone says Levy is such a nightmare to deal with.

At this point it’s just about who doesn’t want to lose face isn’t it? 

Levy won’t want to lose. Gibson won’t want to lose. So here we are until someone blinks first. 

2 hours ago, uncle_rico said:

Apparently we are interested in Kell Watts from Newcastle. Centre back, was as on loan at Wigan last season and a quick google suggests he might be heading back there this season. 

Apparently according to who? 

7 minutes ago, JTG said:

So the gap in valuations is smaller than it was reportedly a week ago when they said we were only £1m apart? No wonder everyone says Levy is such a nightmare to deal with.

Some said only a £1m, others saying  much bigger sums, or just “a long way apart”. I just think we can’t believe anything we hear through the media. It could also be the base fee is near, but the add-one are still an issue.
Spurs have already bought 4 or 5 other players without much fuss though. I know it’s said Levy is negotiating this one himself, but none of the others will have gone through without him poring over every last detail, I bet. That suggests we were significantly apart originally. It also seems he was upset we seemed to be asking more than the agreed price with Forest. I know that was negotiated  a while ago and circumstances change, but it’s the type of thing that probably would get him thinking Boro we’re trying to fleece Spurs because Spence wanted to go there. 

4 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Some said only a £1m, others saying  much bigger sums, or just “a long way apart”. I just think we can’t believe anything we hear through the media. It could also be the base fee is near, but the add-one are still an issue.
Spurs have already bought 4 or 5 other players without much fuss though. I know it’s said Levy is negotiating this one himself, but none of the others will have gone through without him poring over every last detail, I bet. That suggests we were significantly apart originally. It also seems he was upset we seemed to be asking more than the agreed price with Forest. I know that was negotiated  a while ago and circumstances change, but it’s the type of thing that probably would get him thinking Boro we’re trying to fleece Spurs because Spence wanted to go there. 

I honestly think no one knows the truth and are just spreading tit bits they are being dropped from "sources"

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?