oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth V Boro 0-0

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today.

I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON!

Looking On Fire GIF

THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GAME WINNING RUN, WHICH WILL SEE THEM STORM INTO THE PLAY OFFS AND CLINCH PROMOTION AT WEMBLEY. LET’S GOOOOOOOO.

gaizka mendieta football GIF by Star Sixes

Much has been made of Bournemouth’s tricky looking run-in already, but it really does look brutal. They will surely be desperate to get points on the board on Friday to take the pressure off some of their later fixtures. I’m sure we’re also desperate to get something from this one after an insipid performance last weekend. Could be a very tense affair!

Questions to consider:

What changes would you make from the team that went out against Hull?

Do you think we will make the play offs?

Who do you think will get the second automatic promotion spot?

You’re planning a stag do for your best mate and have the opportunity to bring one Boro player (past or present) along with you. Who do you take and why?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

What changes would you make from the team that went out against Hull?

Seems like Fry will probably miss out so Bamba in for him. Jones in for McGree or Crooks. I really want Crooks to be available for the Huddersfield game and I'm very scared he's gonna get his last yellow card ASAP. Then we might as well rotate the strikers again.

Not right now. I think we need to try and win on Friday now to get back to a position where I'd feel confident.

Bournemouth for sure, right now.

You’re planning a stag do for your best mate and have the opportunity to bring one Boro player (past or present) along with you. Who do you take and why?

O Captain, My Captain, Gareth Southgate. Every pub we leave, we'd get him to do the fist pump cheer round every corner of it. Or George Friend and he'd run into every pub like he ran towards Red Faction, Supermanning.

I’d bring in Jones if fit…if not I’d go to 4 at the back and play wingers😬😬

I’ve said we’ll finish 7th since the beginning of the season and I l’ve seen nothing to change my mind  

Bournemouth 

You’re planning a stag do for your best mate and have the opportunity to bring one Boro player (past or present) along with you. Who do you take and why?

Ray Hankin…He’d drink us all under the table. 

Lumley

Dijk Fry Paddy

Jones Crooks Howson Tav Bola

Coburn Flo

2. Yes I do. Finishing 5th and playing Huddersfield. Forest to play Sheff Utd in other tie.

3. bournemouth

4. Sexy French Franck. You know he could still pull fit women and you can just take the slightly uglier friend (who is probably still fitter than you). Happy days.

1. What changes would you make from the team that went out against Hull?

Jones in, Crooks out. Tavernier moved back on to the midfield.

Probably have to drop Connolly too after that performance on Saturday, so I'd go for Watmore and Balogun up top.

2. Do you think we will make the play offs?

Currently I'm not hopeful, if we win on Friday then I might start to believe again but I think that Hull defeat has really knocked our challenge off course.

3. Who do you think will get the second automatic promotion spot?

Bournemouth if they beat us, Forest if they don't.

4. You’re planning a stag do for your best mate and have the opportunity to bring one Boro player (past or present) along with you. Who do you take and why?

I have not got a clue on this one, so I'm going to pass.

I saw Fry earlier at Petrol station. He was walking totally fine. Albeit I guess given He has a groin injury, him walking fine does not necessarily mean he fit to play

Start Coburn and Brynn, because quite frankly, it's do or die now. I think everyone has lost faith in Lumley, and Connolly simply hasn't done it for us despite numerous opportunities. We need some physicality up front instead of playing two small guys up top, and only Coburn really offers that.

If we win this game. If not, I think it's over for us this season.

I think Forest might just slip in on the last day. And I hope they do because I'd much rather see them go up than Bournemouth.

You’re planning a stag do for your best mate and have the opportunity to bring one Boro player (past or present) along with you. Who do you take and why?

I bet Paul Merson has some incredible stories to tell, and I reckon he'd love being centre stage as the pints sank around him.

11 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

You’re planning a stag do for your best mate and have the opportunity to bring one Boro player (past or present) along with you. Who do you take and why?

I bet Paul Merson has some incredible stories to tell, and I reckon he'd love being centre stage as the pints sank around him.

If you listen to Quickly Kevin he talks about how we paid his brother 400 a week to keep him company at the Boro and that he, his brother, Gazza and Gazzas mate often did a game where they took sleeping pills with booze and the last one to fall asleep won the money. 

• Like 1

What changes would you make from the team that went out against Hull?

Bamba obviously for Fry as he's injured that's the easy one, Jones for Crooks as think he's went off boil recently, Brynn for Lumley which should have happened ages ago and start Watmore and Coburn upfront.

Only if we learn from playing Lumley and stop playing connelly and balogun as a pair upfront as them two together are inept plus get Jones back.

Bournemouth

Has to be George Boateng

Another afternoon of frustration for the Boro, really do not see us wining here given our track record at their place.

Will be watching the team and how much desire they put into it and how much they want it.

A loss will only make top 6 finish much harder and will also allow others to put even more pressure upon Boro should they win their games

Other fixtures of note are as follows:

Luton V Forest

WBA V Blackpool

Swansea V Barnsley

Brum V Coventry

Sheff Utd V Reading

PNE V Millwall

Stoke V Bristol City

P'boro V Blackburn

Hudersfield V QPR

Derby V Fulham

This can not be one of those if only games we simply need to win

Close to the playoffs but current mentality and form im not hopeful of making them at all. Can't see a win here either unfortunately. Already got an eye on next season in this league anyway. Much better than the prem

• Thanks 1

LUMLEY

DIJK FRY/BAMBA PADDY

JONES MCGREE HOWSON TAV BOLA

SPORAR WATMORE

This would be my team for the game.

I think these are my forwards against possession based teams who can press well and run in behind to exploit the spaces. McGree over Crooks because I feel that Wilder is losing patience with Crooksy and McGree's energy will be needed in a twin-duracell bunny midfield with Tav.

Dijksteel will be massive in this game for us (as he always is), we need his pace and awareness to cover the spaces in behind our defence.

Prediction is 1-1 for this game.

• Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth V Boro 0-0