oneBoro Forum

Swansea v BORO 1-1 (McGree)

11 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

In the Gazette Wilder specifically name checked Kyle Naughton. Said he a very good defender who can play anywhere across the back 4

Since reading this a few hours ago it's kind of stuck with me. This is what concerns me when we're on about potentially giving several million quid to a man who sees Kyle naughton as a capable central defender. He honestly doesn't want to be anywhere near recruitment or I can see another monk scenario 

• Like 1
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of bein

RELAX, guys ... I got this!  Mr. MDT RECORD is back at the helm and we will win the next 7 games ❤️  Away to Swansea we will play .. Win we will, cause over yet it is not! 

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Since reading this a few hours ago it's kind of stuck with me. This is what concerns me when we're on about potentially giving several million quid to a man who sees Kyle naughton as a capable central defender. He honestly doesn't want to be anywhere near recruitment or I can see another monk scenario 

Well his defensive signings have generally been good. He signed o'connell, Egan, Stevens etc in lower league and they were key players when they got to Europe.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, TLF10 said:

In the Gazette Wilder specifically name checked Kyle Naughton. Said he a very good defender who can play anywhere across the back 4.

Can anyone see us making a move for him in summer as a possible Peltier replacement?

He's about to sign a new deal with Swansea and is 33.

No chance.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Well his defensive signings have generally been good. He signed o'connell, Egan, Stevens etc in lower league and they were key players when they got to Europe.

I suppose we are going to see in a couple of months but Kyle Naughton cannot play anywhere outside of full back in a defence I know that much. I take your point that those were good players for sheff united tho and if he can buy a few as effective as they were we will be much better for it next season.

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Also I am pleased to see that we can finger Tav once again

Whatever floats your boat

Just gonna put my head above the wall to say I dont think Connolly did that badly. If Coburn had the sub appearance he did we would be saying he was unlucky. 

The worrying thing for me is that Tav and Howson must put the best set pieces in during training. 

We know this side is missing a lot but I think a proper holding midfielder to go alongside 2 more forward thinking ones would work wonders. Mcgree had a good game. If we can get him travelling with the ball like at times against Hull he could be decent. Theres a good player in Tav - think he needs Bola back to his best to link with. And to not take set pieces. Crooks brings something different, and havent seen enough of Payero to comment.

Also mad how Dijksteel is the only player taking people on and attempting to pass between the lines when they camp on their box.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Connolly has been given way too many chances and failed to score a proper goal in all those chances. Disaster of a signing.

Why has he come on ahead of Balogun? Why did Balogun suddenly become 5th choice just as he hit form? 

baffles me, would play him with colburn then have watmore waiting on bench if need him in second half when opponents are tired, thats when he works his magic. He can't play like that all match

19 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I know we've got the benefit of hindsight now... And I don't really wanna say it but..

Has the decision to not recall Spence cost us a spot in the play offs?

spence has pretty much been put out to sale, he funding our transfer window, Forrest would be in play offs without him and im not certain we would be anywhere different with him

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

spence has pretty much been put out to sale, he funding our transfer window, Forrest would be in play offs without him and im not certain we would be anywhere different with him

I agree. I think spence would be exactly the same. Jones at us is our main attacking threat, so teams are starting to shut that off. Spence isn’t at forest, they have brennan Johnson and others who cause problems. 

• Like 1

My issue with Tavs miss is that is his normal now. He’s guilty of missing easy chances now. I just don’t get how he and the rest of the team hasn’t got composure in that final third. Is it mentality or how they’re being coached?

I don’t think we will make the play offs and I’m already looking forward to seeing what we look like next season. McGree was fantastic today and looks a positive player to have in midfield. 

If by some major miracle we make the play offs, I don’t see us having the belief or execution to win a high pressure game. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

My issue with Tavs miss is that is his normal now. He’s guilty of missing easy chances now. I just don’t get how he and the rest of the team hasn’t got composure in that final third. Is it mentality or how they’re being coached?

His play in the final third is his big weakness and what will probably stop him reaching the top. 

Could he play the Howson role?

• Like 1
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

His play in the final third is his big weakness and what will probably stop him reaching the top. 

Could he play the Howson role?

I really can’t think at the moment when our midfield 3 will look like next season. 

I think Tav is our best option for a LWB spot and so I’d have Crooks as the sitter, Payero and McGree with Tav in a LWB role.  

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Also I am pleased to see that we can finger Tav once again I had thought he was immune to anyone questioning him and his contribution overall, but as Uwe mentioned he failed with a gift wrapped chance resulting in our defenders presenting a gift wrapped equaliser.

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of being negative but I never in all my time on here said I was pleased that one of our players had a bad game so we could get back to slating them.  Boro fans who can't tell if being 8th means you're doing better than when you're 14th, Boro fans who are actively looking for opportunities to slag off our own players. 

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 7
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of being negative but I never in all my time on here said I was pleased that one of our players had a bad game so we could get back to slating them.  Boro fans who can't tell if being 8th means you're doing better than when you're 14th, Boro fans who are actively looking for opportunities to slag off our own players. 

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Have to agree with this. It’s out of order delighting in one of our players having a bad game just so he can be slagged off. Very surprised and disappointed at you on this one Alan 😓

Just seen these highligts 

How on earth did that game only have 2 goals in it .. ?

Absolutely bonkers 2nd half 

Would someone tell me how our players did and maybe give them a number between 1 and 10 each for how they played?

I couldn't watch the game