Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

We must be after two keepers.

I have to say, what we're being linked with is extremely underwhelming.

I know it ain't actual signings but they've been ***.

I agree, I know he’s probably destined for the premier league and his wages might be high. But hopefully wilder and the club speak to Sam Johnstone and sound him out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dwight Gayle deal collapsed as we have made surprise progress on 2 strikers and we pulled the plug.( both played uk last year ). Spence deal preventing finalising them both.  Could be another big exit

We’re close to signing Gayle, it’s almost done.

Expect us to get Gyokeres after Spence goes. Just been told it’s a large part of the fee going on him.    No idea on either fee though 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

No he wasn't. Just another random stick to beat Connolly with not based in truth. 

He came back from England and started the next 2 games. As did Connolly. After that, Connolly started one more game all season and balogun started one more game all season.

Both were kept out by sporar and watmore. If you're going to have a go, at least make it based in truth mate.

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Guffie said:

I agree, I know he’s probably destined for the premier league and his wages might be high. But hopefully wilder and the club speak to Sam Johnstone and sound him out. 

Hope so would be a quality addition, sure I heard spurs wanted him but apparently there getting Fraser Forster so might clear the path a little.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

This St Johnstone keeper must be an improvement on Lumley as he has played every game for years for them. So can't be a clown 

He has a good save percentage like.

Saying that, my nan would be an improvement on Lumley and she's dead. I reckon we might have a job shifting him to be honest. Who in their right mind would watch his blunder reel from this season and take a punt on him?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

This St Johnstone keeper must be an improvement on Lumley as he has played every game for years for them. So can't be a clown 

the main thing as i see it is that its low risk. He's available on a free, with over 260 league appearances and he's coming from st Johnstone, so his wage will most likely be pennies.

seems like a smart type of transfer id like to see the club making.
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, notjade said:

He has a good save percentage like.

Saying that, my nan would be an improvement on Lumley and she's dead. I reckon we might have a job shifting him to be honest. Who in their right mind would watch his blunder reel from this season and take a punt on him?

Give him away to Derby and reduce the compensation by a few 100k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tmcc said:

the main thing as i see it is that its low risk. He's available on a free, with over 260 league appearances and he's coming from st Johnstone, so his wage will most likely be pennies.

seems like a smart type of transfer id like to see the club making.
 

Backup GK fine. But not as a starter. I'm fed up of us trying to do the GK position on cheap or a loan.

Do it properly or don't bother.

You need a keeper that's here for years. A reliable one who's going to win you 8-10 extra points a season.

We've scrimped and saved in a position that's too important for years. A different keeper every season.

The amount of keepers we're going through is laughable and they'll all been rubbish.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Are you trying to say that Balogun was better? Because he wasn't. Both were not good enough, and Conolly certainly didn't make Balogun look like a better deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Foogle said:

I haven't seen him play for a while but if his levels are even close to what they used to be he'd be a great player to have at LWB in the Championship. We'd finally have someone who can put a decent set piece in as well. Obviously depends on the costs involved.

Paddy McNair has one of the best deliveries in the league. I'm constantly baffled as to why he doesn't take our set pieces.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Backup GK fine. But not as a starter. I'm fed up of us trying to do the GK position on cheap or a loan.

Do it properly or don't bother.

You need a keeper that's here for years. A reliable one who's going to win you 8-10 extra points a season.

We've scrimped and saved in a position that's too important for years. A different keeper every season.

The amount of keepers we're going through is laughable and they'll all been rubbish.

Yeah but recent additions have been crap before arriving (archer, Lumley, daniels). Anybody could see they were not going to solve any issues.
Daniels had spent most of his career at league 1 and had only played 17 games in his prior 4 seasons before arriving with us.
lumley had only had 1 full season with QPR before he fell out of favor  with them so i dont on what basis we thought he was a good choice.
Jordan archer was a keeper so poor he was deemed not good enough for millwall and moved to league 1 and scotland and failed to be a starting keeper at either move. So again, didnt take a genius to know he wasnt going to solve our keeping problem.

this guy Clark has been the main keeper for 6 seasons for a St Johnstone's side that been consistently finishing top half in the Scottish prem and helped them win two cups last season, and hes only 29, so in his keeping prime. And im not saying for him to be first choice, but i look at this potential signing in a much better light than i do any of our previous goalkeeper signings.


 

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Paddy McNair has one of the best deliveries in the league. I'm constantly baffled as to why he doesn't take our set pieces.

I'm hoping that if he moves into midfield they'll stick him on more set pieces. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing i can think of is that we lack a bit of height, so any height we do have is best utilised in the box. Seems a bit couter productive to me though, if the quality of the set piece isn't quite up to scratch anyway. I'm intrigued to see how he'll be used next season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Are you trying to say that Balogun was better? Because he wasn't. Both were not good enough, and Conolly certainly didn't make Balogun look like a better deal. 

Since you've asked yes I think Balogun was better. 

But that's comparing an absolutely terrible signing to a bad signing. Pretty sure the stats back that up too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The only thing i can think of is that we lack a bit of height, so any height we do have is best utilised in the box. Seems a bit couter productive to me though, if the quality of the set piece isn't quite up to scratch anyway. I'm intrigued to see how he'll be used next season.

I think that has to be the reason. He did score fron a corner at least once last season so I assume they want him in the box as an active threat. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...