oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought it was from a German journalist or something like that.  I don't think it was related to the January transfer window but I suppose it could have been.  I thought it was about this summer.  Can anyone else remember it?

Yes I remember it, quoted figure was 12-15m Euros.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Quite right, although the claus for the £18m wasn't known about until the fee had been agreed....like I said look through the archives....I have just done a google search and there were a few of the major tabloids reporting a £30m bid in 2018 from Chelsea.

Publicly. 

Also you've just stated that the reports came from major tabloids, so it wasn't our fans inflating his worth, was it?

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Laird may have been excellent for Swansea but his actual production wasn't -  3 assists 0 goals in 2,000 mins of football.  Wilson clearly had a good season, and he got 13 assists in 4,000 mins to show for it.  However, Jones got 9 in 3,000 mins of football at two levels above him.  If a sizeable bid comes in for Jones then I've no doubt we'll consider it but the grass isn't always greener, and this is real life not a game of Football Manager...

As I made clear, I don't want us to sell Jones. He's the player that I'm most against selling. Any replacement is going to be a downgrade; the only question is how much so. However, given Wilder's comments about surprise departures and with Scott now running things behind the scenes, we can't rule anything out. That's why I noted that if the money for Jones gets to a level that's too good to turn down, there are some good quality RWB's on the market available on a modest budget such as Laird and Wilson. 

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Publicly. 

Also you've just stated that the reports came from major tabloids, so it wasn't our fans inflating his worth, was it?

What came first, the chicken or the egg? 

What I have done is found an example to show that we were not the only ones to expect £30m for a player when he had a release clause of £18m.

If you are willing to put in the legwork and find some information to counter my claims that fans over inflate a players worth then please do so.  In the meantime stop arguing a point just for arguments sake.

3 minutes ago, p_mards said:

As I made clear, I don't want us to sell Jones. He's the player that I'm most against selling. Any replacement is going to be a downgrade; the only question is how much so. However, given Wilder's comments about surprise departures and with Scott now running things behind the scenes, we can't rule anything out. That's why I noted that if the money for Jones gets to a level that's too good to turn down, there are some good quality RWB's on the market available on a modest budget such as Laird and Wilson. 

I understand that mate, I'm just saying that they might not be as good as the one we currently have.  As far as I'm concerned we could sell every player, and it wouldn't bother me much at all, just as long as their replacements were as good if not better.  That's the tricky bit isn't it?

57 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Plenty of other teams have received fees for young English players in the region of £15m just have look you’ll find some 

in the championship as well? that takes your value down, and £15 mill tends to be the max you get for the best in the championship unless you have something very very special on your books

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

in the championship as well? that takes your value down, and £15 mill tends to be the max you get for the best in the championship unless you have something very very special on your books

Then why did Adam Webster go for 20m?

I think Boro would sell...

Spence for £15 million

Jones for £10 million

Tav for £10 million

McNair for £7 million

Fry for £7 million

I don't for a second think they will all be sold or that I agree with the values but I think if we got offers for those amounts we would sell.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Then why did Adam Webster go for 20m?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2

Think his point's fair by and large (assuming those fees are correct). Always going to be outliers when it comes to quality vs fee, some teams will be daft enough to get fleeced 15 mill for a Britt Assombalonga

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I think Boro would sell...

Spence for £15 million

Jones for £10 million

Tav for £10 million

McNair for £7 million

Fry for £7 million

I don't for a second think they will all be sold or that I agree with the values but I think if we got offers for those amounts we would sell.

I'd say all of that is about correct except Fry I'd say 15 also, homegrown, only 24, more experienced than all the above even at his age and playing his best football currently.

This is a link in January claiming Spence was valued at £15M as Boro knocked back Spurs

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/djed-spence-stay-middlesborough-reject-tottenham-advances

Then another one in March claiming £20M

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/transfer-gossip-tottenham-arsenal-learn-spence-price-barcelona-well-positioned-salah-chase

There's another one in teamtalk from three weeks ago claiming that Brentford were set to offer £15M so it appears that his value goes up and down like a fiddlers elbow. No doubt Boro will simply listen to offers and at the same time be aware of where Spence would and wouldn't want to go. I guess he may be happy to stay at Forest if they go up but then again if Bayern, Arsenal or Spurs come calling or even United he may be tempted by bright lights? If there are few to no bidders then I'd guess £12M to £15M, but if a few of the big boys start bidding then another five or ten million to them is peanuts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle quietly enter the fray as the Geordies like a flair player and they could certainly afford the gamble and blow the rest out of the water.

Jones is a player we should be trying to keep unless a seriously daft bid comes in for him, he will be hard to replace, very good going forward and getting better defensively.

out of the players that have decent market value in our squad obviously Spence going for anything between 10 to 20 million the other player to sell would be Tav, not that I want him to go, I like him as a player and still has loads of potential to improve, but he is the player I feel we can sort of afford to let go with players already in place, 3 in midfield being Crooks, Mcgree and Howson (if he signs) then Payero.

So sell Tav and Spence and generate 25 million  in sales and hopefully be able to use about 20 million in building the squad.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?