oneBoro Forum

Keeper for the run in/playoffs

Goalkeeper for the run in?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. A quick poll who would you guys pick as our Keeper for the run in /playoffs?

• Lumley
    • Daniels
    • Bryn

3 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Does anybody think there's a chance Hemming will be one of the keepers next season?  Possibly as our no 2, James as third keeper and Brynn back out on loan again?  He's doing really well at Kilmarnock apparently.

Can’t see the point in bringing him back as no. 2 keeper. We’ve got Daniels and Lumby both on contract next year so will have to pay both off, if we bring Hemings back. 
anyway at his age Hemings would be far better off playing first team football somewhere. If Killie get promoted I would ask them whether they would give him a chance as number 1 there in Scottish Premiership. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I though Daniels seemed decent in the warmup shooting practice on Saturday seemed to save almost every shot. I know it was all our rubbish strikers shooting at him but still. 

Looks like 17.02% of us were right! Good performance by Daniels today and a clean sheet too 🙂

Better the devil you know, for me.

It really is exasperating. Why two experienced managers thought he is anything but a complete liability is criminal. 

Even a point would have been valuable against Hull. Our fate could easily come down to one point or goal difference. 

Putting Brynn in right now could absolutely destroy his confidence, it's a lot of pressure to put on a keeper who is arguably still very inexperienced.

Daniels is crap, plus I think he's even worse at playing sweeper keeper than Lumley, hence the reason he hasn't had a look in under Wilder.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Putting Brynn in right now could absolutely destroy his confidence, it's a lot of pressure to put on a keeper who is arguably still very inexperienced.

Daniels is crap, plus I think he's even worse at playing sweeper keeper than Lumley, hence the reason he hasn't had a look in under Wilder.

We put Pears in @ age 21, but I dont recall the same level of concern because he was his fathers son! 

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Aye and look where Aynsley Pears is now

Indeed!

My brother in law coached him @ cricket when he was growing up and he said he wasnt a particularly good wicket keeper either, maybe ball games just aint his forte!

Daniels was clueless when it came to wilder ball when he played in the early part of his regime. Lumley knows what he's doing, he's just bad at executing it. I'd rather we have someone in who understands how wilder wants us to play but isn't great than someone who has no idea. 

Brynn is a total unknown quantity so I won't be calling for him unless wilder, knill and Leo want him in. Those men know how to judge a keeper together, I'm sure of it. 

• Like 1

Keep lumley in for the rest of the seqson unless we drift out of the play off picture and can't matematically get in. Then I'd play Brynn for the remaining games to get a good look at him. 

Then hopefully we're in for a new keeper in summer

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

We put Pears in @ age 21, but I dont recall the same level of concern because he was his fathers son! 

I think you will find that Brynn is his father’s son too 😂

• Haha 1

Just considering all these comments about Lumley and the other keepers are we entitled to ask if our goalkeeper coach is doing his job properly.  Lumley's main issue to me is his decision making.  Surely a coach can improve that?

17 hours ago, JonnyMFC said:

And it didn't do him any good.  I was in favour of having Stojanovic as first choice rather than throwing Pears straight into the Wolf's den.  Yes, young keepers occasionally rise to the challenge when thrown in and end up doing well, but more can't maintain fans expectations and end up losing confidence and seem to go backwards instead of progressing. 

Edit: We were also (or so we thought) a stable mid-table team at the point where Pears came in.  That, in my view, is the best time to bed in a new, young keeper - not in the most pressurised point of a promotion attempt or a relegation scrap. 

Edited by White Band