• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of bein

RELAX, guys ... I got this!  Mr. MDT RECORD is back at the helm and we will win the next 7 games ❤️  Away to Swansea we will play .. Win we will, cause over yet it is not! 

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Posted Images

*** poor strikers the lot of them, actually make me want to tear what little hair i have left out.

literally get rid of the lot of them and maybe loan coburn out as a development.

Rest i couldn't care less about sporar,connolly and balogun all not good enough, i dont class watmore as a striker either he was more effective on the wing imo.

honestly the entire team needs sorting because its not just the strikers, we need a keeper, defense needs another CB and probably another LWB and the midfield just looks so flat there's just no spark what so ever its so pedestrian with the constant side to side passing, cant even remember the last time we've had a midfielder just have a crack at goal its like there scared to shoot.

Just super sad and disappointing overall but again wilders had 6 month and 1 janky transfer window so can't be too down about it, its just arghhh so close but still alot of work to be done over the summer and preseason.

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

probably had more shots and chances today than we have in weeks but that lack of quality in the final third keeps showing.

I’m not a massive fan of Balogun but Wilder needs to be asked why he dropped him when he started to show form.

Overall though *** poor game management to concede so soon after scoring has cost us three points.

Not trying to be harsh on him, but he's only scored 3 goals for us and 2 were absolute tap-ins that any of our strikers would have scored.

Sporar had scored a few great goals for us, it doesn't make him a great striker.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

1-on-1 with the keeper should be Connolly's bread and butter. I'm not prejudiced against him in particular, none of our strikers have done enough in that regard, if anything I've stood up for Connolly on plenty of occasions because he works hard on the pitch and puts in a lot of work. But he's just another one who can't finish chances for toffee.

I thought the knock was on his foot or heel though?  If it was there's no way you get a clean contact on the ball.  Like I said, my stream was crap so I couldn't even see it properly mind, it just looked like he couldn't connect properly when he took his shot.

Not seen the game so won’t make assumptions but 2 points from 15 in my opinion has lost us a playoff. Some will point out we are still in it mathematically and I agree, but I won’t be putting money on us succeeding. 
Its harsh because of the transitional period but will add, apart from a handful of games I don’t feel we have played attractive football either.  
At least it’s going to be an interesting transfer window. 

I thought our midfield could and should have done a lot better. McGree getting match fit, Howson looked leggy and Tav just needs to stop the fancy stuff and focus on the effective stuff. 

Jones has disappeared, Bola offers no threat on the left and our Strikers are all really poor. McNair gives away silly free kicks in dangerous areas, Dijksteel was good but could be even better if he believed in himself and Bamba was solid. Daniels definitely the MOM.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not trying to be harsh on him, but he's only scored 3 goals for us and 2 were absolute tap-ins.

Sporar had scored a few great goals for us, it doesn't make him a great striker.

It’s not harsh and I don’t think he’s a good striker buts it’s an odd decision to take him out after he scored a few goals.

But contribution wise (I think there a couple of assists as well) is above what Connolly and Sporar have offered since Wilder was here.

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

2 points from 15 is as bad as the Pulis implosion. At least we can't blame the panto this week as were just as bad before Turfgate.

Well it's not quite cause that was 0 points out of 18. But it's not good, and its cost us. Especially considering all the other teams around us have faltered.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I know we've got the benefit of hindsight now... And I don't really wanna say it but..

Has the decision to not recall Spence cost us a spot in the play offs?

It hasn't helped but I think our problems are far deeper than anything Djed could fix although it may have pulled Forest out of the top 6.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Well it's not quite cause that was 0 points out of 18. But it's not good, and its cost us. Especially considering all the other teams around us have faltered.

Yeah its a bit like comparing diarrhoea trying to figure out which was the least watery. Both unacceptable.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It hasn't helped but I think our problems are far deeper than anything Djed could fix although it may have pulled Forest out of the top 6.

I think it's more than that though. All our success came when we had that wide outlet in Jones who was creating chances all game long - now he's stopped doing that, the Team has stopped getting results. If we had Spence to step in when he was out and out of form... Who's to say we couldn't have earned the extra 3 points we needed to put us in the driving seat.