• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Again Connolly has had a better half than his strike partner, again Connolly is the one getting the pelters. 

None of them have been good. The most annoying thing for me about Connolly is his body language. Lost the ball due to stalling on it and instead of trying to win it back he just stood gesturing at the ref. He gets more criticism because Watmore has at least shown some quality throughout the season while Connolly has done very little to deserve the amount of game time. 

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Get Watmore off we don’t want strikers shooting.

these are there for the taking. Just need to up our level in the second half and hope they don’t.

Connolly takes more shots a game than anyone else in the side, good to see you've seen the light.

Well I'd have taken 0-0 at half time. Would take it as a full time result too.

I've no idea what happened between 20-ish minutes and the 35 minute mark as I dozed off. 

Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

But from what I did see, Boro were their usual ineffectual selves, as far as attacking threat goes.

What really surprised me is that Bournemouth didn't seem to trouble us defensively. Wonder if they're feeling the strain of staying in 2nd place?

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Oooh - lovely cross from Dijk!

But as usual no-one in the box to get on the end. Why does this always happen? 🤬

Do they not practice this sort of thing in training?

Watmore would have bundled it in if the keeper didn’t get a hand to it. Just palmed it out of Watmore’s path. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Connolly takes more shots a game than anyone else in the side, good to see you've seen the light.

Just a shame he is so incredibly poor at it. 

A good last 5 mins, we've been poor but they've arguably been worse. 

This looks there for the taking if we can lift our level up a bit, its just a case of whether we can or are the team running out of gas towards the end of the season?

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think it’s because we don’t want goal scoring strikers.

Someone like Andy Cole or Gary Lineker scores there but our strikers don’t make those run. 

Yeah - for some reason our last several managers have persisted with this "wide attacking midfielder" concept. Which as we can see works brilliantly... 🙄

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

That handball decision looks worse and worse.

Can't think of a more clear decision go against us this season. Normally there's a "if" or "but" about it, that was just nailed on.

• Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth V Boro 0-0