oneBoro Forum

2 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Terrible performance. Own it Wilder and get it sorted. Poor team selection and poor tactics. Looks to me like he's lost the dressing room theres only Watmore, Tav and Dijksteel who look like they care. Something definitely wrong. 

I'm hearing rumours he's gone after today. How true it is I'm not sure. Personally I wouldn't be too sad to see him go I don't think a one trick pony can be successful long term and I'm not sure he can think of any other way to play when it's not working or he don't have the personnel to suit 532.

No one was complaining about the team selection before the game, most people were happy.

• Like 1
  • Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

What the hell has happened that we have became so bad?

As someone else mentioned, I think other managers have simply wised up to Wilder's tactics and figured out how to nullify our attacking threat.

It is very noticeable how little impact Jones has now that he's having to deal with 2 defenders most of the time. Rather than getting to the byline and pinging crosses in, or cutting inside, he's stopping and passing backwards, or getting dispossessed.

Whats really infuriating is how little the rest of our midfield seem to do. Tav will occasionally try something but lone players are too easily isolated and dealt with. Today McGree showed some good touches and positioning, but again he was mostly operating on his own. Which goes back to my earlier comment that we just don't play as a team. 

We don't seem to have any attacking game plan. Its like everyone else just watches the guy on the ball to see what he's going to do. Sometimes they react in time, but mostly not. You almost never see them move together, getting into pre-planned positions, like they know what to expect. They certainly almost never anticipate what other players are going to do.

• Like 5

Yeah, I don't think there's anything I'd have changed about the starting 11 even after watching that performance.

The tactics weren't working, and individuals had shockers, but that's the line-up that I'd have picked bar maybe Coburn for Sporar.

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Jesus what a load of ***. Maybe the squad isn't good enough and Wilder has had a January window which we had little money to play with. 

Today was woeful, poor in the extreme. Cooper took Forest from the bottom of the Championship with a squad he inherited. Wilder done wonders when he first came in with an inherited squad but lately we have huffed and puffed, passing the ball to eternity, looking unlikely to penetrate a defence apart from that imperious Peterborough back line. 

The January window weakened his squad despite getting players "more suitable" for his style of play. If the summer recruitment is equally ineffective then next season may be a tough watch.

• Like 1

Think the only thing that needs to be said today was that it was a diabolical performance. Like the Hull & Fulham games, Boro looked decent enough for the first 40 minutes (again without threatening to score). But a defensive howler gifted Huddersfield their opening goal.

Our heads seemed to go down after that, apart from a brief spell in the second half when we looked like we might be mounting a comeback. Got caught on the break for the second goal and after that Boro just lost the plot completely.

The silver lining in this otherwise huge, dark thundercloud is that there are only 4 more games to endure. After which we can only hope and pray Wilder gets the players he wants in the Summer, so that we can hope for / expect better next season.

• Like 3

I felt we blow the playoff loosing to lower teams a while back and only good fortune of results going our way promoted our position. I think that’s four games no goals which to me proves not only do we lack quality and ability but we are predictable and teams have worked out CW. We had two shots today. 
How are we we, well just look at how many of the crowd left the ground today says what the majority are thinking. 

Think we lack leadership and have a weak mentality. When the going gets tough and the pressure is on you find out what you are really made of. Today our players starting losing their heads and acting like children giving away stupid free kicks and getting yellow cards.

• Like 5

Bit mad when the only person trying to play incisive passee was Dijksteel. Tav puts the effort and if Sporar gambled it may have been different but nobody else really seemed to have a clue how to create anything. People waxing about McGree but other than his shot which hit the bar I didnt see anything special about him. Really really poor 'team' performance

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

No one was complaining about the team selection before the game, most people were happy.

I never posted on here but when I seen the lineup I wasn't happy with Bamba at 37 playing 2 games in 3 days. I wasn't happy with the lack of height and physicality in the side and I certainly wasn't happy with sporar starting again. Anyway doesn't matter now its over.

Not a surprise we were beaten today but to be dominated like that at home is unacceptable and wilders tactics and team selection have to be blamed as much as the players. It doesn't look like they have been playing for him for a the last month or so and most of them look totally bereft of confidence especially Jones.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Huddersfield 0-2