oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

23 minutes ago, Guffie said:

This could just be me. But lately I think djiksteel has not only been better than McNair in my opinion. But overall our best player of late, him and tav (barring the Swansea game). Maybe McNair moves into howsons position? 

I hadn't really considered that to be honest, I'm a big Dijksteel fan but feel like McNair is a little wasted on the left as his driving runs and crossing from deep positions on the right is so good. I do think we need a new sitting Midfielder and to have Howson as a rotation piece and that would solve that issue. McNair is our most talented player in my opinion so I'd love to have him in a role that suits him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Mcnair hasn't played in midfield under wilder has he? Considering the jump in performances of howson since he came in, I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd do there.

9 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I hadn't really considered that to be honest, I'm a big Dijksteel fan but feel like McNair is a little wasted on the left as his driving runs and crossing from deep positions on the right is so good. I do think we need a new sitting Midfielder and to have Howson as a rotation piece and that would solve that issue. McNair is our most talented player in my opinion so I'd love to have him in a role that suits him.

Yeah he’s massively wasted playing there for me. But he still does a brilliant job, I’d love to see him central under wilder. Moving into Howson position pre season could be a thing. But we definitely need a centre mid and left sided centre back.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Mcnair hasn't played in midfield under wilder has he? Considering the jump in performances of howson since he came in, I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd do there.

I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but I have a vague recollection that he has played like, once in midfield for him? I couldn't tell you what game, when it was or what happened, but I'm pretty convinced it happened...

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but I have a vague recollection that he has played like, once in midfield for him? I couldn't tell you what game, when it was or what happened, but I'm pretty convinced it happened...

Blackpool away when Howson was injured.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Blackpool away.

Yes it was Blackpool away, Howson was out and he played really well there from recollection.

I think Dijsksteel and McNair will be competing for RCB and Wilder may well have Dijksteel in the RWB competition for places too.  Jones has been superb this season but has had a recent drop off in form since illness and there's always the second season syndrome where people work out how to play against you.  Hopefully if we get the a LWB in that provides more attacking threat we will be less one sided and teams wont be able to double up on Jones and he will end up with more space 

20220504_111805.thumb.jpg.5abc4b7c69011e0e3aadb17d3d540a38.jpg

It shows how little we've seen him that I was genuinely in the process of typing out a question asking who the guy in front of Dijksteel is.

Briefly thought we'd brought in somebody.

But I think it's just Lea Siliki without his dreadlocks.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It shows how little we've seen him that I was genuinely in the process of typing out a question asking who the guy in front of Dijksteel is.

Yeah it throws me everytime when he's warming up. Looks completely different without the dreads

9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Literally just watched the whole video going who tf is that guy, thought maybe it's JLS but wasn't sure until I heard someone call him James.

The video they've put out is just to prove our strikers can, in fact, score goals in training haha.

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just a quick question are there many Germans playing in the championship?

I can’t think of any off the top of my head

4 according to transfermarkt.

Patrick Bauer - CB at Preston (34 apps)
Reda Khadra - Second striker at Blackburn (27 apps)
Steven Benda - GK at Peterborough (14 apps)
Festus Arthur - CB at Hull (0 apps)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just a quick question are there many Germans playing in the championship?

I can’t think of any off the top of my head

although don't forget, scouting the Bundesliga doesn't necessarily mean the player will be German!

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

although don't forget, scouting the Bundesliga doesn't necessarily mean the player will be German!

Aye Hannes Wolf as an example. Austrian

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?