oneBoro Forum

Just now, TLF10 said:

Paddy will become the right sided CB. Fry if he stays will be the CB and a proper left footed CB needs to be signed to allow us that balance.

On a separate point am not sure Bola is up to the task of being this clubs first choice LWB. 

I can’t see Dijksteel being dropped, arguably player of the season for me. He’s gone under the radar

• Like 4
  • Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Paddy will become the right sided CB. Fry if he stays will be the CB and a proper left footed CB needs to be signed to allow us that balance.

On a separate point am not sure Bola is up to the task of being this clubs first choice LWB. 

+1

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Indeed. 

Miles away from anything like that.  I mean we were poor today but not abject.  We just couldn't attack with any kind of penetration.  We should have got a point against Fulham, we should have beaten Hull really.  24,000 for a televised dinner time kick off on a bank holiday weekend isn't bad really, and I dare say it would have been more if we hadn't buggered it up against Hull and Fulham.

Again, maybe toxic wasn’t that right word. I haven’t got time and tbh can’t be bothered to find the exact correct wording. See my reply to Duvel above. I also wasn’t really referring to the atmosphere at the ground, more so the feeling after games and on social media etc. 

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Djiksteel is the better of the two at the moment IMO. He’s been excellent of late and the most attacking of our back three. If only he could learn to shoot. 

• Like 2

Yeah I thought dijksteel came out of today's game with more credit than most, as has been the case for the majority of this poor run. If anything paddy could be replaced right now. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

You forgot to mention our complete lack of creativity and aerial prescence!

I touched upon the creativity but I think in Wilder's team it's more about process than individual creativity.  It's the movement of the ball, and the movement of the players that create openings, and we're just not there yet.

Aerial presence I'm not as bothered about.  I think pace makes more of a difference.  Crooks obviously adds height when he's playing, and I suppose you could Coburn or Ikpeazu in there if you want more.  Dijksteel is on the short side for a central defender but he brings other things.  If you go through the Huddersfield players from today I don't think you'll find much difference in the heights of both teams.  We didn't lose because of a lack of height, we lost because we couldn't use the ball well enough, and because of poor marking.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah I thought dijksteel came out of today's game with more credit than most, as has been the case for the majority of this poor run. If anything paddy could be replaced right now. 

Indeed, Paddy was one of the worst on the pitch in that Hull game especially.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Toxic seems to be the word used every time the fans are not 100% happy nowadays. I've seen the Riverside toxic and today wasn't one of those days. People were frustrated that's about it.  

Imagine half the people in there probably don't remember when our most successful manager ever had a season ticket launched at him in the dugout  😂 that's the bar i use to Gage toxicity levels now days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I’m happy with how we are and where we are at the moment. Maybe toxic isn’t the right word, but go on social media and there’s not a positive word amongst boro fans. People are asking for Wilder to pack in and leave, and majority are questioning his loyalty. Far from being all rosy at the club.

Social media is always toxic i suppose, especially twitter. Its usually the most extreme personalities who post on there. 

I guess the current predicament can be easily solved, if he's staying I'd expect some sort of public commitment from Wilder to the club in the coming days. And, if he's leaving he'll be gone before our next game. 

If he leaves hopefully we'll get a decent replacement and we'll start next season confident of being up there, if he stays we'll hopefully kick on. 

6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Again, maybe toxic wasn’t that right word. I haven’t got time and tbh can’t be bothered to find the exact correct wording. See my reply to Duvel above. I also wasn’t really referring to the atmosphere at the ground, more so the feeling after games and on social media etc. 

Social media 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

@Duvel@Changing Times 

My post was more about how the club have gone from having the best feel good factor it’s had in years, to the managers loyalty getting questioned only a few weeks later. Shows how quickly things can change in football. 

For the record I am completely happy with Wilder and not reading too much into his comments (or lack of) regarding the job at Burnley. We’ve improved drastically since Warnock took over, both in results and performances/style of play. The fact we are even in with a shout of playoffs is solely down to Wilder and Knill. 

• Like 3
Just now, Andyboro said:

Imagine half the people in there probably don't remember when our most successful manager ever had a season ticket launched at him in the dugout  😂 that's the bar i use to Gage toxicity levels now days

Thats the one I was thinking about! Southampton at home under Agnew was bad as well. 

• Like 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm not reading the whole thread, I got up this afternoon and saw the score and that was enough 

How bad were we?

Dominate with the ball, but look devoid of attacking threat when we have it. Too much side to side and no clear chances being created. Jones gets marked out of games and after that we just huff and puff and never really threaten.  

Some bizarre moments of sloppy play (Bamba back pass) were all they really had until we chucked men forward. 

We got done again by a set piece, I think lack of leadership here is a big returning factor to why we get done so much here. We just don’t pick up opposition players at all. 

Whilst still mathematically possible, we are faaaar short of pushing for promotion. We haven’t got the belief that the team had in the Aitor days of getting a clear cut chance and taking it. 

• Like 2