oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth V Boro 0-0

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

The fact that balogun and sporar didnt touch the ball backs this up. That's why I always defend him, he gets far worse than any of the others but they're all much of the same - at some point you have to ask if that's a tactics issue or do we really just have 4 crap strikers?

Stems from midfield sadly

• Like 1
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I really hope Kieran Scott has some strikers in mind for summer. I think Connolly is most definitely a Wilder signing and he’s now become stubborn about it. How many starts has Sporar had since Connolly came in? 

Hope he's got some ideas to rebuild our midfield too. Strikers can't score if the players behind them aren't creating chances (well, not many can).

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Hope he's got some ideas to rebuild our midfield too. Strikers can't score if the players behind them aren't creating chances (well, not many can).

I’m hoping Payero and McGree will be key next season 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I'd love to see the statistics on the play around & towards him.

Not being a Connolly-apologist at all, but seriously, how many passes were made into him that weren't long balls from Daniels?

Watmore managed to get himself involved so what’s Connolly’s excuse exactly?  Balogun was on for 10 mins, Sporar for about 20 mins.  Connolly had 81 mins and if anything got even less involved than he had been in the early parts of the game.

• Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Watmore managed to get himself involved so what’s Connolly’s excuse exactly?  Balogun was on for 10 mins, Sporar for about 20 mins.  Connolly had 81 mins and if anything got even less involved than he had been in the early parts of the game.

Does Watmore's 1 shot and couple of runs that led to nothing elevate him so far above Connolly?

9 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Connolly gets it worse because of the reputation he's come with off the pitch, I reckon. He looks like a "lad" with his Love Island girlfriend and history of a bad attitude.

Balogun doesn't bring that, and Sporar has a catchy song, so neither get pelters as much as him.

It’s nothing to do with him being a lad. He hasn’t scored a goal for us yet.  He has been credited with two own goals in his favour for some reason. Someone can check me on this ad I haven’t got it in front of me but I think that Connolly has played the most minutes of strikers since he arrived. With no goals to show for it.  He doesn’t actually work that hard really.  Watmore works harder than he does for example.  So what is he bringing cos if it’s only work rate then he isn’t even our best at that. .

• Like 3

A point in the bag but lately we are hard to watch. Not that we ooze quality but we now seem to have lost the belief, energy and effort. Just feels a bit of a damp squid and not  really much to say about the game nor is it worth debating the playoff 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

Coburn must be wondering what he has to do to get minutes. I know there is an element of the less he plays ,the better he gets but give the lad a chance.Bournemouth defenders could have had the deckchairs out today...Jones made one excellant run in the first half,looked up twice & nobody to cross it to....

• Like 1