oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Donnyboro said:

If we only got 15-20m for two young English full backs with the teams chasing them it’s been really bad business from the club

2 very much unproven full backs with only 1 real season under their belts.....I think £15-£20m would be very good business

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

2 very much unproven full backs with only 1 real season under their belts.....I think £15-£20m would be very good business

Thank god your not dealing with our transfers then mate 😂😂

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Thank god your not dealing with our transfers then mate 😂😂

I know, I dont think I could handle the pressure of trying to achieve the over inflated transfer fees that our fans expect for our players.

I know, I dont think I could handle the pressure of trying to achieve the over inflated transfer fees that our fans expect for our players.

Plenty of other teams have received fees for young English players in the region of £15m just have look you’ll find some 

Just now, Donnyboro said:

Plenty of other teams have received fees for young English players in the region of £15m just have look you’ll find some 

If you look through the archives I am pretty sure that you will find plenty of posts that support what ive said, especially if you look at the transfer fees banded around for our past 2 decent sales (Gibson & Traore).  Without looking I'm pretty certain that figures around the £30m mark were mentioned for each of them and the reality of it was that it was closer to that for both.  Its not until you are in a position that you dont need to sell players can you then demand what they are worth to the club and not their actual value!

2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

If you look through the archives I am pretty sure that you will find plenty of posts that support what ive said, especially if you look at the transfer fees banded around for our past 2 decent sales (Gibson & Traore).  Without looking I'm pretty certain that figures around the £30m mark were mentioned for each of them and the reality of it was that it was closer to that for both.  Its not until you are in a position that you dont need to sell players can you then demand what they are worth to the club and not their actual value!

One upside is that we haven’t spent the last year telling everyone we had no money. That helps when selling as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure we was never getting £30m for a player with a clause for £18m. It’s about sale and demand if you have arsenal, Tottenham etc chasing spence the fee is more likely going to be higher than if Burnley and Southampton are chasing them 

23 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Wasn't that figure supposed to have been turned down by Boro in January or at least rumoured to have been? A few of the Student types who claim to be football experts whilst studying for a degree in economics at an unheard of Uni in the Home Counties whilst supporting Milton Keynes or Barrow keep regurgitating it on lame football news websites.

I thought it was from a German journalist or something like that.  I don't think it was related to the January transfer window but I suppose it could have been.  I thought it was about this summer.  Can anyone else remember it?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought it was from a German journalist or something like that.  I don't think it was related to the January transfer window but I suppose it could have been.  I thought it was about this summer.  Can anyone else remember it?

I thought it was only Spurs who actually made any bids for Spence in Jan.

4 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Pretty sure we was never getting £30m for a player with a clause for £18m. It’s about sale and demand if you have arsenal, Tottenham etc chasing spence the fee is more likely going to be higher than if Burnley and Southampton are chasing them 

Quite right, although the claus for the £18m wasn't known about until the fee had been agreed....like I said look through the archives....I have just done a google search and there were a few of the major tabloids reporting a £30m bid in 2018 from Chelsea.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Rob said:

yeah I can see 15 mill maybe a little more if everyone bidding tries to out do each other for spence, been know he's been on alot of teams raydars for some time down

but jones, he has shown great potential and done well at times but this guy was on no ones raydar until this season when wilder started and your not going to get 15 million for a few months, i think clubs would bid around the 5 mill mark

I think clubs would be laughed at down the phone.

1 minute ago, Will said:

I think clubs would be laughed at down the phone.

they may well be but that dont mean any clubs are going to offer loads more, now if he had another solid season or 2 under his belt then you would probably be talking alot more more

Just now, Rob said:

they may well be but that dont mean any clubs are going to offer loads more, now if he had another solid season or 2 under his belt then you would probably be talking alot more more

If teams only come in with offers of £5m then he will be a Middlesbrough player next season. If you're talking about selling him I don't think we even pick up the phone for less than £15m.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?