oneBoro Forum

Swansea v BORO 1-1 (McGree)

10 hours ago, Blanco said:

Have to agree with this. It’s out of order delighting in one of our players having a bad game just so he can be slagged off. Very surprised and disappointed at you on this one Alan 😓

The "pleased" has been taken out of context and I apologise for for not wording my post a little bit better.

Of course I am not pleased persay but certainly in my right to moan about just how underwhelming our midfield has been and Tav to be honest has been immune to any form of critisism for a while now since previous comments.

I am just disappointed in overall contributions from various players at a stage where it appeared we could go that extra mile.

Improvement in finishing places of course CT is correct but to ferret and display a particular post is a personal agenda to once again make a forum member feel uncomfortable and to be fair attack that member as he often does.

• Like 1
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of bein

RELAX, guys ... I got this!  Mr. MDT RECORD is back at the helm and we will win the next 7 games ❤️  Away to Swansea we will play .. Win we will, cause over yet it is not! 

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Posted Images

I have just watched the replay and I am surprised that nobody has mentioned how that goal was exclusivly Bamba's fault! or maybe they have and ive missed it.

He played the Obafemi onside and was 3 or 4 yards behind the rest of the line to try to cover his lack of pace, he then tried to block a shot that didnt happen which gave the striker room to shoot, if we had anyone else in that position defending then we walk away with all 3 points despite our attacking inadequacies.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I have just watched the replay and I am surprised that nobody has mentioned how that goal was exclusivly Bamba's fault! or maybe they have and ive missed it.

He played the Obafemi onside and was 3 or 4 yards behind the rest of the line to try to cover his lack of pace, he then tried to block a shot that didnt happen which gave the striker room to shoot, if we had anyone else in that position defending then we walk away with all 3 points despite our attacking inadequacies.

Someone mentioned it was Bamba's fault at the time to me and I didn't see it in live play but you're right. I think he's shown his age there a bit, the pace of the game at that point was electric and he's lost in following the man, not seeing that the rest of the line has remained high up. Also think if he steps up instead of following the man he might clear it himself, never mind just play Obafemi offside.

We had enough chances to put that game to bed so I wouldn't put the whole result on him but he's definitely at fault for that goal and that's just one bit of individual execution amongst the few others that could turn that 1 point into 3.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Someone mentioned it was Bamba's fault at the time to me and I didn't see it in live play but you're right. I think he's shown his age there a bit, the pace of the game at that point was electric and he's lost in following the man, not seeing that the rest of the line has remained high up. Also think if he steps up instead of following the man he might clear it himself, never mind just play Obafemi offside.

We had enough chances to put that game to bed so I wouldn't put the whole result on him but he's definitely at fault for that goal and that's just one bit of individual execution amongst the few others that could turn that 1 point into 3.

We need Fry back badly. 

Fry is severely under rated by our fan base, i've said it time and time again. Have to admit i thought it was a strange decision throwing Coburn in against Swansea, a team you clearly have to press hard. This was never the type of game for him to start.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Fry is severely under rated by our fan base, i've said it time and time again. Have to admit i thought it was a strange decision throwing Coburn in against Swansea, a team you clearly have to press hard. This was never the type of game for him to start.

Agree on both points. I have a little niggle with fry that he hasn’t played a full season yet.

He consistently misses 10-12 games a season. But he is so important for our back line.

I’m convinced the strikers are picked at random. It really wasn’t the game for Coburn. I would have wanted some legs up top to start with for the press. 

2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Agree on both points. I have a little niggle with fry that he hasn’t played a full season yet.

He consistently misses 10-12 games a season. But he is so important for our back line.

I’m convinced the strikers are picked at random. It really wasn’t the game for Coburn. I would have wanted some legs up top to start with for the press. 

not his fault though, if gibson offered me ayalas yearly holidays to stay I wouldof took them too

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Downsouth said:

The "pleased" has been taken out of context and I apologise for for not wording my post a little bit better.

Of course I am not pleased persay but certainly in my right to moan about just how underwhelming our midfield has been and Tav to be honest has been immune to any form of critisism for a while now since previous comments.

I am just disappointed in overall contributions from various players at a stage where it appeared we could go that extra mile.

Improvement in finishing places of course CT is correct but to ferret and display a particular post is a personal agenda to once again make a forum member feel uncomfortable and to be fair attack that member as he often does.

The pleased wasn't taken out of context.  You put it into context with the rest of your post, and you've put it into context with this post.  You want to be able to slag off Tavernier so him having a bad game has allowed you to do that.  You couldn't wait for Jones' form to dip as well so you could have a go at him.  Maybe you want to ask yourself why that is.

As for the bit in bold, according to you, as long as it's 'true' then it's fine.

By the way, the reason that Tav has been 'immune to any form of criticism for a while now', is because he has been far and away our best player for a couple of months so there hasn't been anything to criticise.  

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

The way I look at it with Bamba is that he is what he is.  He's a 37 year old central defender who has played about 50 games in 3 seasons.  If you're looking for a defender to have a scrap with a big centre forward than he's still able to do that but if teams get him running a lot, especially having to turn and go backwards, or twisting and turning in general, he struggles a bit with it.  The goal on the weekend it just seems to be that he's trying to give himself a few yards so that he doesn't get done with a ball in behind but then this allows Obafemi a few yards of space.  As soon as he gets on the move then Bamba is in trouble cos he struggles with the change in direction.  I can't remember which game it was earlier in the season, could have been away at Coventry, but I think he showed the same things then.  People put it down to being rusty but I just think it's where he's at physically now at this stage of his life/career.  He was brought in to be a cheap, experienced back up, and he's done that ok but really he shouldn't be anything more than a 3rd or 4th choice player now.  It does make you wonder what is going on with Hall, who is getting paid a fair amount of money to do absolutely nothing at all, but should be in the prime of his career, and never plays.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The way I look at it with Bamba is that he is what he is.  He's a 37 year old central defender who has played about 50 games in 3 seasons.  If you're looking for a defender to have a scrap with a big centre forward than he's still able to do that but if teams get him running a lot, especially having to turn and go backwards, or twisting and turning in general, he struggles a bit with it.  The goal on the weekend it just seems to be that he's trying to give himself a few yards so that he doesn't get done with a ball in behind but then this allows Obafemi a few yards of space.  As soon as he gets on the move then Bamba is in trouble cos he struggles with the change in direction.  I can't remember which game it was earlier in the season, could have been away at Coventry, but I think he showed the same things then.  People put it down to being rusty but I just think it's where he's at physically now at this stage of his life/career.  He was brought in to be a cheap, experienced back up, and he's done that ok but really he shouldn't be anything more than a 3rd or 4th choice player now.  It does make you wonder what is going on with Hall, who is getting paid a fair amount of money to do absolutely nothing at all, but should be in the prime of his career, and never plays.

I think that with the Players currently available due to injuries and suspensions etc. a back four over the last few games would have been a better fit for Bamba but that would mean a change of tactics and some personnel. Seemingly Wilder is totally wedded and committed to his overlapping CB system and it's non negotiable and that's what worries me. Opposition Managers and Players know exactly what they are going to face and can plan for it, when it works it's great but when it gets found out it all look's a bit Pete Tong. He's not the first Boro Manager not to have a Plan B but the way modern Football is now being so inflexible is questionable.

9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think that with the Players currently available due to injuries and suspensions etc. a back four over the last few games would have been a better fit for Bamba but that would mean a change of tactics and some personnel. Seemingly Wilder is totally wedded and committed to his overlapping CB system and it's non negotiable and that's what worries me. Opposition Managers and Players know exactly what they are going to face and can plan for it, when it works it's great but when it gets found out it all look's a bit Pete Tong. He's not the first Boro Manager not to have a Plan B but the way modern Football is now being so inflexible is questionable.

Possibly mate, but I don't think that would make Bamba any more mobile than he is now.  I'm not sure a back four would hide his weaknesses, and I don't know if Wilder would play a back four with McNair and Dijksteel as the two central defenders?  I assume something must have kicked off behind the scenes with Hall cos he's basically been completely shut out.  I'd say it was strange but these things do seem to happen with us for some reason.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Possibly mate, but I don't think that would make Bamba any more mobile than he is now.  I'm not sure a back four would hide his weaknesses, and I don't know if Wilder would play a back four with McNair and Dijksteel as the two central defenders?  I assume something must have kicked off behind the scenes with Hall cos he's basically been completely shut out.  I'd say it was strange but these things do seem to happen with us for some reason.

Wilder told Hall as soon as he came in that he was free to look for another club, I don't know if it was his attitude in training or what but he wasn't ever going to be given a chance.

Genuinely surprised he didn't leave on a mutual in January, tbh

• Wow 1
22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I was thinking more that with a back four he wouldn't be the last man standing as his right and left sided defenders charged forwards leaving him exposed for pace. That however would mean abandoning the back three and the overlapping CB's. I don't particularly think Hall is any more mobile and with his injury record I suspect the last thing he would be suited for is twisting, turning and sprinting. 

15 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wilder told Hall as soon as he came in that he was free to look for another club, I don't know if it was his attitude in training or what but he wasn't ever going to be given a chance.

Genuinely surprised he didn't leave on a mutual in January, tbh

I think it would have either cost us or cost Hall money. I suspect that we weren't prepared to pay him to leave when he may as well hang around and be available if we are paying him and Hall wasn't prepared to leave without a contract elsewhere to go to that was in line with his and his agents demands.