• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of bein

RELAX, guys ... I got this!  Mr. MDT RECORD is back at the helm and we will win the next 7 games ❤️  Away to Swansea we will play .. Win we will, cause over yet it is not! 

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Posted Images

1: Pick your starting eleven, not your nose! 

Daniels

Djik Bamba McNair Taylor

Jones Howson Tav Bola

Watmore Coburn

That's a 442 because we sure as heck haven't the personnel just yet to play Wilderball with injuries and suspensions. Crooks aerial threat is a miss despite his dip in form and Sol is too slow to be left with a one on one with the CB's either side of him pushed up. 

2: Did you know a swan can break an arm ... or the mast of a large sailing ship? (Or is that the Kraken?

A concrete Swan maybe?

3: Is there anything in the Wilder and Wilder rumours, or should people stop feeding the trolls?

Wilder should stop feeding the trolls or clear off, anal splinters is never a good look.

4: On a scale from 1-100 - What is the realistic chance that destiny lets us finish in the play off spots?

5: Guess the two starting strikers (roll the dice)

Has to be Connolly then probably Balogun must be due a go. 

6: Are we in an "Everything to win - Nothing to lose" situation?

We should be but thanks to the unwanted Circus in Town heaven knows what the mindset of the Players and their preparation has been like this week or even who has been doing the preparation and how focussed they are.

7: Do you even want us to play in the PL next season? Why/why not?

I think that we would do a weaker version of Norwich and stink the place out but the smell of the money would be great and help us disrupt a Championship side by courting their Manager after we have sacked ours and put Woody in temporary charge.

8: Name at least 3 players who have played for both Swansea and Boro

Marvin Emnes, Connor Roberts, David Hodgson.

9: Name the two Danish managers Swansea have had

Michael Laudrop and ?

27 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

To balance out the negativity towards him just thought I'd post this in case some of us haven't seen it.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aaron-connolly-sends-five-word-message-to-middlesbrough-supporters-amid-play-off-push/

In fairness to the lad he seems to care, just need that hat trick from him now!

Aye, don't think his commitment is in question. Just got to pray he finds some quality to go with it, unfortunately. I'd love for any of our strikers to suddenly turn up for the last 4 games but it would go against most of what we've seen.

• Like 2

3. You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask, You don't need to ask Bye

• Haha 1

Pick your starting eleven, not your nose! 

Um... same starting XI as against Huddersfield. Not because I think they did well, but because, well, who else is there at this threadbare stage of the season?

Did you know a swan can break an arm ... or the mast of a large sailing ship? (Or is that the Kraken?)

Swans are nasty b***ards. One chased my brother-in-law down the street to steal his sandwich once. So he says, anyway. I'm certain he didn't chase a swan down the street to steal its sandwich, so the tale is probably true.

Is there anything in the Wilder and Wilder rumors, or should people stop feeding the trolls?

Oh Christ, I don't know any more. I don't know what the hell Wilder's up to. By this point, I don't even know whether I'm likely to be joining Burnley. Negotiations are very secretive, so I could be on the managerial shortlist without even knowing about it.

On a scale from 1-100 - What is the realistic chance that destiny lets us finish in the play off spots?

I'll go for 31. It feels unlikely, but then we did once get promoted with four successive draws, so I guess you don't need to be in blistering form to make the 'promised land' TM C in a circle.

Guess the two starting strikers (roll the dice)

Unchanged. Sporar to finally score and move closer to double figures and a signing fee.

Are we in an "Everything to win - Nothing to lose" situation?

If this week's collective s**t-losing has demonstrated anything, it's that there's a lot to lose. Like Kieran Scott. Self-respect. Our best players when we implode and morale goes off a cliff.

Do you even want us to play in the PL next season? Why/why not?

Mixed feelings. On one hand, I want Middlesbrough (both the town and the club) to benefit from the global exposure and heightened respect that comes from dining at the top table, to be among the top fixtures on Match of the Day when we spawn a win against Spurs or Arsenal, and to have studio commentary on Gillette Soccer Saturday instead of a couple of OB segments when nothing's happening elsewhere. On the other hand, the extra TV revenue will go straight out on wages, like pouring water into a bucket with no bottom - the faster it goes in, the faster it comes out. I also detest VAR and Newcastle, both of which would become inescapable, so it's a double-edged sword, isn't it?

• Like 1

Have to admit that I am somewhat feeling flat about this game due to recent results and that though still possible the hope of getting top 6 has almost faded away.

This is in the must not lose/must win spectrum but we do not have a good track record and recent events have spoilt things somewhat.

Clearly lack of posting here indicates that interest has faded away to a degree.

Draw at best

I'd drop a striker and go with one up front tomorrow. They're all pretty ineffective so its a waste of time. 

Play someone like McGree or Tav as a number 10 and get some runners from deep into the box. It'll also allow us to get hold of the ball a bit more and stop Swansea dominating possession. 

I'm hoping the drama this week this week can be a catalyst for a change in fortunes but I fear a repeat of last week unfortunately. 

I think Wilder needs to shake things up a bit and also prod the team into attacking at pace. I also think he needs to start jettisoning those who aren't along for the journey. So, I would go 3-4-3 and move Jones up front.

Daniels (but not allowed more than 2 in his wall)

Dijksteel Fry/Bamba Bola/Peltier

McNair Howson McGree Tav

Jones Coburn Balogun

It's a bit harsh on Watmore but he has done better as an impact sub. If Fry isn't back I think Bamba will have recovered. Bola has been really hot and cold but is a natural left-footer who could play LCB.

Subs: Lumley, Bamba/Hall, Peltier/Bola, Payero, Boyd-Munce, Watmore, Connolly

I don't think he'll do this but I would like us to start the game more aggressively.

Hard to see us getting a result, especially after all the soap-opera shenanigans but maybe that will work in our favour.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I'd drop a striker and go with one up front tomorrow. They're all pretty ineffective so its a waste of time. 

Play someone like McGree or Tav as a number 10 and get some runners from deep into the box. It'll also allow us to get hold of the ball a bit more and stop Swansea dominating possession. 

I'm hoping the drama this week this week can be a catalyst for a change in fortunes but I fear a repeat of last week unfortunately. 

McGree mostly played as a 10 in the Aussie League and is where he is most dangerous. I'd like to see a change of formation as well and the back three ditched, although from what's been said here, the manager is  apparently wedded to that system unfortunately.

• Like 1

I'd rather see a number 10 behind the two strikers rather than a number 10 instead of a striker. The strikers often drop so deep that they are practically number 10s anyway. 

I'm not sure I'm seeing what benefit howson is bringing to the team. He's always an extra man when defending but do we really need it with 3 centre backs and two wing backs who are pretty solid defensively? I'd rather our third midfielder to be a more central attacking player so the strikers can go a bit wider but further forward and the attacking midfielder makes it a 3.

McGree seems ideal for that role, he's got in more shooting positions than anyone else in the side in his few starts from what I can see. So for this game I'd go - 

Daniels 

Dijksteel  fry (hopefully). McNair

Jones.                                         Bola

Howson.                 Tav

McGree. 

Connolly.      Balogun

With watmore and coburn coming off the bench. Don't particularly want to see any more of sporar. 

27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'd rather see a number 10 behind the two strikers rather than a number 10 instead of a striker. The strikers often drop so deep that they are practically number 10s anyway. 

I'm not sure I'm seeing what benefit howson is bringing to the team. He's always an extra man when defending but do we really need it with 3 centre backs and two wing backs who are pretty solid defensively? I'd rather our third midfielder to be a more central attacking player so the strikers can go a bit wider but further forward and the attacking midfielder makes it a 3.

McGree seems ideal for that role, he's got in more shooting positions than anyone else in the side in his few starts from what I can see. So for this game I'd go - 

Daniels 

Dijksteel  fry (hopefully). McNair

Jones.                                         Bola

Howson.                 Tav

McGree. 

Connolly.      Balogun

With watmore and coburn coming off the bench. Don't particularly want to see any more of sporar. 

Having Howson sitting centrally allows him to fire fight when our CB's make runs from deep and provides a passing outlet to recycle the ball. I think if we take him out for an attacking outlet it would limit how high our CBs can get up the pitch.

As an aside I see a lot of complaints that we recycle the ball too much and show too much patience, I question what fans want as this is what a possession based team a lot of us wanted one that wants to dominate a game. Putting it into the box at the first opportunity isn't better or worse, its just a different more Warnock style philosophy. It looks like we don't have the 11 to pull it off against better quality opposition but think with 4 or so players who match the style of play and an off season to imbed the tactics we can start really challenging for top 2.

• Downsouth changed the title to Swansea v BORO 1-1 (McGree)