oneBoro Forum

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Based on today's performances I would fields these 11 next game .. 

Daniels 

Jones, Dijk, Peltier, Paddy, Taylor 

McGree, Boyd Munce, Tav 

Watmore, Coburn

What CW was thinking playing Bamba today baffled me. Shots 2 on target today and 11 corners we did nothing with so It does not really matter it’s not going to happen, so just try something different. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

Very good display from Huddersfield. Clinical, solid and organised. I've said this on twitter but we've become too predictable. There's no plan B. They pushed up on our wingbacks, squeezed the space in the box with their centre halves and made sure their midfield slid across to cover and under lapping runners. Hull did exactly the same. Wilder is all about creating 'quality chances' but when you're not producing any chances, you have to change things up a little and we look a little bit lost when it comes to that. I feel for the strikers during games like today because you're onto a hiding to nothing.

Defensively we were poor. Bamba was terrible, as was Bola. McNair and Djikesteel must have felt like they were playing on their own at the back. Dael Fry is a huge miss, i've said it before and i'll say it again he's very important to us. We don't concede that goal with him on the pitch.

The season isn't over but it looks bleak. Not so much because of the table, because ultimately we're only 2 points behind Sheff United with four games to play, but because we're completely bereft of confidence and there's very little room for error now. We're relying on other teams doing us favours and pretty much our entire team finding some form.

I'll be honest I never expected this to happen to a Chris Wilder side, I really didn't. I had us as absolute certs two months back. 

• Like 6

Well another insipid, tame and very predictable performance from the Boro with CW resorting to put Connolly on to try and get something back which we never were going to do.

1 point out of 12 our home performances as bad as our away performances used to be, a midfield that offers nothing and Jones's valuation decreasing every match.

It was awful, simply awful because we now all of us can clearly see that when it matters to us it does not matter to the Boro.

Going to question CW and his tactics now because he does need a plan B as plan A does not work anymore and just where is the next goal coming from as a team that can not do the business in the final third.

Collective bad day from every Boro player with Daniels getting MOM from me.

Sky must be reconsidering showing the Cardiff game I would imagine.

We have been terribly let down of late or simply flattered to deceive earlier on in the season.

Wilder won’t be going anywhere. He’s here long-term.

He’s inherited Warnock’s squad and tried to add some new temporary additions in January to put his spin on things. A window that’s difficult to make changes. He’ll have a whole summer and a decent chunk of money to build something.

He’ll have next season and the season after to have a real go at getting us promoted. Wilder wouldn’t have come here for a short-term. He’s always stayed at clubs for many seasons and built something. Gibson also wouldn’t have appointed him and acted for him to leave after six months.

Just fans being emotional and journalists being journalists.

I could understand if someone remotely credible had said something. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Thing is they owe Dyche 15m in compensation for the contract termination and Wilder isn't going to be remotely cheap. Can't see them doing it

I could if it keeps them up and it’s a good return on investment regardless if they overpay CW. 

Although I can’t see it myself but wonder if CW signed a let’s see at the end of the season contract.  

I'm disappointed in Wilder. Thought he'd show he had more to him than this one play style and formation. I feel like he's been carried by Jones in many games and now Jones form has dropped we can't buy a win or goal. 

Im on the fence with Wilder at the moment. I thought we'd be a lot less hoofball and more inventive under him. 

Maybe Jones has been massively papering over the cracks? He's literally won about 10+ games on his own with a moment of magic or winning a pen. 

And the less said about Wilder in the transfer market the better...

• Like 2
Just now, sanddancer said:

I could if it keeps them up and it’s a good return on investment regardless if they overpay CW. 

Although I can’t see it myself but wonder if CW signed a let’s see at the end of the season contract.  

Unless Wilders resigns then no compensation is due… I can’t see it happening though, unless something drastic has gone on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

We don't play hoofball. Quite the opposite.

We mix it between hoofball and southgateball 

normally the hoof comes after the southgateball has taken us from their box to ours.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

We don't play hoofball. Quite the opposite.

Disagree, I see alot of passing between the back 3 which quite often results in a hoof.

It's not Pulis levels. But we do hoof a lot.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

It just wouldn't happen. They're crippled with debt as it is. Nearly went under a few months back

7 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Very good display from Huddersfield. Clinical, solid and organised. I've said this on twitter but we've become too predictable. There's no plan B. They pushed up on our wingbacks, squeezed the space in the box with their centre halves and made sure their midfield slid across to cover and under lapping runners. Hull did exactly the same. Wilder is all about creating 'quality chances' but when you're not producing any chances, you have to change things up a little and we look a little bit lost when it comes to that. I feel for the strikers during games like today because you're onto a hiding to nothing.

Defensively we were poor. Bamba was terrible, as was Bola. McNair and Djikesteel must have felt like they were playing on their own at the back. Dael Fry is a huge miss, i've said it before and i'll say it again he's very important to us. We don't concede that goal with him on the pitch.

The season isn't over but it looks bleak. Not so much because of the table, because ultimately we're only 2 points behind Sheff United with four games to play, but because we're completely bereft of confidence and there's very little room for error now. We're relying on other teams doing us favours and pretty much our entire team finding some form.

I'll be honest I never expected this to happen to a Chris Wilder side, I really didn't. I had us as absolute certs two months back. 

Begone worth your common sense analysis 👍

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1