oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

And I got that straight from my brother, who we all know does genuinely get inside information.

Not deny that but several papers reported it was Leo’s contacts

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/middlesbrough-finalise-signing-5m-argentine-midfielder

And there’s several mentions of it in the gazette which for some reason I can’t copy and paste.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

@Changing Times your outline and conern of Morris are spot on and one which I very much share.

The one thing that I draw some comfort from is Wilder when given time at Sheff Utd showed he can get the best out of limited players. Ipswich who were chpionship relegation fodder released McGoldrick and to everyone surprise Wilder signed him. In the same promotion squad he had Gary Madine I think along with Marvin Johnson etc.

He said something when unveiled as our boss along the lines of “I will not turn my nose up at a player of perceived less calibre if i feel he can do a hob for my team and I shown that ar Sheff Utd”

• Like 1

I am extremely concerned atm with Wilders track record at buying strikers and the way he asks his strikers to play. It's all good having them press high up and between the lines but if they are not scoring and the team isn't getting results then the fans start to get frustrated.

Every manager lands lucky with one striker but looking over his career,  he has struggled to find a consistent striker and there has also been some costly signings in there weather that be Oxford, Northampton or Sheff utd

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I am extremely concerned atm with Wilders track record at buying strikers and the way he asks his strikers to play. It's all good having them press high up and between the lines but if they are not scoring and the team isn't getting results then the fans start to get frustrated.

Every manager lands lucky with one striker but looking over his career,  he has struggled to find a consistent striker and there has also been some costly signings in there weather that be Oxford, Northampton or Sheff utd

Isn't that what Scott is here for

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

And I got that straight from my brother, who we all know does genuinely get inside information.

Juninho reccomended us Martinelli before he signed for Arsenal.

I'm sure there has been a papers picked up on that since it was leaked on here

Yeah exactly but i know Scott reccomended Sporar even though he wasnt officially working for us at the time. There was a few players in his presentation that he submitted ad part of interview process and then were given the approval by Norwich because they had went down a different scouting range strategy 

• Like 2

Difference between Uche and Morris is Morris looks far superior technically 

As a cheap 3rd choice I'd take him but wouldn't pay much 

Rhys Healey and Gyokeres are my clear 1st choices for the summer, how realistic who knows

1 minute ago, LBP said:

Rhys Healey and Gyokeres are my clear 1st choices for the summer, how realistic who knows

That's all the Spence money gone then 

51 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Changing Times your outline and conern of Morris are spot on and one which I very much share.

The one thing that I draw some comfort from is Wilder when given time at Sheff Utd showed he can get the best out of limited players. Ipswich who were chpionship relegation fodder released McGoldrick and to everyone surprise Wilder signed him. In the same promotion squad he had Gary Madine I think along with Marvin Johnson etc.

He said something when unveiled as our boss along the lines of “I will not turn my nose up at a player of perceived less calibre if i feel he can do a hob for my team and I shown that ar Sheff Utd”

I suppose I would say a couple of things in response to that. The first would be that we haven’t got the best out of the strikers currently here so I’m not sure what Wilder has actually shown so far at least in that regard. He had Billy Sharp scoring a lot of goals, which is something he’d done before Wilder.  We can say that Wilder got plenty out of him but he didn’t turn a non scoring striker into a goal machine. Similarly, McGoldrick had actually hit double figures in a few seasons before he joined Sheffield Utd so it’s not like Wilder got something out of him that he’d never done before either. With someone like Morris, Wilder would need to get more out of him than Morris has managed anywhere else.  For what it’s worth I’d rather Morris than Ikpeazu. 

36 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah exactly but i know Scott reccomended Sporar even though he wasnt officially working for us at the time. There was a few players in his presentation that he submitted ad part of interview process and then were given the approval by Norwich because they had went down a different scouting range strategy 

Trying to sign good players instead?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Juninho reccomended us Martinelli before he signed for Arsenal.

I'm sure there has been a papers picked up on that since it was leaked on here

Not sure how reliable the site is look a bit dodgy 

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/boro-news/middlesbrough-transfer-rumour-arsenal-enter-race-for-boro-and-leeds-united-target-15319

i know he trained with Man Utd the season before he signed for Arsenal.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, LBP said:

Problem is we only ever seem to sign 3rd choices, we have a squad full of em

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

To be fair to him, the strikers he brought in at Northampton, all did a decent job and got goals. Marc Richards being the standout (Permanent) with two seasons being a 1 in 2 striker whilst Wilder was there and when he was fit. His loan signings actually made an impact too (standouts being); James Collins with 8 in 21 and John Marquis with 6 in 15. 

Don't get me wrong we aren't talking 20+ goals per season strikers. But at League Two level it really is a lottery with strikers in terms of consistency (I know we think the Championship is bad). 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?