oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth V Boro 0-0

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Totally forgot the match is today as it's Good Friday! 

I'm at work on double time and there's nobody here so I'm essentially going to be getting paid £20 an hour to watch football.

Things could be worse 😂

Probably the smart thing to do...this way you get to avoid all the bank holiday traffic and fighting through crowds etc. (the general mad rush to go somewhere for a couple of days).

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

Never known so little buzz about a match that means so much. 1 bad performance and everyone seems to have given up. Very strange. 

However we have just left Waterloo in glorious sunshine. So if nothing else a day out, a few beers, a sing song, a night away and a walk on the beach. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

The Hull defeat finished our season. 2-0 Bournemouth.
The push for the play offs this season has been a bonus anyway as at the start of the campaign I did not expect us to be anywhere near. So it has been a good ride.

Hoping for more next season once CW has had the chance to rebuild. 

(Please make me eat my words Boro.) 🙂

I've got us down for a 2-0 defeat, so on the basis that Boro usually do the exact opposite of what I predict, we're probably gonna win now! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Never known so little buzz about a match that means so much. 1 bad performance and everyone seems to have given up. Very strange. 

However we have just left Waterloo in glorious sunshine. So if nothing else a day out, a few beers, a sing song, a night away and a walk on the beach. 

A lot of folks probably have plans for the weekend - family stuff. Plus all the stats point to a comfortable home win, which really will put us out of contention for a play-off spot.

Its not just 1 bad performance either. We got thumped at Sheffield, struggled against Millwall and got undone by some poor defending against Fulham. A misfiring attack, coupled with a leaky defence isn't a recipe that inspires much confidence for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

A lot of folks probably have plans for the weekend - family stuff. Plus all the stats point to a comfortable home win, which really will put us out of contention for a play-off spot.

Its not just 1 bad performance either. We got thumped at Sheffield, struggled against Millwall and got undone by some poor defending against Fulham. A misfiring attack, coupled with a leaky defence isn't a recipe that inspires much confidence for the remainder of the season.

Blimey, but what about all the wins and general really good play? Anyone can focus the negatives but we're a pretty good team. 

Not convinced we will get anything but having Jones back and Bola getting fit gives us a chance. 

And Bournemouth really are no great shakes. Get a good start and it could be the start of a fab few days.

• Like 1

I suppose a reason to be positive is that Bournemouth need a win as well, so unlike Hull they won’t just sit there in a deep defensive shape. Maybe we’ll have more joy at exploiting the space behind them? Who knows. 

I don’t think Bournemouth will be as standoffish so who knows if we will be able to even string some passes together.

Here’s hoping Lumley is dropped, Jones is back and the strikers get some service. 

• Like 2

That Hull defeat really has put us in a harder position. I think the absolute minimum we need from the next 2 games is 3 points, anything less and I don't see us getting top 6. If we manage 3-6 points I think we will get top 6 assuming we go all guns blazing into the 4 games against teams with nothing to play for. Bournemouth have a strong team and whilst a draw wouldn't be a standout result would set us up for a huge game at home against a very beatable Huddersfield. 

I'm really happy Jones is back today, he was a big big miss.

Important to bounce back today and try to avoid getting beat. Not bothered about performance at all but we need a reaction to the back to beat defeats and stop the rot.

What's all your thoughts? I actually quite fancy a draw today and think that would be an excellent result.

Front 2..  Who would you go with? Personally I'd like to see Balogun and Watmore together for this one and stretch their back line.

• Like 1

After the Hull debacle we need a result here. We can definitely do it but we need to take our chances first and foremost. For that reason I’d drop Connolly for Coburn. 

• Like 1

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

After the Hull debacle we need a result here. We can definitely do it but we need to take our chances first and foremost. For that reason I’d drop Connolly for Coburn. 

Well its possible...but highly unlikely.

We'd need a Man Utd or Spurs type of performance to get anything. Guess the question is do the lads have anything left in the tank and can Wilder motivate them to produce?

4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Enjoy the day @Uwe

• Like 1
1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Blimey, but what about all the wins and general really good play? Anyone can focus the negatives but we're a pretty good team. 

Not convinced we will get anything but having Jones back and Bola getting fit gives us a chance. 

And Bournemouth really are no great shakes. Get a good start and it could be the start of a fab few days.

Even when we've won we've looked shaky defensively. As I said a while back I was pretty surprised we managed to keep a clean sheet against Peterborough...and as we know they're the worst team in the division.

Yes we had a good few months mid-season after Wilder took over and the performances carried over into this year. But for the last couple of months we have generally struggled - both to score and defend.

As for Bournemouth - they are doing pretty well for a team that "really are no great shakes". 🙄🤦‍♂️Talk about looking through Boro-tinted specs! I wouldn't mind being in their shoes.

We have won once in our ten visits. They have very solid home form, while Boro are dodgy at best on the road. I'd really love to know where your optimism is coming from. Did you start on the beer early?

Not sure what you mean by a "fab few days" either. We have Huddersfield next at the Riverside - another in-form team. Then we're away at Swansea, who are also solid at home. Cardiff and Stoke at home - we ought to get results from those, but by then we might have too much ground to make up.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth V Boro 0-0