oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

7 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

I'm sure they have huge liabilities, just as they have huge assets.   If their net position is £700m in the hole, then surely the company is trading illegally and is about to get shut down??  Hmm...

Well they do own a £1.5 billion stadium and 100s of millions worth of players as well as making several hundred million a year so they're certainly not in the hole. They're probably not as highly levered as a lot of businesses are so I imagine they feel pretty rosy!

Edited by Foogle
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Well they do own a £1.5 billion stadium and 100s of millions worth of players as well as making several hundred million a year so they're certainly not in the hole. They're probably not as highly levered as a lot of businesses are.

Yup, that's precisely my point.

3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

• Like 1

plus every time the owners put their own money into the club it will go down as debt unless its done as a share issue. This is done to protect your investment in the event the company goes bust your a secured creditor, also done for tax purposes too.

like we are probs about 200-300m in debt to steve gibson, he won't ever take that back out of the club, but its there just incase something bad happens, or on the table to be written off in the event he decided to sell the club.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Rob said:

did it come from the higher echelons of the hierarchy by any chance? 

you have to be rich to be able to obtain that level of debt, if you don't have the income and or the assets you wont get the loans

No that's true, Some Nigerian got my bank details and put a tenner in 

24 minutes ago, johnhorse said:

Every time. Appreciate the snippets we get from those that are ITK but sooo many cases of pointless waffle. The Juninho saga, Spence shenanigans, name spellings… 😂

welcome to the transfer thread!

My struggle is this. We really have done nothing on the striker front and I assume that if we did not have a Spence to sell we would still be looking for strikers beyond the two (regular first team) we have. So I would have thought we would have had some "lesser" strikers coming in either permanent or on loan. All the ones that have been mentioned on here cannot be based upon selling one player, getting the money in and freeing up (what I imagine are) relatively modest wages. I realize that the window still has a long way to go, but the first game of the season is less than 4 weeks away.

53 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Debt is largely irrelevant as long as it can be serviced. It’s like someone buying a £1m house and then saying they’re skint because they’ve now got that debt. 

They've got plenty of money, deal is £15m up front plus add-ons 

So its don then just waiting on announcement ?

6 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

My struggle is this. We really have done nothing on the striker front and I assume that if we did not have a Spence to sell we would still be looking for strikers beyond the two (regular first team) we have. So I would have thought we would have had some "lesser" strikers coming in either permanent or on loan. All the ones that have been mentioned on here cannot be based upon selling one player, getting the money in and freeing up (what I imagine are) relatively modest wages. I realize that the window still has a long way to go, but the first game of the season is less than 4 weeks away.

Well first of all you don't really know if we've done anything on the striker front. And second why would we want to sign "lesser" strikers when we can sign better strikers as soon as Spence is sold which should be any time now. Of course the ones that have been mentioned can be down to selling Spence. If we're willing to pay say 7 million for Gyokeres and 1 million to loan Armstrong then we probably need to rake in some money first. You sound like you'd rather have a couple in quickly regardless of quality rather than taking time in getting the right ones in.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I'm just gonna put this out there but can people stop putting 'snippets' into their posts it's a really annoying word! 😅

snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets snippets

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?