• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

I still think he's on the fence because if Burnley are still in the premier league and we aren't in the summer... Then he would be stupid not to consider an offer from them, considering it would be a good move for his career and financially. I'd understand that move. I'd be gobsmacked if he made the move before then or if they're relegated though. 

Why would he talk about medium to long term and the summer in one part of his post match press conference but then also refuse to outright dismiss the Burnley link? 

I really don’t know how to interpret it. What I do know is that if he is staying, he’s handling these questions regarding Burnley in a stupid way. 

FWIW I don’t think he’ll go.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I still think he's on the fence because if Burnley are still in the premier league and we aren't in the summer... Then he would be stupid not to consider an offer from them, considering it would be a good move for his career and financially. I'd understand that move. I'd be gobsmacked if he made the move before then or if they're relegated though. 

I understand that but I also want him to understand the situation we are in. We are his employer and paying his wages so he should be acting like he's absolutely 100% committed to us. 

At the moment he doesn't sound committed and if that is filtering through to the players then it could be destroying our season.

Even if he's thinking about moving on he should be giving it 100% until something happens. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

At least if he goes I can start dreaming of Reiziger again 

We could lure a certain Mr Warnock out of retirement...

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1
4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Who next for manager then?

Who's the fella Villa sacked?

The question we should ask is why has he not been tied down to Boro beyond this season?

That to me will always allow rumour and speculation

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Look at how much they wanted that clean sheet. Don’t see that with us.

You didn't see anyone in a Boro shirt trying to keep a clean sheet?  Not even one person in particular? 🙃

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Why would he talk about medium to long term and the summer in one part of his post match press conference but then also refuse to outright dismiss the Burnley link? 

I really don’t know how to interpret it. What I do know is that if he is staying, he’s handling these questions regarding Burnley in a stupid way. 

FWIW I don’t think he’ll go.

Maybe the ink isn't dried yet and finer details are to be worked out. If he doesn't get what he wants from Burnley then he stays here. That's my interpretation of it anyway. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

At the moment Jones is getting the ball with virtually 2 players on him and teams are defending deep. Its pretty hard for him to get to the bar line in these circumstances. 

We are moving the ball around far too slowly, in the past we shifted teams around with our quick passing and quite often when Jones got the ball we were able to isolate him against a single defender. 

He's simply not getting the space to play that he was previously. It happened to Traore in the playoffs against Villa when they shut him down. Ideally we need better attacking options in other areas so if teams are loading that side of the pitch we can move the ball quickly and hurt them in other areas. 

Jones looks off the pace but I don't blame him for the latest results.v

Predictability, same wing, same player, same byline, same near post, same result. 
Slow, side and back hence the opponents back line is well protected hence no space. 
I am surprised you did not mention the wasted set pieces or shots on target. 
Next season it’s going to feel strange embedded in the top three, it’s coming. 

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I understand that but I also want him to understand the situation we are in. We are his employer and paying his wages so he should be acting like he's absolutely 100% committed to us. 

At the moment he doesn't sound committed and if that is filtering through to the players then it could be destroying our season.

Even if he's thinking about moving on he should be giving it 100% until something happens. 

Well if he comes out and says he's 100% committed then leaves us, that will come across a lot worse will it not?