• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of bein

RELAX, guys ... I got this!  Mr. MDT RECORD is back at the helm and we will win the next 7 games ❤️  Away to Swansea we will play .. Win we will, cause over yet it is not! 

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Furthermore, I'd turn your argument around and ask what makes you think Boro will go on an unlikely winning streak?

Because I don't think it's that unlikely.

I'd say we'll probably need 3 wins and a draw to get in the play-offs, even assuming results aren't kind for us elsewhere.

We're playing 13th, 17th, 14th and 15th, that is a doable run of results.

But my point was not that it would happen, it's that it could and it's not a pie in the sky hope.

Even if we sadly lose today, which is a decent possibility considering Swansea are a good side on their day, and results go against us, we're a maximum of 6 points off the play-offs with a game in hand and would still have something to play for.

If Sheffield United win and we lose today, and we don't win on Wednesday, I'm quite happy to concede the last two matches are very unlikely to mean anything, but before that we're still very much in it.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1

But at the same time, almost every time we've been given an opportunity to close or create a gap on teams this season, we've fluffed it, so I wouldn't be shocked at all if we did it again.

If we can lose to Hull and Barnsley, we can lose to anyone.

i think we'll win convincingly today. Commitment renewed after the press conference yesterday. 

Swansea won't sit back and defend like Hull and Huddersfield did (which worked a treat on us). So they should suit our play a bit more.

4-0 Boro. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Yeah but we had a much better team under Karanka. No comparison really.

Final stats for that season were W26 D11 L9 F63 A31 GD32 Pts89

Compare that to this season: W18 D9 L15 F52 A44 GD8 Pts63

Funnily enough that season our top scorers were Nugent (8), Stuani (7) and Ramirez (7). Guess it shows you don't actually need a 20 goal a season striker to do well.

I also vaguely recall some folks were rather annoyed with Karanka and accused him of almost blowing our promotion bid with his negative, defensive tactics.

I may or may not have been one of them...

Edited by AnglianRed

This is a must win game this afternoon but I doubt we will win. We seemingly have no idea now how to score goals after spending the last 4 months playing Striker merry go round or should that be Striker pass the parcel?

If we can't or don't score goals it all becomes an irrelevance for this season at least. Miracles do happen however and maybe this last week has been a bit of a wake up call and reality check. As a consequence we might get a reaction, anyway Connolly is surely long overdue a hat trick, isn't he?

My real concern however is that we will see a pedestrian Sol being left on his own whilst McNair and Dijksteel go overlapping up the pitch and a few balls over the top will leave him left for pace as Swansea exploit the obvious flaw with the 37 year old. I would hope that Wilder will have realised that by now and switch to four at the back while Fry is out with Jones at Right Wing but it won't happen. Maybe Swansea will have another off day at the back and concede four again and we won't be so open as I fear we will but then again we would have to score at least one let alone four. 

We are now in a four game mini tournament. Long term strategy of how we play should be parked while Wilder realises he needs to make the most of what he has got and not what he wants in the Summer. If we lose it isn't over, it merely prolongs the frustration until midweek in the hope that a freak set of results help us once again while we fail to take advantage.

Hoping for a surprise inspirational display from Boro but unless there has been a clear the air meeting and heads are focussed I can only see more of the recent slump continuing.

Swansea won 4 out of the last seven but I think have drawn the last two. I suspect they might have gone on their holidays but so have we. I expect a draw today and our future to be taken out of our hands but just a little bit of hope left to drive you mad.

• Downsouth changed the title to Swansea v BORO 1-1 (McGree)