Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

Feels like

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Connolly takes more shots a game than anyone else in the side, good to see you've seen the light.

And he's never scored one! I agree he's no worse than several other players, but come on man... the guy offers very little.

Maybe he'd be good in another system, but he is poor in ours. Thats on Wilder too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Connolly takes more shots a game than anyone else in the side, good to see you've seen the light.

And he's never scored one! I agree he's no worse than several other players, but come on man... the guy offers very little.

Maybe he'd be good in another system, but he is poor in ours. Thats on Wilder too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Both have done very little, but he's won a couple of duels, has held up the ball wella couple of times and laid it off to Tav/Bola. Watmore has literally done nothing

Apart from getting our only shot on target

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Both have done very little, but he's won a couple of duels, has held up the ball wella couple of times and laid it off to Tav/Bola. Watmore has literally done nothing

The problem is that you’ve basically just described every Connolly game for us so far, and it really doesn’t amount to much does it?  That’s why he gets pelters because there hasn’t been something better than that yet, and every other striker we have has shown more at times.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Watmore would have bundled it in if the keeper didn’t get a hand to it. Just palmed it out of Watmore’s path. 

Thanks - from the angle I saw, I couldn't see any of our players get near it. Couldn't even tell if the keeper got a touch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

Feels like

And he's never scored one! I agree he's no worse than several other players, but come on man... the guy offers very little.

Maybe he'd be good in another system, but he is poor in ours. Thats on Wilder too. 

But I don't think he's poor, certainly no poorer than any of our other strikers. His lack of goalscoring is annoying and I'm not sure it'll ever click for him, but with our current collection of strikers doing absolutely nothing, I'd rather just get behind him and hope it comes good then re-evaluate in the summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so frustrating how close we are to being a very good team

2 strikers, LWB and a Keeper and no one stops us 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Yeah - for some reason our last several managers have persisted with this "wide attacking midfielder" concept. Which as we can see works brilliantly... 🙄

 

I think it’s a modern football thing. As long as you runaround and have the right stats it doesn’t matter that you don’t actually do what you are meant to do. 

Vossen would be perfect in this no goalscoring run around a lot and do nothing position

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

But I don't think he's poor, certainly no poorer than any of our other strikers. His lack of goalscoring is annoying and I'm not sure it'll ever click for him, but with our current collection of strikers doing absolutely nothing, I'd rather just get behind him and hope it comes good then re-evaluate in the summer. 

Yeah I'm not interested in slating him. Just don't think he's  good. 

But Bola and Crooks have been shocking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemed like a nervy game first half, we settled a bit better near the end and had a few good moves could have scored. Maybe should have won a penna. They are there for the taking. We just have to believe we can do it. Jones feeling the covid aftereffects with a few lapses in control. Not like him normally has an excellent touch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually dont think its been a bad start from us.  It was essential that we didnt concede early and as the game as progressed we have got better, plus we have completely cancelled out their attack.

We could argue that we should have gotten a penalty, well if it was given there would have been no complaints.....overall a decent first half performance angainst second in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

Yeah I'm not interested in slating him. Just don't think he's  good. 

But Bola and Crooks have been shocking. 

Agreed. Bola still has the excuse of bedding back in and being in and out of the team. Crooks is there every single week having the same poor performances.

If we had a decent, tall and phsycial striker among our ranks I don't think he's in the side. He's only there as he's the only one who has a chance with our long balls.

Probably unpopular but I'd like us to cash in on him coming off a decent goal scoring season, make a few million in profit and invest it elsewhere. He's not a good footballer, not in a side like this 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth V Boro 0-0


×
×
  • Create New...