• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

This is not a prediction.  No way, Xavier.   But it's what I would do (from the comfort of my armchair)

Brynn

Dijksteel     Wood     McNair

Jones     Howson     McGree     Tav     Bola 

Coburn     Balogun

• Haha 1

Brace yourselves for another torrid 90-odd minutes tomorrow. We haven't played 'Muff very often over the years, but the stats aren't encouraging:

Overall:      W8  D8  L5

Home:        W7  D4  L0

Away:        W1  D4  L5

Boro's last 10 visits to Bournemouth, stretching all the way back to 11th March 1967, have yielded just a solitary win (W1 D4 L5).

Equally current form doesn't provide many reasons for optimism:

Bournemouth (Home):      W11  D3  L3

Boro (Away):                      W6    D4  L8

My Prediction: Bournemouth 2 - 0 Boro

Edited by AnglianRed
22 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

This is not a prediction.  No way, Xavier.   But it's what I would do (from the comfort of my armchair)

Brynn

Coburn     Balogun

Interesting what do you think  Brynn or Wood have done to deserve a starting place.

Neither make the bench.

Not necessarily meaning you here but it seems Football Manager really influences people’s perception of players.

I believe that we cannot afford to lose this game, my reason is that suddenly our home form has deserted us losing our last 3 games (ok Chelsea I accept but even then questionable) and with Huddersfield nearly so close to ensuring top 6 we are in danger of continuing that streak of losses.

Getting something out of the game is essential for confidence sakes.

What do you guys think, could this game be make or break?  

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wood would be my 4th choice to replace Fry tomorrow.

Bamba > Peltier > Hall > Wood

Is Taylor not available or Paddy who can play back 4?

Besides we need to attack and score more than they do

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Is Taylor not available or Paddy who can play back 4?

Besides we need to attack and score more than they do

A point would suit us absolutely fine tomorrow in the hunt for the play-offs.

I'm certain Wilder would happily take a 0-0 if offered it right now, as would I.

Bournemouth will be desperate to win if Forest win their early kick off as you'd expect them to.

21 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I believe that we cannot afford to lose this game, my reason is that suddenly our home form has deserted us losing our last 3 games (ok Chelsea I accept but even then questionable) and with Huddersfield nearly so close to ensuring top 6 we are in danger of continuing that streak of losses.

New York No GIF by Talk Stoop

It ain't happening, pal so don't lose any sleep over it. We can dream of the play-offs next season.

30 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Before Hull, I'd have had this one down as a free hit, just like the Fulham game was. Knowing we've lost the Hull game, we have to find an extra 3 points from somewhere and this is one of the only games I'd have said we're likely to lose.

Not over 'til the fat bloke sings and all that but unless there's a couple of big slip-ups elsewhere, I'd say we have to try and win this game. Not that I think Wilder is much the kind of person who is ever particularly happy with a point unless it's the 90th minute and you're under the cosh, I think he'll be trying to win this game as he would any.

I do think we may well need to win this game to keep the pressure on the top 6 and really get us back on track. But then I think I only had us scraping into the play-offs on goal difference in my predictor so losing the Hull game is a huge problem in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Herbivorous said:

Brynn

Coburn     Balogun

Crikey.

I don't think we should be viewing Bournemouth as another Fulham - they're not at the same standard and are definitely there for the taking. They've obviously still got some premier league level quality in there, but so do we. They've only taken 1 point from their last two games so won't be brimming with confidence either. We need to get at them early though, I think conceding early would be a disaster

6 hours ago, Humpty said:

Fry is still injured but Jones is back. Double edged sword of ever I saw one. At least we might have more of an attacking threat. Fry is a huge miss though.

Fry struggled in the first half against Chelsea and hasn't looked right since (by his own standards). I think he has probably been carrying a knock and it has finally caught up with him.

• Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth V Boro 0-0