oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

If you throw enough crap eventually some of it will stick!

What crap have I thrown exactly? Just a rumour based on what a journalist down there said back in January that we had talks about signing him.

2 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

I wonder if there is any chance that Fisher will be kept around as backup for Jones, can't really remember if he was any good or not mind you. 

He doesn't need to be good, he just needs to run through brick walls.  However, it's possible that if he tries this then he will end up injured again so he has a bit of a dilemma regarding how to prove himself to Wilder.

• Haha 3

Regarding the GK coach. Darren Ward was Wilders GK coach at Sheff Utd and Dean Henderson was very complimentary about the role Ward played in his development.

Think Ward is currently unattached so he could be coming in.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Guffie said:

I don’t mind McNair trying to play the Howson role. The only issue i I have (could be just me) I think he tends to be indecisive at times. Holds on the ball abit too long and then tries to dribble it past the player last second and gets tackled. He will have to speed his thought process up for me if he was to fill in that role. But we certainly need a left footed centre back.

Yeah I do think he is a bit guilty of that too.

But I'd like us to focus on bringing in 4 or 5 high quality players with our budget than getting 7-9 decent players (or whatever) with that same budget, as I dont think we need much of a tweak to be a really high end team. 

I think McNair in that role could be a decent fit and more cost effective because if we get this left footed CB, suddenly McNair (or maybe Dijksteel) isn't a starter for us and that seems bit of a waste of money and existing talent. 

• Like 1

I would have been tempted to offer Sol a new contract to play for the under 23’s contract. They are allowed 3 overage players and I think his experience and presence in the dressing room would have been good for the young lads.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

I wonder if there is any chance that Fisher will be kept around as backup for Jones, can't really remember if he was any good or not mind you. 

He looked okay before he got injured but is very much a full back rather than a wing back. I'd be surprised if he plays for Boro again, personally. Never really managed a full season of football at 28 is worrying too.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

its time to be ruthless with a few outgoings, a good half dozen are simply not good enough and maybe 3 or 4 more may go to add to funds. i think we need to address all departments with keepers and attackers being the prioity. im sure we can retain a half decent small group of midfielders to maybe top up with one key addition. as said, theres a dearth of squad/subs bench quality. we dont need a firesale as such but if we make 4 0r 5 key signings, a couple of good loans and weed out around 6 of our poorer players and sell one or two players that can fetch a few million  we,d be in good shape. 

so.....name names i sense you thinking. 

gk.....id keep lumley but not daniels the youngsters are worth keeping in the background.. 

defence....fry keep, dijksteel,keep,  taylor and peltier release, bamba out to graze , bola , undecided and fisher keep with reluctance but needs to prove he can keep fit. mcnair , id only consider keeping as a defender, not midfield. if that proves difficult id cash in.

midfield...... JLS, didnt need him and dont need him, howson same bracket as bola,i can sway opinion, crooks, worth keeping for his goals, tav, id love to keep him but i genuinely believe he will go, boyd-munce, squd filler, payero, at least lets see what he can be , mcgree keep, jones keep, hes more of a asset than spence taking all aspects into account.

ameobi, why, just dead money. 

attack...keep watmore,coburn,, ditch the rest.

Lumley, good god !

Hope Cailon Muntz is given a chance , he looks to have a lot of the right qualities to make it , forget these kids from premiership youth teams, only the exceptional ones help ,there's not many of them.

Look for Lindo , Dodds , Collins , maybe ,Kavanah , coming through if given a chance .

10 minutes ago, Teemo said:

"Bamba Peltier Taylor bola Nathan wood daniels lumley payero Coulson hall told can leave 

And uche akpom dejan and Spence as well"

Source? 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?