• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought Daniels was spot on where it actually mattered, claimed almost every ball and kept it calm.

Just arrived in Bournemouth. sun’s out seen a couple of Boro shirts cutting about.  Looking forward to a good day and great result UTB

Hello everyone. I have some important information to share with you today. I AM THE FINAL MATCH DAY THREAD AUTHOR YOU WILL SEE THIS SEASON! THAT’S RIGHT, BORO ARE ABOUT TO GO ON A 9 GA

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Lumley isn’t a great keeper but he’s not the worst either. He’s not even the worst keeper we have had in the last few years. 

unfortunately he has an error in him and people are now looking for that and have confirmation bias on it.

If he is half as bad as people think they we should question why he has been picked and why we didn’t replace him when we had the chance.

He's cost us a lot of points though, thats pretty hard to argue against. 

He hasn't been replaced because we don't have a good backup keeper and the club failed to address it in January. As a club its one of the few things we've got wrong this season and it could cost us a playoff spot. 

We don't even need anything spectacular in goal in this division, the equivalent of a Dimi in goal would be the difference between where we are now and probably 3rd in the division. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

If he is half as bad as people think they we should question why he has been picked and why we didn’t replace him when we had the chance.

We have been questioning it!

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Cheers forest ya useless sack of spuds. 

Nothing else for it, we need 3 points. 

Surprised by the result, really expected a lot more from Forest.

They were bang average today.

Luton winning gives me some hope. This is going to be a tough one but a thing goes now 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I was hoping to see Balogun today. Personally think he could score a few and go on a run 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, johnhorse said:

Luton winning gives me some hope. This is going to be a tough one but a thing goes now 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I was hoping to see Balogun today. Personally think he could score a few and go on a run 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's going to be high intensity pressure on Bournemouth's backline and then hopefully we nick a goal and the Home fans get tetchy and nervy.

Keeper debate is irrelevant today we need to score more that Bournemouth simple as, and Connolly needs to play the game of his life.

Beaten them once so far we can do it again..............................ahem!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Lumley isn’t a great keeper but he’s not the worst either. He’s not even the worst keeper we have had in the last few years. 

unfortunately he has an error in him and people are now looking for that and have confirmation bias on it.

High prize indeed. “Not even the worst in the last few years”. What high standards we must have.

He’s awful mate. I’m not sure Daniel’s is going to be any better but Lumley is a nightmare and has had enough chances. 

• Like 1

On the topic of addressing Lumley in January we addressed the back up option last Summer when we brought Daniels in as well as Lumley. The problem of course is that both have been very poor for the standard required at this level.

I think a clean slate in the goalkeeping department is required in the Summer and let them both move on. What I don't get is the issue the Club seem to have had with Stojanovic who looked reasonable from what we saw of him and then done well when he went on loan in Germany. Is it that he was really bad in training or that just couldn't adapt to the Teesside culture?

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

On the topic of addressing Lumley in January we addressed the back up option last Summer when we brought Daniels in as well as Lumley. The problem of course is that both have been very poor for the standard required at this level.

I think a clean slate in the goalkeeping department is required in the Summer and let them both move on. What I don't get is the issue the Club seem to have had with Stojanovic who looked reasonable from what we saw of him and then done well when he went on loan in Germany. Is it that he was really bad in training or that just couldn't adapt to the Teesside culture?

Could be that his English wasn't overly strong and both managers definitely favour domestic keepers. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth V Boro 0-0