oneBoro Forum

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks

6crb4k.jpg.b4295d91648c8ce98500997ce424e1b4.jpg

Scouting report completed.

Boro V Huddersfield Town

Monday 18th April

Riverside Stadium

Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

Middlesbrough welcome fellow playoff hopefuls Huddersfield Town to the Riverside in what should be a cracking Bank Holiday fixture. Huddersfield are currently 3rd after a 2-2 draw with QPR while Boro sit in 7th after a 0-0 snoozefest at Bournemouth. Rumours are that @AnglianRed is still watching the game waiting for something to happen.

Boro will be without midfielder Matt Crooks, who is now serving a 3 match suspension for being a silly boy

6crenw.jpg.8338d43da718d924c8aeb4734307782d.jpg

Big chance for soon to be Aussie legend Riley McGree, while Martin Payero could make the bench after getting 45 minutes for the u23's on Friday afternoon.

Luke Daniels probably keeps his place in goal after a comfortable if not particularly impressive display against Bournemouth.

Terrier Talk

(Only one post at the time of writing, they seem to think they'll need to make changes after some players looked knackered at the end of the QPR game which could be good for us.)

Boro v Huddersfield stats (Cheers, @AnglianRed)

Seems Huddersfield don't like it on Teesside...

Overall:      W44  D20  L33

Home:       W31  D9   L8

Away:          W13  D11 L25

Boro have a good home record against the Terriers. In their last 10 visits to the Riverside (and Ayresome Park), stretching back to January 1st 1986, the hosts have only lost once (W8 D1 L1).

The two clubs' respective home and away forms may throw this up in the air a bit:

Boro (Home):                 W11  D1  L5      Last 5: WWLLD

Huddersfield (Away):      W7   D6   L6      Last 5: LLWWD

The BIG Questions:

Starting lineup?

Will we make the playoffs?

Will Aaron Connolly ever score a legitimate goal for us?

No but seriously, what is Matt Crook's favourite crisp flavour?

And finally, a pre-emptive Will Smith slap for @TheJew

20220401_141312.gif.2a927b77340e7330d49816d3c1e515e8.gif

#UTB

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

Drop Connolly for Coburn, McGree replacing Crooks.

No other changes for me unless Watmore is injured, in which case I'd start Sporar.

If we lose this, we need a huge slice of luck for it not to be over.

A win puts us right back in contention and it's desperately needed right now with the way the mood has soured amongst many.

• Like 1

The BIG Questions:

Starting lineup?

Whatever Wilder picks - we know he doesn't make changes unless he has to. Took him long enough to finally dump Lumley and give Daniels a chance.

All we can really look forward to is seeing who replaces Crooks. McGree has to be favourite, since Payero has been out for the last 5 years with his injury.

Other than that, don't see there being any surprises...unless he decides to drop Connolly.

Nah. Even with a game in hand over Sheffield, I feel we're still needing them to drop points, as we won't take maximum from our games. Think we will finish the season 3 points off 6th.

Will Aaron Connolly ever score a legitimate goal for us?

I'm beginning to think not...though as I've agreed with some folks on the debate thats been raging on another thread, its not entirely his fault. All our "strikers" have been struggling of late. It could be some bias on my part, but Connolly looks more of a square peg trying to fit in a round hole than the others. I just don't think him and Boro are a good match. 

But don't tell NB4 that or he'll get really upset... 😉

I checked his Wikipedia entry and it doesn't say. 😕🤔 It does however say his full name is Matt Davidson Rider Crooks - sounds very heroic! It also mentions he was diagnosed with epilepsy.

But I think identifying his favourite crisps could be key to him regaining his previous brilliant form. We need to get MI5, Interpol and Sherlock Holmes on it right away!

• Like 1

Starting lineup?

Drop Connolly for Coburn and replace Crooks with McGree. Otherwise, as you were. Even if Fry is fit again, Sol deserves to keep his place. He was our best player on Friday (faint praise, I know).

I honestly think it comes down to this game. Win, probably. Any other result, probably not.

Will Aaron Connolly ever score a legitimate goal for us?

I don't want to seem like I'm trolling one or two other posters, but I doubt it. I will be genuinely pleased for the lad if he does score a goal, but he looks like a fish up a stepladder at the moment.

Beef. He's got beef with everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Seems Huddersfield don't like it on Teesside...

Overall:      W44  D20  L33

Home:       W31  D9   L8

Away:          W13  D11 L25

Boro have a good home record against the Terriers. In their last 10 visits to the Riverside (and Ayresome Park), stretching back to January 1st 1986, the hosts have only lost once (W8 D1 L1).

The two clubs' respective home and away forms may throw this up in the air a bit:

Boro (Home):                 W11  D1  L5      Last 5: WWLLD

Huddersfield (Away):      W7   D6   L6      Last 5: LLWWD

Boro's home record since September is still pretty solid, though losing our last 2 home fixtures against Fulham and Hull has put a dent or two in Fortress Riverside. On top of that, the visitors have been pretty handy on their travels so far. 

On paper we should be looking for a win, but given our current goalscoring troubles a draw wouldn't be Terrier-ble. This is one of those games where any result is a real possibility.

My Prediction: Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Huddersfield

Edited by AnglianRed
9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Boro have managed just a solitary win in the Terriers' last 10 visits to the Riverside (and Ayresome Park), stretching back to January 1st 1986 (W1 D1 L8). Have to say, thats pretty shocking. 😲😟 

That's probably because it's not true.

The last time we lost to them here was 1986, we've got 8 wins and a draw since then.

You've got the two sides mixed up.

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The last time we lost to them here was 1986, we've got 8 wins and a draw since then.

FML - I must be more tired than I thought! 🤣

The 11v11 website always gives you links for both your team and the opposition. I obviously clicked on the wrong one...

Will correct the stats and inform everyone of the good news...Boro are gonna win...and win handsomely! 😁

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

I wouldn't be surprised if Paddy moves to the Crooks role if Fry's fit and Bamba starts again, shame though as I want McGree to start

Strikers let's try Balogun/Coburn and Sporar 

45 minutes ago, LBP said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Paddy moves to the Crooks role if Fry's fit and Bamba starts again, shame though as I want McGree to start

Strikers let's try Balogun/Coburn and Sporar 

Neither Bamba or Hall could play the overlapping CB thing so I can't see Paddy moving. The other option is to go with a back four but Wilder is wedded to his back three system and I doubt he would make such a massive structural change to his defence in fear of the confusion and disarray it could cause especially against one of the Championship's better sides. We will, ageing, aching limbs permitting, likely see Bamba alongside Dijksteel and McNair. McGree will likely take over from Crooks with Boyd Munce stepping up to the bench. 

I will be surprised if we don't see Connolly starting because I get the impression that it's now become a bit of a prickly issue with Wilder as there doesn't appear to be a rational justification for it. There again Lumley eventually succumbed to the inevitable but it took repeated inexcusable failings for the axe to eventually fall.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Huddersfield 0-2