oneBoro Forum

Swansea v BORO 1-1 (McGree)

frustrating day today, absalute no show in the first half, but that was mainly down to swansea's anti football possession play. Second half was great to watch, but same only problems for the boro, we could score if our life depended on it.

positive for today was the fact that we created chances again and players 100% showed there still up for this.could have easily had 3/4 if we could finish but being boro we just cant. also annoying we couldnt hold the lead for more than 30 seconds.

i still have hope of the play off places, 5 points but a game in hand and sheffield have to play fulham. I wont call it curtains until after the cardiff game, if we dont win there they i agree its done.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's great isn't it.  *** me, pleased that you can slag off one of our players again?  The mentality of some people on here beggars belief at times.  I remember when I used to get accused of bein

RELAX, guys ... I got this!  Mr. MDT RECORD is back at the helm and we will win the next 7 games ❤️  Away to Swansea we will play .. Win we will, cause over yet it is not! 

I remember a time where we drew the last 4 games and went up on GD .. 😛

Posted Images

Dijksteel motm for me. Daniels did very well though. Howson not at the races today and tav just got frustrated and started doing stupid stuff. Mcgree should keep his spot when crooks comes back. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Dunno mate, I think he did ok there.  His first touch was decent but he needed the ball to drop down low enough for him to shoot.  As he shoots he gets knocked by the defender from behind.  I'll have a look on the highlights later but I think maybe it's not as bad a miss as it might look.

Agree.  Getting knocked made it more difficult. We had other players miss better chances.  Unfortunately Connolly's miss is the one fans will blame because we have so many who are prejudiced against him.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Have to agree to disagree. I thought it was terrible.

If he'd done anything much of note in terms of finishing before this game then you could forgive him but nah, one on one with the keeper, if you want to get promoted you need your strikers to finish those kind of chances in big moments of games and this is just another poor finish from him, for me. If this is the last we see of Connolly in a Boro shirt, I'd be pretty happy right now.

Just now, Hewie said:

Dijksteel motm for me. Daniels did very well though. Howson not at the races today and tav just got frustrated and started doing stupid stuff. Mcgree should keep his spot when crooks comes back. 

Strange how games can be seen so differently, I think dijksteel was decent but he gave them a couple of very good chances today with his poor control so wouldn't be motm for me. I think it might have actually been Daniels for motm. 

Missed the first half as I had more interesting things to do.

Second half was weird. Caught McGree's goal on BBC live text just before I got my stream up and running. Was posting to celebrate when Obafemi equalised - basically walking through our defence. Had a real ding-dong end to end spell where both teams could have scored another 2-3 each.

Swansea looked the better organised defensively IMO. Thought both sides lacked quality in front of goal. Don't remember either keeper having to make too many tough saves, though Daniels had to be alert to collect some balls before they fell to attackers.

Another frustrating afternoon where Boro looked as though they might score but fluffed their lines by lingering on the ball too long or just rank poor finishing.

Still I'm not that disappointed. History and this season were not on our side and I would have taken a point before kick-off. Actually predicted a 1-1 scoreline.

We just need sheffield United to lose to QPR  then we win our next two. Will mean in final day boro are 70 points sheffield United 69 and Millwall 69. Sheffield play Fulham Millwall have Bournemouth while we have Preston. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, White Band said:

Agree.  Getting knocked made it more difficult. We had other players miss better chances.  Unfortunately Connolly's miss is the one fans will blame because we have so many who are prejudiced against him.

A striker at this level should still score that, though his first touch was good. 

Tavs was the big one like I said though. Watmores was the worst miss. 

Just now, DurhamRed said:

We just need sheffield United to lose to QPR  then we win our next two. Will mean in final day boro are 70 points sheffield United 69 and Millwall 69. Sheffield play Fulham Millwall have Bournemouth while we have Preston. 

It's very mcuh there mate. It's just whether or not we can pick ourselves up. 

3 minutes ago, Hewie said:

I would put mcgree motm as he had a goal and coulda had some assists if our strikers converted 

1 minute ago, White Band said:

1-on-1 with the keeper should be Connolly's bread and butter. I'm not prejudiced against him in particular, none of our strikers have done enough in that regard, if anything I've stood up for Connolly on plenty of occasions because he works hard on the pitch and puts in a lot of work. But he's just another one who can't finish chances for toffee.

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

probably had more shots and chances today than we have in weeks but that lack of quality in the final third keeps showing.

I’m not a massive fan of Balogun but Wilder needs to be asked why he dropped him when he started to show form.

Overall though *** poor game management to concede so soon after scoring has cost us three points.

Boro had 13 shots at goal but only 4 on target. So yes, poor finishing is an ongoing problem for us.

That said Swansea had 19 attempts for the same number on target...lucky for us.

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Boro had 13 shots at goal but only 4 on target. So yes, poor finishing is an ongoing problem for us.

That said Swansea had 19 attempts for the same number on target...lucky for us.

For me it’s not just the finishing but the lack of class in the final third.

Not choosing the right pass, not finding a player in the box. Shooting when people are in better positions. Strikers not moving in the box

wr had chances to score today that didn’t even finish in a shot.

• Like 4