• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I thought it was a really good point today, I know the performance was average but sometimes you've got to grind points out. 

It looked like both teams had done their homework on each other and we pretty much cancelled each other out.

We've got 3 really big home games coming up and if we win them then we'll almost be in the playoffs. 

The worry is that the energy and tempo from earlier in the season isn't really there at the moment. Hopefully we can lift ourselves for a huge game on Monday. The annoying thing is I think we are capable of beating virtually everyone in this poor division but we just look like we're running out of gas a bit.

I said during the game that I'd look at dropping a striker and bringing in another midfielder, I dont think its really working with any of the strikers and having an extra midfielder would allow players like Tav, Jones and now McGree to make runs higher up the pitch. Maybe its a bit late in the season now to change shape and I don't know whether Wilder would change things but its something I'd at least look to change mid-game if things aren't working. 

Overall though I feel positive, things are in our hands and I would have snapped your hand off for 6th when Wilder was appointed. Even if we fall short this season I think we'll be challenging for the top 2 next season under Wilder. 

Good post that…especially dropping a midfielder for Connolly. That could’ve made things quite interesting today.

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

The season normally has three part referred to as silly, the start, Christmas period and the end which throws up some stupid results. Not the best time to be chasing a play off spot.  

When should we be chasing a play off spot? October?

• Haha 3

Not just on the back of todays result but if Bamba wanted to carry on for 1 more season then surely its a no brainier to offer him a 1yr player coach type deal? He 37 and will be 38 in Jan. 

He could assume that “Woodgate role” from our last promotion season where he steps in when there a real emergency?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

The fact that balogun and sporar didnt touch the ball backs this up. That's why I always defend him, he gets far worse than any of the others but they're all much of the same - at some point you have to ask if that's a tactics issue or do we really just have 4 crap strikers?

A mixture of  both I’d say. Balogun and Coburn aren’t nearly ready enough, Sporar flatters to deceive and both Watmore and Connolly are bottom half strikers. I could live with two of those if we got two good strikers to be ahead of them. I don’t think any of our strikers should be playing for a promotion chasing team. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Borodane said:

A mixture of  both I’d say. Balogun and Coburn aren’t nearly ready enough, Sporar flatters to deceive and both Watmore and Connolly are bottom half strikers. I could live with two of those if we got two good strikers to be ahead of them. I don’t think any of our strikers should be playing for a promotion chasing team. 

Yeah you're probably right. It's all we have for the next 5 games (plus 3 hopefully) though... So I'm gonna keep hoping that one or two of them can do the business to get us up, regardless of who he picks on the day. 

I have a feeling Connolly and Watmore were chosen today with Huddersfield in mind. 
Wilder set up in a way where we would sit back and try and catch them on counter hence Watmore and Connolly starting giving they probably the two most lquickest” out the 5 strikers. Fully expect to see Flo on Monday and would not at all be surprised if it was Sporar start. Albeit I agree with the poster who said Sporar flatters to deceive and really would love to see Coburn start alongside Flo on Monday.

Sporar and Watmore were doing reasonably well, not great but they were at least getting goals and we had genuine hope that they could nick a goal during games. That all changed in January when they were dumped for the upgraded new kids on the block. The newbies ran around a lot but didn't score and Sporar in particular hasn't been remotely close to how he was previously since.

Confidence or belief issues, peeved off at watching non scoring Strikers taking his place perhaps or simply told that he wasn't wanted and won't be made permanent in the summer? Whatever has gone on it has had a negative effect on the slick Slovenian song subject and instead of improvements we have been adversely affected.

To me something doesn't seem to be sitting right with Crooks either over the last few months. From the runaway Player of the Season to a frustrating clogger who has lost his mojo and goals along with it. May all just be a coincidence and part of the overhaul simply ruffling a few feathers with some on board and some apparently still at the Station. If we do make the Play Offs I don't want to endure another Pulis/Villa debacle or anything remotely similar.

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Seeing my post was lost on you, when would you suggest? 

Yeah it was obviously lost on me because it appeared to be nonsense.

I thought you were suggesting that the end of season isn't a good time to be fighting for a play off place. But it was obviously something else much cleverer and insightful which I didn't understand. 

And to answer your rebounded question, I would suggest the end of the season is the best time to fight for a play off place. 

Riley McGree will absolutely blitz it at Boro if given a proper chance. No disrespect, but on what I've seen of the other central midfielders in your squad so far, there is no comparison.

He played mainly as an attacking midfielder in Australia but I've noticed he has been playing deeper at Boro, which is okay as he has the football intelligence to play anywhere in central midfield.

Just needs the understanding with the other players to develop a little bit, in my opinion he is a footballer well above Championship level.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Micksyd said:

Riley McGree will absolutely blitz it at Boro if given a proper chance. No disrespect, but on what I've seen of the other central midfielders in your squad so far, there is no comparison.

He played mainly as an attacking midfielder in Australia but I've noticed he has been playing deeper at Boro, which is okay as he has the football intelligence to play anywhere in central midfield.

Just needs the understanding with the other players to develop a little bit, in my opinion he is a footballer well above Championship level.

He'll be starting the next 3 games, I expect, given Crooks is banned.