oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Player plays well in 1 game against us and we sign them, where have I seen this before…

*cough* Lumley *cough* 

Wasnt it the same with Uche?

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Scott recommended Siliki and Warnock checked it out with a mate

87FC2485-2223-499F-9E45-4C923AFE55DA.thumb.png.144c2343c1b4a0e393183c7e280bd62c.png

Ah okay, wasn't aware of him recommending him. Maybe he was someone Norwich had looked at too.

Payero was a recommendation from Leo wasn't he? 

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Scott recommended Siliki and Warnock checked it out with a mate

87FC2485-2223-499F-9E45-4C923AFE55DA.thumb.png.144c2343c1b4a0e393183c7e280bd62c.png

Warnock saw how cack he was in training and blamed the signing on someone else. What's new?

Warnock is the typical “pass the buck” type manager. He will happily take credit for the good stuff but the bad stuff he responsible for, he will always shift the blame on or not mention.
Happy to mention Crooks as his signing but the bad ones that came were not his.

Happy to ignore the fact he knew last season from November onwards that Bettinelli was not good enough so despire knowing for a full season we needed a new no.1 the best he could do was bring us Lumley.

Both Uche and Payero havnt had enough game time to prove themselves fully. Both have been OK when played. Every time I've seen payero when started  he's played fairly well and contributed to the team. Uche was a real handful at times and got us some points early in the season with his performances I do agree that he's not up to the level needed to chase promotion tho but payero I think there's much more to come.

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

To be fair to Carlton Morris, 7 goals and 3 assists in 26 starts for a relegation fodder side isn't awful.

Not saying he'd excite me, but it's more than our strikers have done and I doubt he'd cost anywhere near as much in wages as they have.

It was awful, or at least not good enough, when Fletcher got 11 with 7 assists, and Assombalonga got 11 with 2 assists in our own relegation fodder side.  Fletcher played a lot more minutes in fairness, Assombalonga was only 500 or so more I think.  

This season we actually have two strikers who have a better record than Morris.  Sporar has 8 goals and 2 assists from almost the same number of minutes as Morris, Watmore has 7 goals and 3 assists from fewer minutes.  Interestingly, Watmore has half the number of shots of Morris and Sporar.

Morris has never scored more than 10 goals in a season, which he managed last season across League One and the Championship.  His record is 8 in the Scottish Premiership, 6 in League One, 5 in League One, 10 across League One/Championship, 7 in Championship.  I think if you're serious about signing him then you have to believe he's going to be some kind of late bloomer that will suddenly improve from what he's shown from most of his career.  According to a few Barnsley fans he's been their best player this season, which I suppose is something.  However, everything I've just written there is almost word for word what I wrote this time last year about Ikpeazu.

2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:
2 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Payero was a recommendation from Leo wasn't he? 

I believe that is what was reported at the time.  Did Leo also recommend de la Peña?

Which one was Juninho's recommendation then cos wasn't that a thing as well?  Was that the striker cos I thought it was Payero for some reason.

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Which one was Juninho's recommendation then cos wasn't that a thing as well?  Was that the striker cos I thought it was Payero for some reason.

"We asked Juninho for some South American player recommendations, he came back to us with Payero.

From what I can gather it's all done bar the medical and actually putting pen to paper."

This was the quote I remembered from last summer.  Please bear in mind that it was from D.Z. Mitty 🤨

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

"We asked Juninho for some South American player recommendations, he came back to us with Payero.

From what I can gather it's all done bar the medical and actually putting pen to paper."

This was the quote I remembered from last summer.  Please bear in mind that it was from D.Z. Mitty 🤨

And I got that straight from my brother, who we all know does genuinely get inside information.

• Wow 1
4 hours ago, notjade said:

Warnock saw how cack he was in training and blamed the signing on someone else. What's new?

That tweet was from September 10th, far too early to determine if JLS was cack or not. If Warnock did indeed decide back in early September that JLS was cack then he was seemingly correct.

At times there is an awful lot of rewriting history of here. Scott wasn't here but he was unofficially guiding from behind the scenes or if Player "A" is cack then Scott wasn't here and didn't start until September. Just hope he doesn't scout any duffers this summer otherwise there will be some very devastated fans on here. 

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?