oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

It’s clear a signal of intent though, he doesn’t wanna be playing a right footer in that position in the first game of the season, that’s clear. 

I would expect us to bring a left sided centre back in very soon. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us signing a young one and an established one reading that 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Also sounds like he’s happy for Bola to be back up to Giles. 

The question I think, was always is Bola happy to be back up as opposed to is CW happy to have him as back up.

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Also sounds like he’s happy for Bola to be back up to Giles. 

I'm happy with that too. Bola is definitely good enough to fill in at times.

Sounds like Wilder will be content with him covering at LCB as well.

Just now, Pork Slops said:

The question I think, was always is Bola happy to be back up as opposed to is CW happy to have him as back up.

Yeah I’d agree. Suppose depends what offers we get 

2 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yeah I’d agree. Suppose depends what offers we get 

What's the value of a second choice wing back in his mid 20s who's progress is hampered by injuries, 2-3.5M ?

29 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

There’s the proof now that he 100% wants a LCB.

I really hope we go back in for Greaves at Hull once the Spence sale goes through but guess it will depend on how much they’ve quoted us for him.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

MungosMum alert. She said no Spence at training today 

But Spence with the fitness dept doing his work ups apparently, just not training

36 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Yeh and we can stop this noncense of McNair or Fry playing there. 

So with the signing of Lenihan and Wilder making it clear he wants a LCB what does this mean for Djiksteel, McNair and Fry? Lenihan will take one of the CB spots and a new LCB will take one of the other spots?

Just now, "KM" said:

So with the signing of Lenihan and Wilder making it clear he wants a LCB what does this mean for Djiksteel, McNair and Fry? Lenihan will take one of the CB spots and a new LCB will take tone of the other spots?

Think he just wants more completion/rotation so may be a case of either fry & Lenihan and either Dijksteel or McNair for example. I agree I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try get two left sided CB to compete one experienced and one younger.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

So with the signing of Lenihan and Wilder making it clear he wants a LCB what does this mean for Djiksteel, McNair and Fry? Lenihan will take one of the CB spots and a new LCB will take tone of the other spots?

It  could mean one of them will  be sold? If it was up to me McNair would be my choice . When Paddy played rcb on Saturday he was okay but when Dijksteel played the second half in that role he was much better and linking up with Izzy. Obviously it was Bishop Auckland but I still think Anth looked more suited to the role

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

So with the signing of Lenihan and Wilder making it clear he wants a LCB what does this mean for Djiksteel, McNair and Fry? Lenihan will take one of the CB spots and a new LCB will take one of the other spots?

I wonder if we'll see one of them used in Howson's position as preseason continues? We had a couple of links with players in that position (Chalobah I think?) ages ago, but we haven't seen any for ages. It may be that we want to try one of McNair or Dijksteel there.

"Paddy McNair generally lined up as the left of the Teessiders’ three centre-halves last season, but the Northern Irishman is more naturally right-footed and is set to compete with Anfernee Dijksteel for the right-hand side centre-half spot next term"

Taken from the Echo article on the same topic, they seem convinced it's either Dijksteel or Paddy.

2 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

"Paddy McNair generally lined up as the left of the Teessiders’ three centre-halves last season, but the Northern Irishman is more naturally right-footed and is set to compete with Anfernee Dijksteel for the right-hand side centre-half spot next term"

Taken from the Echo article on the same topic, they seem convinced it's either Dijksteel or Paddy.

That's not from Wilder's mouth like the other section is though, that's just the Northern Echo writers opinion which is about as good as anyone's on here... with some notable exceptions 🤠

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?