oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

This piroe at Swansea is good striker we should get him 

I reckon they would be after around 10mil maybe more. I'd probably want to see more than 1 season of him before we spent that sort of cash. Does look a good player like. 

Him and gyokeres would be a very interesting  partnership from what I've seen this season. If we get good money for spence and off Derby who knows.

12 hours ago, TheJew said:

If Forest go up surely Spence should stay there. £20m please and then Forest will see him for £50m after a season in the Prem.

I’m not sure Forest getting promoted is good for our chances of maximising the income from Spence.
If he does want to stay , I imagine Forest will put in a much lower bid than £20m, or even £15m and rely on Spence refusing to sign elsewhere. We can hold out, but if we need the funds to finance purchases ourselves, it would become a case of who blinks first - and I would think Forest would have upper hand there.

Anyway it  depends whether his head is turned by any offers from Champions League/ Europa League clubs such as Arsenal or Spurs - plus a return to London where he came from. He may also not want to commit to a long term contract at a club that might be fighting relegation and a return to the Championship.

24 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

I’m not sure Forest getting promoted is good for our chances of maximising the income from Spence.
If he does want to stay , I imagine Forest will put in a much lower bid than £20m, or even £15m and rely on Spence refusing to sign elsewhere. We can hold out, but if we need the funds to finance purchases ourselves, it would become a case of who blinks first - and I would think Forest would have upper hand there.

Anyway it  depends whether his head is turned by any offers from Champions League/ Europa League clubs such as Arsenal or Spurs - plus a return to London where he came from. He may also not want to commit to a long term contract at a club that might be fighting relegation and a return to the Championship.

Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong... But I think Spence's loyalty to Forest will evaporate pretty sharpish if a contract from Arsenal or Spurs is on the table. Their wages will blow Forest's out the water, plus promise of European football, boosting his profile for his England U21 career etc.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Top end Prem or relegation battle mmmmmm let me think

These are players I’d like (in an ideal world) to see us sign. Not all obviously just options for each, and I know all aren’t really realistic which is why I say in an ideal world.

GK- Johnstone(free) Henderson, Bazunu(loans) Bialkowski

LCB - Ben Davies (loan) Simpson, Mee(free)

CB (cover) - Goldson(free)

LWB - Toffollo(free) Lewis

RWB (cover) Nyambe, Clyne

CDM - Wanyama, Hourihane, Bielik 

CM ) - Wilshere, swift, powell

ST - Vydra, gyokeres, obafemi, Semenyo

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
16 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

These are players I’d like (in an ideal world) to see us sign. Not all obviously just options for each, and I know all aren’t really realistic which is why I say in an ideal world.

GK- Johnstone(free) Henderson, Bazunu(loans) Bialkowski

LCB - Ben Davies (loan) Simpson, Mee(free)

CB (cover) - Goldson(free)

LWB - Toffollo(free) Lewis

RWB (cover) Nyambe, Clyne

CDM - Wanyama, Hourihane, Bielik 

CM ) - Wilshere, swift, powell

ST - Vydra, gyokeres, obafemi, Semenyo

The problem we need to address is signing the likes of Gyökeres etc... Before they have been snapped up and developed . This is why we end up over paying because we never grab them early enough.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

The problem we need to address is signing the likes of Gyökeres etc... Before they have been snapped up and developed . This is why we end up over paying because we never grab them early enough.

True but I’d gladly pay say £5 mil for him… if we have that kind of £ is another matter

4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Yeah I think the days are gone where we can just buy up other Championship side's best players. The Swiss Ramble showed we're bang average for salary now too, so it's not like we can tempt players with massively increased wages. 

I'm hoping Scott has identified the next Gyokeres or Pukki... Of course there will be more misses than hits with those kinds of signings, but I'd love it if we unearthed a gem or two from abroad this Summer. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Yeah I think the days are gone where we can just buy up other Championship side's best players. The Swiss Ramble showed we're bang average for salary now too, so it's not like we can tempt players with massively increased wages. 

I'm hoping Scott has identified the next Gyokeres or Pukki... Of course there will be more misses than hits with those kinds of signings, but I'd love it if we unearthed a gem or two from abroad this Summer. 

Hope so. I was excited when he came in , but the Jan signings (bar McGree) haven’t given me much hope. Hopefully they were just cheap stop gaps til we can get in who we want in the summer. The fact that Wilder has mentioned the free agent market on a couple of occasions though makes me think we have little to play with.

2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong... But I think Spence's loyalty to Forest will evaporate pretty sharpish if a contract from Arsenal or Spurs is on the table. Their wages will blow Forest's out the water, plus promise of European football, boosting his profile for his England U21 career etc.

That’s certainly most likely outcome - and better for us financially.  I was simply pointing out that if TJ was right about Spence wanting to stay there it wouldn’t  result in a mega bid from Forest and could mean we got less. It would be less complicated if Forest didn’t get promoted and then there would be no issue over it.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Hope so. I was excited when he came in , but the Jan signings (bar McGree) haven’t given me much hope. Hopefully they were just cheap stop gaps til we can get in who we want in the summer. The fact that Wilder has mentioned the free agent market on a couple of occasions though makes me think we have little to play with.

Yeah it's tough in January... You can only really get out of form players on loan or pay through the nose. I'm hoping Summer will be decent. We're finally signing players to fit a specific playing style and system. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

. The fact that Wilder has mentioned the free agent market on a couple of occasions though makes me think we have little to play with.

Nothing like playing down expectation to try to make it seem we are really splashing the cash when we do pay a fee! In any event, even if we do make a couple of big fee signings, we will still need a number of freebies to provide squad cover.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?