oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

30 minutes ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

I posted this on the Hull thread, but it makes more sense here:

Something else to consider...In the past, teams have loaned players to us, and we responded by putting them on the bench. The consensus among neutrals is that CW is a great manager to develop young players (same with Cooper at Forest). Arsenal see Balogun as a future starter (I think), but he has a lot of developing to do. He could certainly do with at least one more season in the Championship, and I think we would be in prime position to have him again whether we are in the Championship or the Premier League.

Just a thought...I have no inside info etc.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we got him for a full season. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

I posted this on the Hull thread, but it makes more sense here:

Something else to consider...In the past, teams have loaned players to us, and we responded by putting them on the bench. The consensus among neutrals is that CW is a great manager to develop young players (same with Cooper at Forest). Arsenal see Balogun as a future starter (I think), but he has a lot of developing to do. He could certainly do with at least one more season in the Championship, and I think we would be in prime position to have him again whether we are in the Championship or the Premier League.

Just a thought...I have no inside info etc.

Nothing against Balogun, and he may develop into a top player. I assume Arsenal would want his wages paid in full, though - maybe plus a loan fee for a full season.  It seems an awfully large spend for someone who hasn’t yet proved his worth to us. Maybe better value for Premier League loans out there?

20 hours ago, edinboro said:

Does anyone think Bola could be the LCB we need? He played there under Warnock and did pretty well. I would play him there now if Fry is injured.

Definitely not, he isn't tall enough or physically robust enough. 

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Boyd-Munce isn't really a first-team player and was never meant to be when he was brought in, if he comes good then great, if not, it's not a big problem. McGree and Payero have both had sparks to them but have had a stop-start career here so far already. Full pre-season with Wilder under their belts and hopefully we'll get more out of them, still plenty of time yet anyway.

As for the likes of Sporar, Connolly, Balogun, JLS... at the very least, we won't be stuck with them next season if we don't want them and that in and of itself is a big improvement on signing players on long-term contracts who we don't want after 6-12 months. Hell, even Bamba, Peltier and Taylor will only be here as long as we want them to be after this season, Lumley and Daniels only have an extra year on that and both signed on a free so we should at least be able to shift the keepers without worrying too much about a fee.

That sounds like our recruitment is crap but at least it's only crap for a shorter time period contractually. I guess that's an improvement of sorts, albeit not what we were hoping for. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That sounds like our recruitment is crap but at least it's only crap for a shorter time period contractually. I guess that's an improvement of sorts, albeit not what we were hoping for. 

I wouldn't say it was good by any means but the glass half-full look at it would say that is less damaging than it has been for a while. It feels like every manager has had problems with prior decisions on where money is spent and plenty of them, the fact Wilder is seemingly going to have less issues on that front is partly down to the way we recruited at the start of this season.

Technically Scott has only been in the building since the end of the summer transfer window, too. I'd be surprised if he had no influence at all in that window but the club was still having to pander a bit to Warnock during that time too.

And to be fair to Scott, from what he told us, he was not expecting to be able to move on and find a new manager as soon as he did so I bet he was only starting to become truly aware of what he might need when Wilder came in. Again, given the short time the manager and the DoF have had together, they've not ended up in too bad a position when looking at preseason coming up.

I get the scepticism, I'm not gonna tell everyone to get ready for a recruitment masterclass in the summer because I'm like every Boro fan who has been burned by our horrific recruitment. I'll believe it's better when I see it.

Only time will tell if we are truly turning a corner but I'd like to think we aren't going to throw him under the bus because of the 1-2 windows he's been involved in. Fella needs time and a bit of patience, we've got to try and give him it or risk Gibson and Bausor thinking they're better off doing it themselves again.

• Like 3

I dont think we need two keepers in summer as one of Lumley or Daniels as back up are fine. We need a proper undisputed no.1.

For all the clamour for Brynn. I think what he needs is a season loan at top end League 1 level as a no.1.

Our fans are only asking for Brynn because we are sick of Lumley. Brynn has not actually been tested at any level beyond division 1 in Scotland 

• Like 2

I do think there will be a bit of a change this summer.

So I made a free XI Versus a Paid/Loan XI with subs

Freebies XI

GK- Sam Johnstone –West Brom  

LWB- Harry Toffolo - Huddersfield 

RWB- James Bree – Luton 

CB- Conor Goldson - Rangers 

CB- Alfie Mawson - Fulham 

CB-Kristian Pederson - Birmingham 

CM- Joe Ralls - Cardiff 

CM- Joe Rothwell - Blackburn 

CM- John Swift - Reading 

CF- Matej Vydra - Burnley 

CF- Josh Koroma - Huddersfield 

Sub1 – Tom Lawrence – Derby 

Sub2 – Jed Wallace – Millwall 

Sub3 – Matty Longstaff – Newcastle 

Sub4 – Reece Burke – Luton 

Sub5 – Tom Lockyer – Luton 

Sub6 – Jonjo Kenny – Everton 

Sub7 – (gk) Loris Karius – Liverpool 

Sub8 – Ben Osborn – sheff utd 

All free's are from Transfermarkt

Cost/Loan XI

Gk – Gavin Bazunu – Man City 

LWB – Jamal Lewis – Newcastle 

RWB – Kane Wilson – Forest Green 

CB – Ben Cabango – Swansea 

CB – Ben Gibson – Norwich 

CB – Jacob Greaves – Hull 

CM – Alex Scott = Bristol City 

CM – Krystian Bielik - Derby 

CM – John Lundstram – Rangers 

CF – Flo Balogun - Arsenal 

CF – Victor Gyokeres - Coventry 

Sub1 – (gk) Toby Savin – Accrington  

Sub2 – Callum Styles – Barnsley 

Sub3 – Joel Piroe – Swansea 

Sub4 – Elijah Adebayo – Luton 

Sub5 – Harry Souttar – Stoke 

Sub6 - Jack Rudoni – Wimbledon 

Sub7 – Keane lewis-Porter – Hull 

Sub8 – Antoine Semenyo – Bristol City 

• Like 1

@Right footed Left winger. Good effort but some of them are ambitious mate. Haha.

Sam Johnstone is off to the PL.

Ben Gibson? He been a regular for Norwich in PL so not sure how he would end up here. He will be a big part of any promotion push for Norwich.

I think Swans can command a big fee for Cabango and Piroe but we might be successful with a bid for Gyokores for around £3-4m

Pedersen, despite struggling v us could be a smart option as a back up left footed CB and LWB. 

I am sure I read Adebeyo was out of contract in summer?

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bazunu on loan would be incredible but sadly I think there'll be PL teams already interested in him.

Would be an interesting signing. Only seen him once or twice and he seems good with his feet. I read an article back in January on teams chasing him but he also said he doesn’t want to be back up anywhere.

offering first team football and a dressing room full of country men could sway him.

@TLF10Cheers fella,

Agree with some, not a fan of  Johnstone personally, would prefer Bazunu on Loan.

Gibson, well be nice to bring him back, IF we go up.

Adebeyo, Read the same, but Transfermarkt has him tied up to 2024.

From the free list Toffolo and Pederson would really strengthen the left hand side of defence. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?