oneBoro Forum

All fell apart a bit there. Hudds have obviously watched the Hull game. Put 11 men behind the ball for a lot of it and we're huffing and puffing, but we can't get through. Will likely be worse second half as they're ahead.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

Also dismaying to read the half time stats.

Huddersfield had 6 shots at goal with 4 on target.

Boro had 3 attempts with just 1 on target.

Getting to the crux of the matter, this is why we are not scoring and this is why we are struggling to win games, that on paper should be bankers, or at least winnable.

• Like 1

We have no set piece routines and Huddersfield have shown 3 or 4 in the first half alone. That's down to Coaching I'm afraid. Throw in we have three touch footballers and I read about our next pass in yesterday's Gazette it takes us that long. Imagine having players that can receive and lay it off with one touch. 

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Again I need to ask -

Do we have 4 crap strikers or do we just not know how to get the ball to them?

A little from column a and a little from column b

3 poor strikers and a winger playing upfront alongside pedestrian football in the last third with a game plan of not being quick but having an extra player free.

4 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

This is where Wilders plan of having mobile players has a downside. We are not able to challenge Sarr, Lees etc on set pieces. 

what if we had an Ikpeazu type striker who could hold the ball up when Daniels can’t play out from the back and provide much needed help at all set pieces. 

Ikpeazu wasnt gonna be a 20 goal striker but think he definitely had value and would have been more useful than Sporar today

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Again I need to ask -

Do we have 4 crap strikers or do we just not know how to get the ball to them?

Connolly is still the worst of an unimpressive bunch. 😉

But yeah, Boro are garbage in midfield and barely create any decent chances for any of them.

Just now, sanddancer said:

Both to be fair. 

How would we even know?

Balogun is a starter for England u21s

Sporar has scored lots of goals before in other leagues. 

Connolly has nearly 50 premier league appearances and is an international at 22. 

Watmore clearly has quality too. 

I'd say none of the 4 have really been given the opportunity to show they are good strikers because they don't see enough of the ball

1 minute ago, kentucky said:

Playing with eight men Jones ,whatmore tavernier not shown up

We’re watching two games. Tav, McRee and Jones have been the only one showing for the ball and actually trying something. Both forwards are invisible and you somehow missed out Bamba who has been the worst player on the pitch by a huge margin. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We’re watching two games. Tav, McRee and Jones have been the only one showing for the ball and actually trying something. Both forwards are invisible and you somehow missed out Bamba who has been the worst player on the pitch by a huge margin. 

Jones is a bit one dimensional, could try to lay the ball off occasionally.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Huddersfield 0-2