oneBoro Forum

1 hour ago, Erimus 63 said:

A bit churlish of CW to load this onto Daniels. That should've been saved for the dressing room. Maybe looking for an excuse to recall Lumley.

or maybe our lack of flexibility to think for ourselves on the pitch lol

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouting Report: Matt Crooks Scouting report completed. Boro V Huddersfield Town Monday 18th April Riverside Stadium Kick Off: 12:30pm (Live on Sky Sports Football)

I'm sure you'd be concerned if you asked your partner if they were cheating and/or leaving you and their response was "nobody knows what's around the corner for anybody, do they?"

I propose we call Connolly AC...since he seems to blow cold most of the time... 😁🥶  

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

or maybe our lack of flexibility to think for ourselves on the pitch lol

For me Luton, Forest and Huddersfield are teams that work for each other and their passion and drive has given one of those teams a real opportunity to be in the PL next season.

Can we say the same for Boro do the players work their socks off for each other?

I have of late felt that we have no team spirit and that we are mostly a team of individuals and some of our senior players have done nothing to bring them together, a real pity

• Like 1

Not so sure, I still see a team working hard for each other and I've not seen anything to question team spirit. Last few games there's just been a huge lack of confidence in our play, even from Jones who usually doesn't think twice about taking on his man or putting in a cross. 

Regarding the strikers, the biggest disappointment for me is that we were all looking forward to seeing Balogun playing with confidence after his productive break with the England U21s, yet he's hardly had a sniff since. In my opinion it needs to be Balogun + Watmore/Coburn from here on in. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Does not look good does it 

Comments on it suggesting it was to watch them play Spurs. Which would make sense as it was 4 days before we played Spurs and it was the day after we played West Brom at home.

EDIT: Sorry, it wasn't 4 days before we played Spurs. It was 6 days. We played Barnsley in the midst of that.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Comments on it suggesting it was to watch them play Spurs. Which would make sense as it was 4 days before we played Spurs and it was the day after we played West Brom at home.

I mean I hope that’s the reason but why would he have been invited by the directors though?

Just now, RichAcklam2404 said:

I mean I hope that’s the reason but why would he have been invited by the directors though?

Wilder has gone on about knowing plenty of people in football in the past. It wouldn't altogether shock me if he was looking for a ticket and got himself invited into a nicer area of the stadium. Football people don't tend to sit in with the rest of the crowd at the stadium.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Marz said:

Not so sure, I still see a team working hard for each other and I've not seen anything to question team spirit. Last few games there's just been a huge lack of confidence in our play, even from Jones who usually doesn't think twice about taking on his man or putting in a cross. 

Regarding the strikers, the biggest disappointment for me is that we were all looking forward to seeing Balogun playing with confidence after his productive break with the England U21s, yet he's hardly had a sniff since. In my opinion it needs to be Balogun + Watmore/Coburn from here on in. 

I agree, for me it's just a case that we're out of form, realistically we didn't deserve to lose any of the 3 games before this Huddersfield game, just as we didn't deserve to win a few of the games during our great run of form.

Teams like Huddersfield and Blackburn are our kryptonite, they're completely solid with a devastating counter attack whereas we are often toothless with the lions share of possession. Then we're naff at the set pieces generated from this domination of possession we had 11 corners to their 4 yesterday but didn't look like creating a chance from one of them whereas every time they got a free kick or corner it looked dangerous.

We'd still be in the playoffs if you take Wilder's tenure out to a full season but the deficiencies in the team are now pretty plain to see.

5 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

it just keeps getting better…

No it doesn't at this time of the season it is the last thing we need. Needs to be nipped in the bud by an official statement from MFC

Looking at the league table today Boro can still get into the playoffs if they can pull themselves together and win the remaining games. It may come down to goals and of course there's the problem of beating promotion hopefuls but there's still a little time left to dream 😄

A good run let alone promotion might improve the chances of attracting better players and/or a manager...

9 hours ago, Bruce said:

This is nicely laid out. I did hear Wilder say that there was only supposed to be two people in the wall but Daniels insisted on 3. If that's the case, then possibly we're a man down on the marking leaving Rhodes free. 

That could make sense yeah.  I did notice we had three and felt it was a bit excessive.  We still have 6 v 6 in the middle however, we just have people marking the same Huddersfield player, which leaves Rhodes free.  I don't know if it's significant or not but but those goals we conceded that I highlighted there had the opposition's striker running free, which is just bonkers to me.

23 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Why would he talk about medium to long term and the summer in one part of his post match press conference but then also refuse to outright dismiss the Burnley link? 

I really don’t know how to interpret it. What I do know is that if he is staying, he’s handling these questions regarding Burnley in a stupid way. 

FWIW I don’t think he’ll go.

Leverage play to get what he wants in the summer, thats why he talks about the summer, but also gives the board something to sweat about which may lead to him getting something he has been knocked back on