oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

41 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Would love to see Payero get some serious minutes. Tbh I'd sooner see him than most of our pudding strikers.

I think your wish will be granted tonight. Crookes is suspended and Tav's ankle is a bit iffy!

• Like 1
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

For what its worth, here's the mandatory stat dump.

Overall:      W22  D13  L33

Home:       W15  D8   L12

Away:         W7    D5   L21

Cardiff haven't done too badly on their last 10 trips to the Riverside, going back to 9th March 2008. Boro's record against them reads W4 D1 L5.

Current form this season suggests it should be a straightforward win for the hosts...but this season has been anything but straightforward. A lot will depend on whether Boro continue to suffer their recent homeground hangover, or whether they sober up and start playing like they did a few months ago.

Boro (Home):      W11 D1  L6

Cardiff (Away):    W6   D3  L10

Don't ask me why, but in the face of all evidence to the contrary I'm feeling fairly optimistic about this one. My prediction: Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Cardiff.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

They'll win tonight. Players are playing for their futures.

I think there’s only Howson really playing for their future (and he is playing like someone who already knows).

The loans will disappear back to their parent clubs. A couple of guys will get released by mutual consent and JLS will rock up with a new well paid contract.

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think there’s only Howson really playing for their future (and he is playing like someone who already knows).

The loans will disappear back to their parent clubs. A couple of guys will get released by mutual consent and JLS will rock up with a new well paid contract.

Daniels will keep a clean sheet and will be retained as cover for next season.

I want to see Balogun and Coburn start tonight, I think Payero could link up well with both of them (if Tav is at all fit though I think he'll start with McGree and Tav with Payero on the bench.)

Dael Fry being back is massive.

• Like 1

A win is due and we need it badly ... 

A draw "could" be enough, if we win the last two games, as I have a feeling SU only get 3 points max for their 2 reamaining games.

When did we last score from a direct shot from a free kick. McNair had one disallowed Hull away but can't remember another.

Therefore first goal will be from a set piece of some description. 

13 minutes ago, Stitchy said:

When did we last score from a direct shot from a free kick. McNair had one disallowed Hull away but can't remember another.

Therefore first goal will be from a set piece of some description. 

Yes, Cardiff are historically quite strong from free kicks.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)