oneBoro Forum

6 minutes ago, bmt said:

A lot of people saying write the season off…. 3 points off 6th with a game in hand on the 3 teams above us. 

Thats the crazy thing, when you look at the table we are totally still in the playoff race. 

If Wilder is staying he needs to get the team ready for next weekend. Its one thing us lot sulking but the players need to pick themselves up and go again. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We weren't good but we weren't absolutely terrible.  We had a decent amount of the ball, and were able to get it into the final third but then we came unstuck.  Huddersfield scored from a set piece which we defended badly, and scored in the second half when we were pushing forwards, and frankly, had lost our heads a bit.  They weren't that good, we weren't that bad but the result went the right way overall.

Feels a little harsh on Huddersfield that. I thought they were superb defensively and tactically had us wrapped around their finger. They executed their game plan perfectly by playing on the counter and making the most of their set pieces. It's not hugely difficult to nullify us at the minute but they ensured we were frustrated, particularly as a draw for them would've been a good result.

Just now, Humpty said:

Feels a little harsh on Huddersfield that. I thought they were superb defensively and tactically had us wrapped around their finger. They executed their game plan perfectly by playing on the counter and making the most of their set pieces. It's not hugely difficult to nullify us at the minute but they ensured we were frustrated, particularly as a draw for them would've been a good result.

Could see why Lewis O'brien has been linked with a prem move. Looks a great all-round midfielder.

5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Thats the crazy thing, when you look at the table we are totally still in the playoff race. 

If Wilder is staying he needs to get the team ready for next weekend. Its one thing us lot sulking but the players need to pick themselves up and go again. 

We'll get battered if we make the playoffs

• Like 1
Just now, Humpty said:

Nah, I don't think so mate.  They did enough defensively but I feel we helped them with that.  Did they create anything before the first goal?  I can't remember anything really, and if we'd defended that even reasonably well they wouldn't have scored at all. The second half we opened up so much that at times they had 3 or 4 against 2, and they get the second, which effectively kills off the game.  To try and put it into some context, the two Karanka top 6 Boro sides would be some way ahead of what I saw from Huddersfield today.  That's not meant as a slight against them, but right now you don't need to be a world beater to shut us down.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If we do make playoffs we will be going into it with some momentum. We will probably have to win at least 3, possibly all 4 to get in. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

If we do make playoffs we will be going into it with some momentum. We will probably have to win at least 3, possibly all 4 to get in. 

Would we be the first Managerless side in the Play Offs or will Wilder stand up, show commitment and end speculation. Maybe that should be the other way round!

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Absolutely on current form, if we suddenly find our best form though then who knows. 

Today has been the culmination of a few bad games where it just feels like we've ran out of steam and teams have sussed us out. I don't think we'll make the playoffs but I hope the players keep fighting while there's still a chance. 

Before this weekend I thought if we finished Easter any more than 4pms adrift we were done. 

After an awful performance results have conspired to help us and we are 3pts off 6th place and have a game in hand.

So we are still somehow still in the race.

We need a massive up turn in performance but that fat lady isn’t singing yet.

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

You are all getting this wrong I mentioned that with the way Jones was performing of late his value would be decreasing in the eyes of others, he is not a 25M plus player at this moment, you silly sausage

As a developing player with a unproven record I guess 1/2. I would say £7.5 to £12 at best. 

4 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Im not so much pointing the finger at Jones. It seems more like he's been told not to do it anymore and to try more crosses from more conventional areas. Even before his injury he'd stopped doing it.

Fair point. Manager's instruction does seem like the most likely reason.

But it seems barmy Wilder would tell the players to stop doing things that were working for us.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Fair point. Manager's instruction does seem like the most likely reason.

But it seems barmy Wilder would tell the players to stop doing things that were working for us.

Not quite the same but Henry got a bollocking by Pep at Barca even though he scored.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Before this weekend I thought if we finished Easter any more than 4pms adrift we were done. 

After an awful performance results have conspired to help us and we are 3pts off 6th place and have a game in hand.

So we are still somehow still in the race.

We need a massive up turn in performance but that fat lady isn’t singing yet.

02cc6301-3132-4406-ab18-61185254acd3_tex

21047876-7dcf-4d50-9483-609da2781b78_tex

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Agreed. And even worse if we somehow fudge promotion. I know some want promotion even if it means a dire season in the PL but not me.

Wilder will be staying to see what he can do with a transfer window and a pre-season and I'm hopefull of a much better season. 

We really need a couple of strikers worth their salt tho, hopefully selling Spence will bring in some cash. Perhaps not recalling him was a bad shout though, I said before we were too reliant on Jones, he got sick and the wheels fell off.

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Not quite the same but Henry got a bollocking by Pep at Barca even though he scored.

Haha - yeah I remember that.

But Pep can do that cause he's Pep...and Barca are Barca. They usually have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to goalscoring talent. 😉

I don't think we can afford to be that choosy. If Wilder wants to instil his New Ways of Working in the squad, he's got all Summer to work on his masterplan.