oneBoro Forum

Swansea v BORO 1-1 (McGree)

Ive went away for a few hours and had a think, I still feel the same as I did during the game despite the season not mathatically over for us mentally now, I think the players won't recover enough from going 4 games on the trot without winning to mount a serious promotion challenge as they'd need to win every game. Mentally for them it's another game we haven't won.

I would go as far to say any loan players who are we or them not interested in been here next season don't play now, build the future and give chances to players on the fringe players. Use the rest of the season to do something positive and build momentum for next season.

• Like 2
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of bein

RELAX, guys ... I got this!  Mr. MDT RECORD is back at the helm and we will win the next 7 games ❤️  Away to Swansea we will play .. Win we will, cause over yet it is not! 

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Posted Images

In the Gazette Wilder specifically name checked Kyle Naughton. Said he a very good defender who can play anywhere across the back 4.

Can anyone see us making a move for him in summer as a possible Peltier replacement?

Couldn't really knock the way we set up there. It was exactly how I'd personally hoped we would play. We forced them into mistakes and got chances from that more than creating with our own play. Probably deserved to win although it could have went either way with sitters missed from both sides and woodwork hit from both sides. Promotion wasn't lost today it was lost at home to Huddersfield and Hull. It was at least encouraging to see that set up differently to suit the opposition. I'm not going to focus on the negatives as I've felt too negative about the team recently. This season is done now I just hope to see coburn start the remaining games and to see some progress in the way we play I terms of creating chances and defending properly in key moments. I'll be interested to see who comes in the summer and how we start next season and then I reckon I'll have made my mind up on Wilder well and truly by that point.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

In the Gazette Wilder specifically name checked Kyle Naughton. Said he a very good defender who can play anywhere across the back 4.

Can anyone see us making a move for him in summer as a possible Peltier replacement?

No thanks he's definitely not a very good defender. He's good on the ball but his defending was very weak today. Swansea were awful at the back

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not trying to be harsh on him, but he's only scored 3 goals for us and 2 were absolute tap-ins that any of our strikers would have scored.

Sporar had scored a few great goals for us, it doesn't make him a great striker.

I think it was more the timing of it than him being brilliant. He’d scored for us then went away with the England U21s and got 3 goals in two games and came back full of confidence only to be totally sidelined for no clear reason. 

1 hour ago, sackrobson2 said:

I think it was more the timing of it than him being brilliant. He’d scored for us then went away with the England U21s and got 3 goals in two games and came back full of confidence only to be totally sidelined for no clear reason. 

I think he was rested against Fulham with the Hull match in mind and he was rubbish against Hull, which is possibly why he's featured even less since.

But no striker has shone for weeks, so I'm not surprised the questions are being asked.

It's looking like we'll need 3 wins from 3 to have a chance now, and unless we sort out our goalscoring, we'll probably also need Sheffield United to lose one of their remaining two rather than just draw.

It was a damaging result yesterday, we had more than enough chances to win that and yet again we didn't take them.

• Like 1

Still time for it to change but it really is shocking that our top scorer is a midfielder who hasn't got a goal since February and will have missed 6 matches through suspension this season.

It's looking like the 2nd season in a row where we don't even have a player in double figures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I recorded the game and having had time to watch I would say we did fairly well apart from converting opportunities into goals. Shots off target is still concerning though. 
Our chance for a play off was not down to this one game and all about the games against equal or lesser opponents when we just didn’t bother to turn up. 

• Like 3

Had we been in a better position I feel under most circumstances that an away point against Swansea would have been acceptable, partially due to the fact that we do not score for fun but sadly our recent form negated the Swansea result.

Also I am pleased to see that we can finger Tav once again I had thought he was immune to anyone questioning him and his contribution overall, but as Uwe mentioned he failed with a gift wrapped chance resulting in our defenders presenting a gift wrapped equaliser.

Our entire midfield needs reshaping and we must move on from the likes of Howson, McNair and a few others.

Any way as is the norm the "highlights" are up for viewing and some one please tell me why we allowed them to equalise.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12597122/swansea-1-1-middlesbrough-championship-highlights 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's looking like we'll need 3 wins from 3 to have a chance now, and unless we sort out our goalscoring, we'll probably also need Sheffield United to lose one of their remaining two rather than just draw.

It was a damaging result yesterday, we had more than enough chances to win that and yet again we didn't take them.

3 out of 3 turning round our recent form does not compute he says in his best robot voice🤖

13 hours ago, Brunners said:

Crooks last minute header consolation vs Bristol City is the last I can remember?

Bit ironic that our highest scorer is a big bloke who is good in the air rather than a teeny weeny dicky dancer. Throw in that he isn't even a Striker and a few really serious questions have to be asked before we go shopping in the Summer to buy Players that fit Wilderball.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Any way as is the norm the "highlights" are up for viewing and some one please tell me why we allowed them to equalise.

Firstly howson was far too weak in his challenge in the middle of the park. After that we allowed their striker a 1 on 1 with Bamba with too much space to move into on his stronger side more than likely due to mcnair charging down the field from cb. Poor game management after you take the lead in a must win game. 

47 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Bit ironic that our highest scorer is a big bloke who is good in the air rather than a teeny weeny dicky dancer. Throw in that he isn't even a Striker and a few really serious questions have to be asked before we go shopping in the Summer to buy Players that fit Wilderball.

Also he's got 4 league goals since Wilder took over, including both in the home win against Reading, so apparently he can fit into Wilder's system. But for some reason the team has stopped doing whatever it was doing that let him get into goalscoring positions and got the ball to him.

If Wilder wants to use Crooks in a different role I suppose thats fair enough, but his new / preferred system has to be proven to work. Hopefully it will start working next season...

• Like 1