oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 hours ago, cornishboroboy said:

I actually bumped into Cooper last Saturday. He was handing out trophies at a youth football tournament in Plymouth that I was coaching in. I did slyly and cheekily drop in that he should move to Boro when I was speaking to him and he grinned, let out a little laugh, and then shrugged his shoulders.

Claiming that as a Cornish exclusive...

Isn't Plymouth on the wrong side of the Tamar bridge and therefore in Devon?

Due to your inaccuracies in your geographical location I am afraid that I cannot believe anything else you say from here on in! 😂

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, LBP said:

I'm hoping there's truth in the Zander Clark link personally

Seems very well liked up there and looks solid and reliable from the little we've seen, be cheapest option as well you'd think 

Cheapest, as in not costing a transfer fee? Can’t see we will get him on cheap wages.  If hes as good as we hope he is, he will have other clubs similar to us interested. That, and the fact that he won’t cost a transfer fee, will let his agent push for a good signing on fee and high wages. If on one else is interested on the other hand, then maybe we shouldn’t be.

One thing that might help is where we are, with him coming from Scotland he might want to stay in Scotland or North of .England.

7 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Cheapest, as in not costing a transfer fee? Can’t see we will get him on cheap wages.  If hes as good as we hope he is, he will have other clubs similar to us interested. That, and the fact that he won’t cost a transfer fee, will let his agent push for a good signing on fee and high wages. If on one else is interested on the other hand, then maybe we shouldn’t be.

One thing that might help is where we are, with him coming from Scotland he might want to stay in Scotland or North of .England.

Are we even in for him ?

Palace close to signing Sam Johnstone. Would anyone consider Jack Butland? He has barely played for Palace but did become they no.1 towards end of the season. He 29.

I wouldn't say no to Butland.

He's at a point in his career where he has a choice. He could earn decent money on a Premier League bench (or in the stands), or he could earn less money and actually play football in the Championship. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Palace close to signing Sam Johnstone. Would anyone consider Jack Butland? He has barely played for Palace but did become they no.1 towards end of the season. He 29.

Yes to butland big improvement on what we have

10 minutes ago, LBP said:

Didn't he down tools at Stoke to get his prem move though? 

I don't think so.

He got dropped after having a really poor run of form and they sold him with less than a year left on his contract. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?