oneBoro Forum

There’s a lot to be concerned about for this game such as, will Bamba be able to play games that quickly back to back? 

Our strikers need to have clear cut chances, not aimless balls into the box or a hopeful corner either. Against Hull Connolly had one chance and scored (just offside) and that was the only clear cut one we got. 

I think Hudders will come here and play for a draw which we struggle to break down. We need a win and will get done on the counter. All that possession and we do nothing with it. 

Daniels

Dijk Bamba McNair 

Jones McGree Howson Tav Bola

Flo Sporar 

Crooks loves Prawn Cocktail, pass it on. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Neither Bamba or Hall could play the overlapping CB thing so I can't see Paddy moving. The other option is to go with a back four but Wilder is wedded to his back three system and I doubt he would make such a massive structural change to his defence in fear of the confusion and disarray it could cause especially against one of the Championship's better sides. We will, ageing, aching limbs permitting, likely see Bamba alongside Dijksteel and McNair. McGree will likely take over from Crooks with Boyd Munce stepping up to the bench. 

I will be surprised if we don't see Connolly starting because I get the impression that it's now become a bit of a prickly issue with Wilder as there doesn't appear to be a rational justification for it. There again Lumley eventually succumbed to the inevitable but it took repeated inexcusable failings for the axe to eventually fall.

Perhaps we need Connolly to score an own goal then😉

• Haha 1

We are due a win been a while since we last gor a home win. Big crowd coming to The Riverside for this game of that I am certain plenty of forum members in attendance including CT with his large finger pointing foam Boro hands!

It is one of those games that really matters to the fans let's hope it really matters to the team and that they do stand up to be counted........................hmm seems familiar I wonder?

Not sure what to make of it we bloody well need to score though!

Wakawakawoo a whimpy Boro will not do!

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I will be surprised if we don't see Connolly starting because I get the impression that it's now become a bit of a prickly issue with Wilder as there doesn't appear to be a rational justification for it. 

At least Clean sheet will be well rested after the Bournemouth game.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

At least Clean sheet will be well rested after the Bournemouth game.

Do you know how childish you look constantly trying to push that nickname in every match thread? 😂

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

I think we set up for a draw last game with us saving players for this game in balogun and Sporar. So hope it pays off as we do have to win all our home games to have a chance at the top 6 

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Do you know how childish you look constantly trying to push that nickname in every match thread? 😂

Yeah..  it's like calling McGree Skippy cause he is Australian ..  only Craig Johnston was the REAL Skippy 🙂  they tried it with Wilkshire, then Okon, surprised that they didn't with the Duke..  there must be an alternative ..  how about "Bouncer" or Bruce or Dingo..   anything but Skippy again and again and again... it's time for us to get inventive ..  think I will create a thread to come up  with better nicknames during the summer 🙂   

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Yeah..  it's like calling McGree Skippy cause he is Australian ..  only Craig Johnston was the REAL Skippy 🙂  they tried it with Wilkshire, then Okon, surprised that they didn't with the Duke..  there must be an alternative ..  how about "Bouncer" or Bruce or Dingo..   anything but Skippy again and again and again... it's time for us to get inventive ..  think I will create a thread to come up  with better nicknames during the summer 🙂   

We should call him Baba...as in Baba O'Riley. 😉

(one for the oldies and The Who fans out there)

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

We should call him Baba...as in Baba O'Riley. 😉

(one for the oldies and The Who fans out there)

Happy Jack..  Substitute..  Tommy .. this is more like it     ....  won't get fooled again

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I suppose Grimsby could have been crueller, it's marginally better than the Blessed virgin Connolly or Jaffa. There is of course a very simple solution and that is for Connolly to start scoring goals and to shut his detractors up.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I suppose Grimsby could have been crueller, it's marginally better than the Blessed virgin Connolly or Jaffa. There is of course a very simple solution and that is for Connolly to start scoring goals and to shut his detractors up.

Or just continue thinking he's rubbish without trying to push a crap nickname?

4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I suppose scoring goals was pushing it too far!

He was calling him it literally seconds after he scored against Birmingham, so that wouldn't do it either.

That was before the replays showing it might have been an own goal too.

7 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Neither Bamba or Hall could play the overlapping CB thing so I can't see Paddy moving. The other option is to go with a back four but Wilder is wedded to his back three system and I doubt he would make such a massive structural change to his defence in fear of the confusion and disarray it could cause especially against one of the Championship's better sides. We will, ageing, aching limbs permitting, likely see Bamba alongside Dijksteel and McNair. McGree will likely take over from Crooks with Boyd Munce stepping up to the bench. 

I will be surprised if we don't see Connolly starting because I get the impression that it's now become a bit of a prickly issue with Wilder as there doesn't appear to be a rational justification for it. There again Lumley eventually succumbed to the inevitable but it took repeated inexcusable failings for the axe to eventually fall.

You might be right mate I think he's equally wedded to a right footed midfield on the right, left on left though so could see Fry playing the LCB role with Bamba central 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Huddersfield 0-2