• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

Wilder has the centre halves carrying the ball out from the back, played into Howson who plays direct into the wing backs or to a lesser degree into the channels for the forwards. Playing long ball football is the antithesis of Wilder is trying to do. The very reason we don't regularly put the ball into the box is because Wilder wants to create quality chances not hit and hope football. That's not to say that isn't without fault, we've seen quite clearly there's a huge problem with that at times but we don't play long ball football.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Another rumour that he's refused to speak to the press after the game, anyone able to confirm that?

Hasn’t been anything on sky according to twitter

I think its daft writing Wilder off as a manager now, we're going through a bad spell that's obvious but I think there's a few reasons for that. 

We've had injuries to key players recently and other key players aren't playing well. As a team we look tired, flat and bang out of form. 

Saying that, Wilder has to take some responsibility for the current form. Its great to have a well drilled team and formation but eventually teams will learn to nullify you and you have to adapt. Maybe the players and squad isn't good enough to do anything drastically different on the pitch but we need to buy better players in the summer and be a lot more flexible in our tactics. 

• Like 2
Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

Am I being paranoid or is it weird there wasn't a pre match presser and he hasn't spoken after the game? He normally talks right after. 

Was just thinking the same, wouldn't you normally have heard his post game comments by now?

3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Wilder has the centre halves carrying the ball out from the back, played into Howson who plays direct into the wing backs or to a lesser degree into the channels for the forwards. Playing long ball football is the antithesis of Wilder is trying to do. The very reason we don't regularly put the ball into the box is because Wilder wants to create quality chances not hit and hope football. That's not to say that isn't without fault, we've seen quite clearly there's a huge problem with that at times but we don't play long ball football.

The main problem with that being we don't do anything else either.

Call me weird but I've been under the impression for some time now that modern managers / coaches AND footballers need to be more intelligent and flexible - able to adapt (to a certain extent) to different styles of play.

Obviously I'm not saying they should be able to do EVERYTHING, but when Plan A isn't working, you need a Plan B that you can work to.

IMO no manager can afford to be so wedded to just one style of play and inflexible even when opponents work out how to nullify their tactics.

Similarly, modern footballers need enough of a footballing brain to be able to weigh up their options and make intelligent choices, rather than just doing the same thing over and over, hoping it will eventually work.

• Like 2

Disappointing how our season seems to be fizzling out. 

Huddersfield, like Hull, knew that all they had to do was defend in an organised fashion and hit us once or twice on the break.

We played it left to right and right to left round their penalty area. Then someone would make a sloppy pass and Huddersfield were on the break. 

After they scored their second we pretty much gave up. We had half an hour to get back into the game but there wasn't any impetus in us. Just slowly knocked the ball around.

I don't know why Jones doesn't get to the byline in the 6 yard box anymore and whip it back in. We scored so many goals from that tactic earlier in the season, but seem to have given up on it for some reason...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

Disappointing how our season seems to be fizzling out. 

Huddersfield, like Hull, knew that all they had to do was defend in an organised fashion and hit us once or twice on the break.

We played it left to right and right to left round their penalty area. Then someone would make a sloppy pass and Huddersfield were on the break. 

After they scored their second we pretty much gave up. We had half an hour to get back into the game but there wasn't any impetus in us. Just slowly knocked the ball around.

I don't know why Jones doesn't get to the byline in the 6 yard box anymore and whip it back in. We scored so many goals from that tactic earlier in the season, but seem to have given up on it for some reason...

Jones will not be here next season some team will get him for a bargain 5M instead of the 25M+ we all thought he was worth