oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

13 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I think it could potentially make sense for a short term loan deal given that the Argentinian league is still going on and he was just coming back to fitness. Rather than have 6 or so weeks off having not being able to play for months prior. There's also the world cup mid season so he would be able to get his break there prior to the season resuming after the world cup.

sure he just going home for a bit. not gonna offload much wages to that country, he be more likely to get loan in Europe from clubs previously interested in him if they just wanting his wages off the books. If we want him to play we going to have our own pre-season he would odds on be involved in, or if going out be involved in their pre-season instead

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Wouldn't touch Iversen with a barge pole. He's terrible

I don't think you even have a bargepole to touch anyone with

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Im touchy because I rate him. Will be delighted if he signs and proves you wrong which I have no doubt he would. I can you show video evidence of him being excellent if you want too but you could do that about any footballer on the planet for good work and mistakes so pointless. He’s a good keeper, bring him in.

Then you are not a very good judge of what makes a good keeper I’d wager, he frequently caused mayhem for their (albeit average) defenders on crosses, poor decision making. He is a decent shot stopper, but there is far more to being a good goalie in Wilders system than shot stopping. We need a reliable keeper who commands his area and offers confidence to defenders, like Schwarzer and Randolph once did. Darlow is very much from the Brad Jones school of keeping, capable of making spectacular saves but with several rushes of blood to the head. Feel free to quote me back if he proves me wrong over a season, I’d prefer Iversen myself of the 2 mentioned.

21 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Every keeper has mad a mistake. Don’t use YouTube as your go too

yeah youtube hihglights are not good for assessing transfers, thats how bought akpom lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

I do. Specifically to ward off average players

last time you used it you pushed a striker all the way to pally park

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Karl Darlow is a really bad goalkeeper guys, seriously

We should be moving heaven and earth to bring in Gavin Bazuna on loan.

I don't think he's that bad, but i think we need better for sure. Baxter at Hull isn't bad and Lutons keeper Shea too

Perhaps, given that we're looking like wanting to move both keepers out, Darlow is seen as someone to challenge somebody else for the role?

We all know how well that battle worked for us this season! 😅

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Karl Darlow is a really bad goalkeeper guys, seriously

We should be moving heaven and earth to bring in Gavin Bazuna on loan.

Yes, forgot about him, he has had rave reviews from Portsmouth to be fair and looks a good prospect, although he does lack experience, but then again so did Schwarzer when we signed him. Totally agree with you on Darlow.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Perhaps, given that we're looking like wanting to move both keepers out, Darlow is seen as someone to challenge somebody else for the role?

We all know how well that battle worked for us this season! 😅

I'd be surprised if Darlow moved on to seek first team football at a place where he was also being brought in as competition.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd be surprised if Darlow moved on to seek first team football at a place where he was also being brought in as competition.

Oh absolutely agree, doesn't mean we wouldn't want to try and bring him in for that reason, though.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Replacing an indecisive flappy keeper who makes too many mistakes with Karl Darlow would be a very strange approach imo. Darlow is better than Lumley but still has the same sort of issues attached to his goalkeeping.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Boyd-Munce is only 22, 21 when we signed him.

Olusanya is 24, 23 when we signed him.

Boyd-Munce is still eligible to play for the U23s for another 2 seasons without restrictions.

Olusanya can only play for them as an overage player.

Olusanya was signed for a packet of Pringles as a squad filler. Boyd- Munce had played 7 games for the Blues,

He played against Mansfield, Appeared on the bench a few times & disappeared, Obviously not up to the grade.

Another cracking signing to add to the list. Hopefully lessons have been learned & we see significant improvement in the weeks & months ahead. Maybe even a few bargains like Crooks, Watmore, Bamba & Peltier.

5 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Olusanya was signed for a packet of Pringles as a squad filler. Boyd- Munce had played 7 games for the Blues,

He played against Mansfield, Appeared on the bench a few times & disappeared, Obviously not up to the grade.

Another cracking signing to add to the list. Hopefully lessons have been learned & we see significant improvement in the weeks & months ahead. Maybe even a few bargains like Crooks, Watmore, Bamba & Peltier.

It's irrelevant what he cost.

We signed Olusanya when he was already ineligible for the U23s, except as an overage player.

We signed Boyd-Munce whilst he still had 2 and a half seasons of eligibility for the U23s.

Olusanya was signed as a punt for the first team, and nothing else.

It was a failed punt too.

Boyd-Munce was signed as one for the future, as stated by Wilder at the time of signing.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?