oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Search for Donkey and see what comes up.. 

Ok when I did on my phone it came up with 🐴 .. but no results on here.. 

I think it must be different depending on the browsers you use, coz I got this

p49207.png

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

If he can translate that form to the champ then he will be brilliant. Not sure id be risking £4m to find out though i'd agree

These big league one signings don't work out often but every now and then you get someone like Ivan Toney who looks a Prem player through and through.

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

COMPLICATING THINGS’: SKY JOURNALIST SAYS SPURS ARE £5M SHORT OF ‘STRONG’ PLAYER’S VALUATION

Charles Jones

3 hours ago

Speaking on the Last Word on Spurs YouTube channel, Sky Sports journalist, Lyall Thomas, has been discussing Tottenham and their interest in Djed Spence.

The north London outfit have been linked with the Middlesbrough defender for quite some time now, and according to Thomas, negotiations have begun between the two clubs.

Initial conversations have been had between Spurs and Boro, and according to Thomas, Tottenham are just £5m short of the Teessiders’ valuation.

Thomas shared what he knows about Spence and Spurs.

“That conversation, from Spurs’ point of view, was ‘this is where we value Spence, what is your valuation?’ Tottenham’s valuation was around £10m with a little bit of add-ons, while Middlesbrough’s was around £15m with extras. How many extras remains to be seen and that is another aspect that is potentially complicating things. £15m seems like a fair initial fee, but it’s about how much Middlesbrough want in extras,” Thomas said.

Photo by Jon Hobley/MI News/NurPhoto via Getty Images

GET IT DONE

If Tottenham just need to cough up a further £5m to land Spence, they need to just stump up the cash.

Yes, as Thomas says, add-ons are also an issue, but it’s very rare that you get a deal that has a ridiculous number of add-ons that would put the buying party off.

The ‘strong’ wing-back has been a Tottenham target for some time, and as a young, homegrown option, he may well be worth more than £15m in just a few months’ time.

Tottenham should press ahead with this deal.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/24/complicating-things-sky-journalist-says-spurs-are-5m-short-of-strong-players-valuation/

I personally would be wanting more money up front than worrying about add ons because I genuinely believe he will flop and struggle to hit any potential add on targets at Spurs..

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If you see it from Spurs view it's obviously comlicating things that we didn't just accept their lowball offer. I'd say SPurs are the ones comlicating things as it's hardly a secret that the fee will have to be somewhere in the region on 15+. It's just negotiations.

definitely and also is it even true lol. I think most reports if there is no agenda is some journo who already started the story having to meet quota's of articles for his job and easy to make up spence updates that are probably true enough that people will click on them and be like ok sounds right enough to me lol

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

I think it must be different depending on the browsers you use, coz I got this

p49207.png

thats a bit harsh (on donkeys)

I always laugh when go into home bargains and they have this stand at the doors

image.png.269f7ee2cdf84f413458ea2c85cbb557.png

always makes me chuckle thinking oh thats where he ended up after us

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So to cut down time in catching up on this thread I searched the most comment words used in the last 10 pages

To that end I can only assume we’re signing 3 players called Juninho and a donkey 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 4
Just now, Uwe said:

So to cut down time in catching up on this thread I searched the most comment words used in the last 10 pages

To that end I can only assume we’re signing 3 players called Juninho and a donkey 🤷‍♂️

No...the Donkey is called Juninho.

I think.

Just now, Uwe said:

its traditional that we always sign at least one donkey per window

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?